Upcoming Vacation/Traveling with P3

Hum, I guess this makes me think more, if you set it to Discharge in 2 days, so after say 48 hrs, with the battery at 100% how many hours or days would it take to complete the discharge?

The 2 days you defined is the delay before the auto-discharge starts.

Below are two examples roughly explaining how auto-discharge works:

Ex. A: 2 days delay:
If you fully-charged the battery to 100% on Sunday (July 31), the auto-discharge would only start on Tuesday (August 2) and would take around until Thursday (August 4) before the battery gets down to 60-ish%.

Ex. B: 10 days delay:
If you fully-charged the battery to 100% on Sunday (July 31), the auto-discharge would only start on Wednesday (August 10) and will be down to 60-ish% by Friday (August 12).

It is important that you don't disturb the battery or the delay will reset. If you even press on the button on the battery to check the level, that will cause the delay to reset. Powering it up will also cause it to reset.

To illustrate this, consider a variation of Example B: If you fully-charged the battery to 100% on Sunday (July 31), but then on Monday (the next day), you pressed the power button to check on the level, etc., then the auto-discharge would only start on Thursday (August 11) and will be down to 60-ish% by Saturday (August 13).

Reactions: jeganx
Not to disagree with OrlyP, but I've read on other threads that just a simple push of the battery button to just it's level no longer resets the delay, only turning it on will. The former use to be the way it worked, but that changed with a FW update. I've not tested this myself, just stating what I've read.

Reactions: jeganx
Not to disagree with OrlyP, but I've read on other threads that just a simple push of the battery button to just it's level no longer resets the delay, only turning it on will. The former use to be the way it worked, but that changed with a FW update. I've not tested this myself, just stating what I've read.
Good info. In fact, I was about to edit my reply to comment on this apparent oversight. One should be able to check the battery state of charge without affecting the delay. Thanks for the heads up.

Would you happen to have a link to this update?

if you set it to Discharge in 2 days, so after say 48 hrs, with the battery at 100% how many hours or days would it take to complete the discharge?
It'll take 2-3 days to discharge down to 65%.

It'll take 2-3 days to discharge down to 65%.
Thanks, That info will be important in future!
Can you give us a scaled graph on your calculations?
:D
Just being Phunny..
Thanks
Rod..

Reactions: Cdolan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic