Traveling With Phantom 3... Tips?

The gimbal clamp sometimes slips off after a few bumps or long vibrations.
When I hike or travel long distances, I use a rubber band to hold the gimbal clamp. Just loop it around the clamp and gimbal arm.
Also bring spare rubber dampeners. If the case is stored vertically and there is constant bumps, it may stress and tear the rubber dampener mounts.

Reactions: 400ftFLORIDIAN
I saw a report on either ABC or NBC news that said United was banning all LiPo batteries from their baggage compartment, because the avionics or something caused them to heat up, at which time they could explode.

I saw a report on either ABC or NBC news that said United was banning all LiPo batteries from their baggage compartment, because the avionics or something caused them to heat up, at which time they could explode.
Lol.. And the Bermuda triangle is actually a martian landing site!

Holy Crap!! What makes it better than the one from Taco?

I've got one similar to the one from Taco and the difference is honestly night and day.
The $$$ stabilizer and lens cover is engineered very thoughtfully. It has a very strong grip on the p3 and once secured, isn't going anywhere. The material also has some flex to it for shock absorption.

Again - horribly, terribly, possibly frightfully expensive... but solid.

Here's a review:

Its a bit more bulky, and the flexibility might make it easier to install. But otherwise its the same product... for FIVE TIMES the price! Nice, but not that impressive!

Reactions: 400ftFLORIDIAN
Just got to my hotel, Phantom appears visually fine and boots up normal. The case barely had any scratches on it, so maybe the "fragile" stickers actually did something this time. Doubt it though!

Just got to my hotel, Phantom appears visually fine and boots up normal. The case barely had any scratches on it, so maybe the "fragile" stickers actually did something this time. Doubt it though!
I'm from Philly and I've seen those baggage guys. That case was punted across the Tarmac [emoji23] I'm just kidding....well maybe.

image.jpg

SURE, I'd trust them.
Sometimes they leave notices they went THROUGH YOUR your checked bags. TSA will cut locks off checked bagage.

Reactions: dirkclod
I agree with what's been said about not being able to check the batteries in luggage. I just flew with my Phantom and 5 extra batteries in a backpack and both times through security I was flagged for an extra check (which included swabbing for explosives) but had no other issue going through security.

so I imagine you could easily check the Phantom and carry the Lipo's in your carry-on. Though buy a couple of those lipo-safe bags and use them instead of baggies :) Might as well add the extra measure of safety.

No.. They cant! And USA today is hardly a valid source for TSA regulations.
My TSA - Home Airport

III% Steve is right. They are not allowed to cut locks off of checked baggage with a DECLARED firearm inside. They have to contact you (the owner, and only person that (should) have the key/combo) to come open it, if any additional inspection is requested by TSA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj