Unbalanced gimbal

I think it would be helpful to others to explain how you know your gimbal is unbalanced?

assuming this is with both power off and on?

only way I can think to balance it up would be to add some weight to each of the axis'

surely though, this is a return back to where you bought it from?

Hope you get it sorted soon

Bmews

Please explain further!

The H3-3D cannot be unbalanced as it is manufactured for one specific camera and one camera only (well a couple of you count versions of a model - The GoPro 3 and 3+)

Some common mistakes/misconceptions:

1. You cannot use the GoPro in the gimbal without a battery in the camera - this is part of the balance weight distribution.
2. A balance gimbal DOES NOT return to centre position when you tilt it (while switched off)
3. An H3-3D (or 2D) will feel VERY unbalanced without a camera in it - The camera in situ will balance the gimbal (it's designed this way)

I had a minor crash and one of the corner of the gimbal that holds the gopro has scratches. I assumed that part hit the floor when it crashed. And now when i compare my videos from before the crash, I notice that the angle of the fish eye lens is slightly tilted horizontally.

ohyeahnatan said:
I have a horizantally unbalanced h3-3d. Any one knows how can I balance it? Thanks

I use a Mobius camera on my gimbal designed for a GoPro. The Mobius is MUCH lighter than the GoPro. To balance my gimbal, I came up with the 55 cent solution. I used some high quality electrical tape to attach two quarters and a nickel to the end of the gimbal. 55 cents, and instant balance! :D

You may have to experiment with yours a bit to see how much weight to add, and where to attach it. Could it be that the gimbal is bent? If so, any chance of straightening it out?

Thanks for this. ^^ I have a mobius too, and have been holding off on a gimbal because I wasn't sure about the balance issue.

Kelso Kubat said:
ohyeahnatan said:
I have a horizantally unbalanced h3-3d. Any one knows how can I balance it? Thanks
could be the FPV bottom in the assistant software under gimbal... if FPV mode is selected horizon will "roll".
if its checked... Uncheck it!

No, its unchecked. The videos in my gopro now is always slightly slanted at the left side.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

10296206_4391826331878_7816178558642952860_o.jpg

unleveled shot from my gopro

Looks like you need another nicklel or so on the right side of the gimbal..:)

No. you gimbal is not unbalanced. check your lower gimbal mount. its probably bent. take it off and bend it back straight and level.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl