Two incomplete flight logs today

Reaction score
Hello all.

Today was my seventh and eight flight with P3P. When viewing flight logs later, I have found something strange. First flight is 6 mins in flight log (was approx 15 in reality) and starts on another place, then I took off from (GPS lock was there, homepoint was set correctly).

Second flight was even more interesting. I took off near the river, then after approx two minutes, ipad mini says - disconected - and I had a black screen for a while. Phantom was still control-able and the transmission came back immediately (still quite scary, over the rive). I continued over the river, up to 130 meteres over a small mountain. Suddenly a have recieved no signal and black screen. I pulled the control stick back (backwards) and waited (loooong waiting). Signal came back right when phantom was over me and it was returning home.

But in the flight log, right after take off (0:06) it jumps to 11th minute when the Phantom is returning home. If i lost my phantom, I would have no record. Big part of the flight is missing.

Somebody has similar experience?

Yep same here, whenever I lose signal or its weak the log is missing that data. Was 100% sure I was 979m altitude before lost signal again, but log only went to 933m... I guess because the log is stored on the iPad, not the p3... maybe the p3 has its own logs?

I guess because the log is stored on the iPad, not the p3...
It's stored on both, but if there's no signal, how could any data be stored on the device? There's no stream to carry the packets...

Sure, but - i will estimate now - I took off, after two minutes I had the blank screen and disconnection that came back imediately a then lost the signal after 11 minutes.

Flight log has 6 seconds after take of and jumps to 11th minute. And then, there is the first flight, which had no problems and isnt logged properly as well...

Sure, but - i will estimate now - I took off, after two minutes I had the blank screen and disconnection that came back imediately a then lost the signal after 11 minutes.

Flight log has 6 seconds after take of and jumps to 11th minute. And then, there is the first flight, which had no problems and isnt logged properly as well...
So look at the logs bird side and see if they are accurate.

I will probably look dumb now, but how do I look at them bird side? (tried google first with no luck)

hm, thought i read somewhere that they were accessible. oh well, sorry for bad info.

I put my p3 into flight data mode, but all I got was access to the sd card...
yeah that's what I'm referring to. I believe there are hidden folder/files on there, gotta turn on "show hidden stuff" to see them.

Nope, nothing other than the sd card...
hmm. ok then. could have sworn I read somewhere that it's possible. Probably on RCGroups. Or maybe I'm just confusing it w/ the logs stored on the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic