Tutorial For Futaba 14SG and DJI Phantom 2

markab said:
Quick question about model binding if anyone knows the answer...

I have the 14SG, a Phantom and a F550, both have 7008SB receivers, I linked one rx to my Phantom model memory and the other rx to the F550 model memory, however it does not matter which model is selected the tx will control both.

When I check in the link->system menu for both models they each have a different rx serial number, I thought selecting the F550 model should only control the F550 rx and selecting the Phantom model should only control the Phantom.

Can someone let me know which is right.

I have three on my 14SG. Any of the three will power any of the models. You have to be sure you have the right model selected.

markab said:
Perfect thanks just wanted to make sure the binding was correct.

FWIW, it doesn't make much difference with the DJI setups. The 'standard' channels are all the same. If channel 8 is used for something on the 550, it won't hurt things to use the same profile on the Phantom (assuming setup is the same on the 7 channels that are used - which is very likely.). I use the same profile on the P2, 550 (Phantom Naza, non-Phantom Naza) and on an A2. The difference is I only have 7 channels on the Phantom, 8 channels on the 550 and a pocket full on the A2.

Just a one last check here before I go to the effort to remove the PH2s rx and replace it with a Futaba Rx. . So I assume there is absolutely no way possible to get use of the 8th channel on this PH2 MC so that we can use the original PH2s rx? Seem so silly to take out the rx when it obviously seems the PH2 NAZA MC have an 8 channel output. I want to use the 8th channel for a camera servo trigger.

jcampen said:
Just a one last check here before I go to the effort to remove the PH2s rx and replace it with a Futaba Rx. . So I assume there is absolutely no way possible to get use of the 8th channel on this PH2 MC so that we can use the original PH2s rx? Seem so silly to take out the rx when it obviously seems the PH2 NAZA MC have an 8 channel output. I want to use the 8th channel for a camera servo trigger.

To misquote an old computer geek line, 7 is never equal to 8... no matter how large the value of 7. However, you might be able to do some weird stuff - like eliminate the IOC channel (you don't really use home lock do you? :p ) and use it to drive your camera trigger (can do that on non-Phantoms but haven't looked at it for a Phantom). Generally though, you don't get nuttin' for nuttin'.

Well.. I decided to move the slider switch to the right knob. I just can't seem to stop bumping the darn sliders while flying - thus screwing up a pan or run. Figured I could learn to use it but decided I was too fat fingered. Now I can instantly tell the position and if my FPV is being blotted by bright light (or other) then I'm still good with the camera angle.

anyone try the new software v4 witht the 14sg, and setup as quad with quad icon and such?

Hi I am a complete noob

I have managed to install the R7008SB on the phantom 2 with the green led light showing following these instructions.

I have copied over the phantom file which show on the 14SG display panel

However this is where i become stuck

When I take out the SD card or switch on the 14SG i get audible alarm and a message on screen with the following:
[WARNING]
THR POS.

TRANSMIT ? YES NO

Then when i connect phantom to the computer and open assistant software nothing happens non of the sticks move or anything.

Any help would be really appreciated

workdirections said:
Hi I am a complete noob

I have managed to install the R7008SB on the phantom 2 with the green led light showing following these instructions.

When I take out the SD card or switch on the 14SG i get audible alarm and a message on screen with the following:
[WARNING]
THR POS.

TRANSMIT ? YES NO

Then when i connect phantom to the computer and open assistant software nothing happens non of the sticks move or anything.

Do you choose YES?

Haze said:
anyone try the new software v4 witht the 14sg, and setup as quad with quad icon and such?

wa?

im running most up to date firmware on P2 with 14sg and it works fine if thats what your asking.

sar104 said:
workdirections said:
Hi I am a complete noob

[WARNING]
THR POS.

TRANSMIT ? YES NO

Do you choose YES?
Yes I do

workdirections said:
sar104 said:
workdirections said:
Hi I am a complete noob

[WARNING]
THR POS.

TRANSMIT ? YES NO

Do you choose YES?
Yes I do

What is the light pattern that you get from the Phantom?

Haze said:
Yes, updated 14SG to v4, changed model type to multicopter. It reset all my settings, but to be honest I did not mind too much, it present a perfect opportunity to learn 14SG's programming features. Long story short, everything works just fine.

First off - Thank You Brandon for an amazing post/tutorial.

I have been flying P2 w/stock controller for a month or more and just got the Futaba 14SG controller.

Hooked up the Rx in the quad.
Loaded the P2 profile Brandon created onto the 14SG.
When launching the Phantom Assistant software, I get the firmware warning - which I did update, but still get that warning.
Calibrate sticks.
On the "Basic" page I can't make the Control mode switch do anything in any mode. Don't think fail safe mode is working.

I have no Gimble control anywhere.
Have green lights.

Before I installed the profile - The controller would start the motors, now, after installing the profile - nothing seems to start the motors.

I feel overwhelmed with this controller and would welcome some help getting this off the ground.

Picking up my Lightbridge tomorrow.

Thanks.

I have a question in regards to setting the R70008SB, into mode 2.....which I guess is the one you're supposed to use with the S-bus. Apparently it doesn't come default to that.
So, I wanted the Youtube video on how to power up the receiver while holding in the little button, and get the rapid flashing, release, then push again, and get 2 red flashes. Then, I hold the button in again for a little over 2 seconds an power off.

Now here's where I'm confused; when I power up the remote, I get one solid red light, then 1 second later I get four flashes of the red light-am I in Mode 2?
Note-I never get any green flashes but that may be because I only have the 1 14SGH, and am having to use it's battery to power the receiver, so the remote is off when I do this.
thanks

ChrisTompkins said:
First off - Thank You Brandon for an amazing post/tutorial.

I have been flying P2 w/stock controller for a month or more and just got the Futaba 14SG controller.

Hooked up the Rx in the quad.
Loaded the P2 profile Brandon created onto the 14SG.
When launching the Phantom Assistant software, I get the firmware warning - which I did update, but still get that warning.
Calibrate sticks.
On the "Basic" page I can't make the Control mode switch do anything in any mode. Don't think fail safe mode is working.

I have no Gimble control anywhere.
Have green lights.

Before I installed the profile - The controller would start the motors, now, after installing the profile - nothing seems to start the motors.

I feel overwhelmed with this controller and would welcome some help getting this off the ground.

Picking up my Lightbridge tomorrow.

Thanks.

On the 14SG TX calibrate the sticks ( see page 57/58 of the manual)

Once you have done that hook up your phantom to your PC and run the phantom assistant , and do the various calibrations in there as well.

Hi guys,
quick question on using SH for failsafe. in the way it is set in this profile, do you have to hold for it to work? it seems like it when I check in the Phantom calibration software. unless just flickering would trigger the Phantom to go into failsafe mode.
cheers, Herbet

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl