Trying to fix gimbal and camera tilt after crash

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here so please bear with me if I'm not up to scratch with the rules. I've had a phantom 3 advanced for almost a year now. Recently though, it crashed into some tree branches and fell from 10 feet onto grass. After trying to fly it again, I got a gimbal motor overload. Managed to fix it according to this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The shaft was indeed misaligned. But the camera was still tilting. Did an IMU calibration and a gimbal auto calibration to no avail. Even tried putting it in the fridge for an hour before doing the IMU calibration as this had been suggested on another forum. Camera was still tilting. Although warm up time had now decreased by a lot. So then I noticed that the semi-circular thing on the bottom plate (above center board) got broken (see attached picture). Thank God it was still in the grass a couple of days later. I've been able to glue it back on the plate with some epoxy resin. But I think that there's something missing around the yaw shaft, inside the hole. See attachment. I've coloured it in red. Is that what they call the yaw shaft spacer? Can I buy this online? Can it be easily put back? Or should I just buy the plate?

Please help.

Thanks.

122101gon2gqgygwgc27ow.jpg

Hi ako21 that spacer is easy to put back on,( just repaired my gimbal recently) not sure if get one online. Maybe a used gimbal or plate maybe the way to go.

I think it's a bearing. Been reading up online. Can I buy this? Heard people talk about boca bearings? Would they fit?

Hi,

I'm new here so please bear with me if I'm not up to scratch with the rules. I've had a phantom 3 advanced for almost a year now. Recently though, it crashed into some tree branches and fell from 10 feet onto grass. After trying to fly it again, I got a gimbal motor overload. Managed to fix it according to this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The shaft was indeed misaligned. But the camera was still tilting. Did an IMU calibration and a gimbal auto calibration to no avail. Even tried putting it in the fridge for an hour before doing the IMU calibration as this had been suggested on another forum. Camera was still tilting. Although warm up time had now decreased by a lot. So then I noticed that the semi-circular thing on the bottom plate (above center board) got broken (see attached picture). Thank God it was still in the grass a couple of days later. I've been able to glue it back on the plate with some epoxy resin. But I think that there's something missing around the yaw shaft, inside the hole. See attachment. I've coloured it in red. Is that what they call the yaw shaft spacer? Can I buy this online? Can it be easily put back? Or should I just buy the plate?

Please help.

Thanks.

122101gon2gqgygwgc27ow.jpg
I recall someone else needing that bearing, but I can't find the thread right now. I do happen to have a picture of one that I saved from somewhere. I don't have a loose bearing to get a better photo. I'd bet they are not too hard to find if you could read the part info in the photo. To me, it looks like it could be NMB L-940ZZ. Also, you could try @hunch or @Ted4797

Gimbal Bearing.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Can someone confirm if the bearing's dimensions are 3x8x4 or 4x9x4mm for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced? Thanks.

I recall someone else needing that bearing, but I can't find the thread right now. I do happen to have a picture of one that I saved from somewhere. I don't have a loose bearing to get a better photo. I'd bet they are not too hard to find if you could read the part info in the photo. To me, it looks like it could be NMB L-940ZZ. Also, you could try @hunch or @Ted4797

View attachment 87933
i have about 50 of these :)
also if you need a casing where i see you used some epoxy, i have a box of those too.

Reactions: Oso and JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers