Try not to be sheep....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
That rule WAS illegal.

The AMA took my money, they should have been fighting this. We pay them for representation. It shouldn't take a private citizen to use his own money to fight an illegal rule!

The next one won't be illegal, but that one was!

I see this more as a government that didn't feel they had to follow their own laws. One set of rules for us little guys. One set, for the rich and powerful.

Again, the laws were clear. The FAA may make no law concerning hobbyist. The FAA must allow a 60 day public comment period BEFORE enacting a rule.

John A. Taylor said:

"Even if the FAA's unlawful registry is made legal, I certainly won't regret pursuing the case. I believe it will remain significant. It has sent a message to the FAA that it will be held accountable for its actions. The FAA knows now that it can no longer ignore the law and run roughshod over hobbyists in the mistake belief that we are have no recourse. As an attorney, I was shocked that an agency would so blatantly ignore a clear statutory prohibition. It was important to me to stand up for the rule of law regardless of the ultimate outcome."

UPDATED: Federal Court Issues Final Order: FAA Drone Hobby Registry Is - For Now - Officially Dead

A search shows...

Official thread is here:
Drone registration ruled unlawful by U.S. Court of Appeals

These threads have been locked as duplicate:
United States Court of Appeals overturns FAA registration

Federal Appeals Court Voids FAA Registration Rule For Model Aircraft

Drone registration ruled unlawful by U.S. Court of Appeals

thread_closed.gif

Reactions: Loz and dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts