True story

Reaction score
A good friend was interested in seeing me and my Phantom fly, so I invited him over to the house. After a short walk we arrived at the launch spot, just outside a 400 acre wooded, mountainous land preserve.

Weather was good and took off without incident. Let her hover at about 30 feet when I turned to talk to my friend. In what couldn't have been more than 10 seconds, I look up...and can't find my bird. Not only have I lost site of it, I can't hear it either. Gone.

Quickly, I give it throttle to keep from crashing, wherever it may be. Still no sign. I push forward, back and side to side knowing it will show up soon. But it doesn't.

Not 2 minutes into the lost flight, an F-16 blows in out of nowhere right over my head. Didn't see or hear it until already past me at an altitude likely under 400 feet. Oh ****, that got my attention!

How high did I send the Phantom earlier in my panic? Search me. Left FPV at home for some reason. Good news is that I did not hear or see a fireball in the distance.

Still no sign of the quad, until a minute or two later when she magically appeared directly over my head.

Sigh of relief.

Then I woke up, heart pounding, slathered in a sweat.

True story. My first Phanightmare.

Reaction score
best advice I can give now is...if you want to fly, then fly and pay attention. If you want to chat with your friend, land the Phantom and find a park bench to talk.

Reactions: claws
Reaction score
Might want to read the fine print, Monte55.;) Something like this could only happen in my dreams...

Having said that, a Chinook flew directly over my head at about 1000 feet this morning . No Phantom in the air at the time and I was wide awake.

Last edited:

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A good friend was interested in seeing me and my Phantom fly, so I invited him over to the house. After a short walk we arrived at the launch spot, just outside a 400 acre wooded, mountainous land preserve.

Weather was good and took off without incident. Let her hover at about 30 feet when I turned to talk to my friend. In what couldn't have been more than 10 seconds, I look up...and can't find my bird. Not only have I lost site of it, I can't hear it either. Gone.

Quickly, I give it throttle to keep from crashing, wherever it may be. Still no sign. I push forward, back and side to side knowing it will show up soon. But it doesn't.

Not 2 minutes into the lost flight, an F-16 blows in out of nowhere right over my head. Didn't see or hear it until already past me at an altitude likely under 400 feet. Oh ****, that got my attention!

How high did I send the Phantom earlier in my panic? Search me. Left FPV at home for some reason. Good news is that I did not hear or see a fireball in the distance.

Still no sign of the quad, until a minute or two later when she magically appeared directly over my head.

Sigh of relief.

Then I woke up, heart pounding, slathered in a sweat.

True story. My first Phanightmare.
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
..Good one, had me going there for a sec !
Try laying off the snacks before ya go to bed ;)

Reaction score
Ya got me, thanks for the laugh.

Ya Got Em Good.gif

Reaction score
Aren't dreams fun? ;-)

Now go get some REM, and call me in the morning!! Hahaha

BTW, That was a nice ending, to a horror story...

RedHotPoker

Reaction score
Surely I'm not the only one who has had a memorable dream about flying their Phantoms. Did it end in disaster or just start out that way?;)

gunslinger

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Jesus... I usually dream about Angelina Jolie... (it usually ends with a crash and burn... but I still wake up with my heart pounding and slathered in sweat...)

Reactions: dirkclod

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Jesus... I usually dream about Angelina Jolie... (it usually ends with a crash and burn... but I still wake up with my heart pounding and slathered in sweat...)

:D Yep

Reaction score
Was that pre-op AJ or post-op AJ? ;-)

Sadly, She had her crash pads removed...

RedHotPoker

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about wet dreams, boys :D. If it weren't illegal and stupid my Phantom would be a member of the mile high club.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about wet dreams, boys :D. If it weren't illegal and stupid my Phantom would be a member of the mile high club.
Ahaaaa keep that down will ya.jpg
Don't say Phantom and mile high in the same sentence as it will start a riot in here !! :eek:
;):D

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reaction score
Eh, sooo How was your weekend?

Oh, it was a regular Riot!!

No, nothing like the bikers brawl in Texas, that was crazy!
9 dead and over a hundred arrested...
Stay clear of Twin Peaks boys... Just saying...

Brad Pitt is sure a lucky fellow, eh...?
He don't mind, none.

RedHotPoker

gunslinger

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Now she's got store bought. And not right off the "rack" either, I'd wager. Custom jubblies. And I'll bet they're spectacular...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny gosney