Trouble using route tracker with google cached maps.

Reaction score
I am using an Nvidia Shield android. I cached a map of my surrounding area. When I go to fly at a park about two miles from my house I get the map of the place I am flying but I am not getting a line that follows the Phantom 4. I just get a circle and the arrow rotates but does not draw a line. When I flew a couple of months ago at a park about 7 miles from my house I flew and got a line from the home point to the craft. Can anyone help me so I get the flight tracker to work each time. Any help would be appreciated

Did you enable the "General Settings" --> "Show Flight Route" setting in DJI GO?

Yes I did. All I am getting is the arrow in a circle when I fly in a park around my home. When I flew at a park further away from my home I got a line showing the route. I am wondering if i have something set wrong on my shield. I have also done a few firmware updates since it last worked correctly.

In the lower left where the map is. The arrow just rotates and does not draw a line out to the Phantom like it did in times past.

You should see the line drawn on the map in the center of DJI GO (if you are viewing the map instead of the live view).

I know that is what concerns me. Is it that I am too close to home when I am using it. It seemed to work fine when I went seven miles away. It shows my home position as my house on the google map. I am wondering if there is something I need to do on the shield to correct this. The arrow and the circle are at the park where I fly but I saw another point on the map that showed my home.

I saw another point on the map that showed my home.
You should always see the home point marked on the map. If you don't see it, you should not take off.

I am seeing the home point. DJI Go told me the home point was calculated. All the readouts for diatance from home point were correct but no line was being drawn. all I get is the arrow going around in a circle with no line being drawn. I only whent out about 70 feet but a line still should have been drawn shouldn't it?

Thanks for your help. I will try going to the park where it worked before. The Phantom flies great. I just need to know how to to get the route tracker working on my Nvidia again. The time it worked I had an experienced pilot with me and I think he tapped something on the map. I really don't want to go on a long flight without that capability working.

I am seeing the home point. DJI Go told me the home point was calculated. All the readouts for diatance from home point were correct but no line was being drawn. all I get is the arrow going around in a circle with no line being drawn. I only whent out about 70 feet but a line still should have been drawn shouldn't it?

Just a guess, for the heck of it, toggle the SHOW FLIGHT ROUTE switch off. What changes? Then toggle it back on. What changes?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj