Traveling from Dubai to London

Reaction score
Any updated information on traveling with a Mavic Pro from Dubai Airport Terminal 1 to Heathrow via British airways? Should I carry the drone as checked in luggage or in a cabin bag? (Batteries will be in my cabin bag for sure) Any known problems with Dubai Airport security scanning?

Any updated information on traveling with a Mavic Pro from Dubai Airport Terminal 1 to Heathrow via British airways? Should I carry the drone as checked in luggage or in a cabin bag? (Batteries will be in my cabin bag for sure) Any known problems with Dubai Airport security scanning?

No issues what so ever. I always fly with my drone on BA flights. Just carry the batteries onboard with you and make sure they have around 50% charge and stored in a Lipo battery safe bag.
Your free to check the drone into the hold or carry it onboard with you.

Be sure to download the NATS Assist app when you arrive here in the U.K. It's a useful tool which shows you where you are able to fly.

Reactions: Technical Bob
Do you have any reason for recommending this?
No airport or airline asks for this.

Lots of airlines ask for this all over the world. You'll be able to find lots of info on the internet about why.
Just remember you are trying to get your drone somewhere. Take the precautions just in case you run into someone at the airport trying to spoil your fun!

Lots of airlines ask for this all over the world. You'll be able to find lots of info on the internet about why.
No airline asks for Lipo bags or partially discharged batteries and no airport security people even know what Lipo bags are or care to check the charge level of your batteries.
It's just a myth spread on forums.
If you can find an airline website suggesting either of these I'd be very interested to see it.

No airline asks for Lipo bags or partially discharged batteries and no airport security people even know what Lipo bags are or care to check the charge level of your batteries.
If you can find an airline website suggesting either of these I'd be very interested to see it.

You clearly have no experience so think next time before you gob off.

Batteries have caused me a problems in the past especially travelling through smaller airports around Asia. I've no had no such troubles anywhere else in the world. You have to appreciate there is a level of precaution we have to take simply because you never know who will check your bags.

Packing correctly could simply save you from missing your flight!!

You clearly have no experience so think next time before you gob off.
Thankyou for that Matt but it does nothing support your assertion.
btw ... I do have more than just a little experience and knowledge of the topic.

Your first video has no mention of discharging the battery or using Lipo bags. I'm not sure why you wanted me to see that
Tom's tech time (not an official authority) video has no mention of discharging the battery. He suggest you could use Lipo bags.
The guy in the 3rd video would have had no better luck if he had discharged his batteries or had Lipo bags.
He was denied entry to the flight because his bag was to be checked at the gate and he upset the pilot.

That's 3 out of 3 videos that don't support your idea.
I'll go back to what I said:
If you can find an airline website suggesting either of these I'd be very interested to see it.​
Pretty well all airlines requirements are based on the FAA guidelines which don't mention discharging batteries or using Lipo bags.
FAA Guidelines
Pack Safe
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

You have to appreciate there is a level of precaution we have to take simply because you never know who will check your bags.

Packing correctly could simply save you from missing your flight!!
Packing correctly as described in every airline's dangerous goods section of their website (that I've found) does not require discharging or Lipo bags.
Also i've never heard of any airline security people asking for either.

Find just one airline dangerous goods website suggesting you should discharge your batteries and use Lipo bags and I might believe you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl