Emirates Airlines: drones as checked-in baggage only?

14th feb I traveled with emirates from Kuwait to Bali , transit in Dubai with my drone as hand carry in hard case, the batteries removed and in protection bags, I had minimum issues with security. I was stopped when initially boarding the plane in Kuwait but after security understood what it was I was free to board. I was not questioned when transiting in Dubai or when arriving in Bali

Feb 14th 2018 only? wow!

Maybe it's just a pre-caution they made that rule available from their website that you need to secure any drones as checked-in luggage, or maybe not lol.

But i still have more time to decide as i am traveling in the month of May, wether i am going for a hard case or bringing my drone as a carry on.

Has anyone here used Emirates Airlines going to Dubai or exiting Dubai with their Phantom's?

Did you put you're Phantom in checked-in or carry-on luggage?

I am going back again to Philippines this coming April and recently i saw some issues that you need to put your drone as checked-in baggage. I did this before last December 2017 i encounter no issue at all. But this is my first time using Emirates with a drone.

Any thoughts?
Cebu Pacific (Philippine domestic airline) have the same rule, though they are okay with the batteries also being checked luggage, so long as the battery is removed from the drone and contacts protected from shorting.

I can't quote FAA rules but I read somewhere that they are different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik