Transmitted image is black. No errors.

This is getting confusing. Original OP was Daemon who said they weren't getting output from HDMI either.

Well that's ok because i'm even more confused... after almost a week of not working it randomly started working today... I have flown it several times now with normal video.... yeah no idea what was going on... sorry to add confusion to this thread.

Yip same just now went to fly because it collecting dust ,,,no camera power...turned off and on few times but same result......
1491628805121-637005083.jpg

I sent mine to dji, they said a board was bad. And want me to pay $217.00 in despite the fact that its 10 months old. Three different people there told me it would be warranty as long as I provided proof of puchase (I put a copy on top of the drone and in the dropbox with all of my documentation i shared with them in the inital ticket) Mine never actually quit again after it "fixed" itself a week later. I was merely trying to document the concern for warranty purposes in case it quit again. Their tech support people were adamant that I needed to send it in even though it was no longer "broken." I reluctlantly did so, now they have it hostage 2 weeks after i sent it and i guess i have a bill to pay if i want my drone back. Pretty shady. I feel like I was bated and switched.

One other piece of info that may help you, mine actally quit while i was using litchi. I messed with dji go the whole week it wasnt working. It started working again when i was getting ready to do a survey map with litchi before sending it in. I also know that i turned the video pre view down to 4mbps (min) before it started working again. Something to try anyways before sending it to the "experts."

My above post is the best I can tell you, ultimately, it went back to DJI for repair. I'm not sure but it seemed like some sort of a bug between litchi and DJI go may have caused the issue. The live feed came back when I turned the preview quality setting back to 4mbps (minimum) and went back into litchi if I remember correctly. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for your reply. I'm having the same issue, but I guess it is something else. It does work flawlessly on another tablet.
Best regards, Natasja

Same problem here. Not using Litchi or changing some settings. Also no firmware update. Maybe (don't remember) updated DJI Go. My P3 Pro just stop showing picture on Tablet. It saves pictures and videos on SD.
I tried to use my phone but still have black screen.
Tried old DJI Go 2.4.2 with no success :( Litchi also not working

Last edited:
Does it help to "just" take a picture. My view appears on my tablet after taking a photo. It's a weird solution, but it works for me... I do think there should be another solution. But I haven't found it so far.
Good luck! Maybe there's someone who's able to help.

I just accidentally found a fix for this issue. Thinking my AC was toast and still under warranty I figured id enter flight data mode in the RC settings to get my flight logs onto my pc for handy reference. Which i copied. What i didnt know and happily found out is that to exit flight data mode u must reboot ur aircraft (as instructed on the RC screen. When it powered back up after exiting flight data mode all issues seemed to correct themselves. Video is back and has been ever since. Try it!!

Yeah, looks like I wasn't clear enough in response to @3rdof5 topic..

There is no way that entering flight mode would fix NAND in gimbal board. Assuming that any command send to FC will fix gimbal is a huge misinterpretation.

The u-boot bootloader (used ie. in DaVinci chip on gimbal board) has several copies of its `u-boot.img` part. Details are here:
dji-firmware-tools wiki - DaVinci firmware structure
If that specific part of u-boot gets damaged, u-boot will continuously try to re-flash its primary copy, until it's either fixed or the NAND becomes completely unusable.

This means sometimes, in rare cases, a few restarts of the drone may bring the FPV back to life.
Still, I wouldn't recommend restarting your drone and praying as a way of fixing anything. It has bigger chances of introducing another fault than fixing.
Several restarts are required while following the diagnosis chart, and that's enough.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT