P3P no video feed camera led flashing red

Reaction score
Hi everyone I apologize in advance if this exact issue is covered in another thread but i havent been able to find it. While flying yesterday all was normal. I landed and took off again and video feed to the rc stopped. Camera is working as still photos still get saved to the sd card and the AC still flys normally. Tried to re update the AC FW and that now fails every time ending with a solid red light on the camera. Any ideas???

Just to clarify, on both my tablet and phone i get no picture from the AC but all other functions are normal. It's definitely not an RC issue or the usb connection to my device(s).

Hi everyone I apologize in advance if this exact issue is covered in another thread but i havent been able to find it. While flying yesterday all was normal. I landed and took off again and video feed to the rc stopped. Camera is working as still photos still get saved to the sd card and the AC still flys normally. Tried to re update the AC FW and that now fails every time ending with a solid red light on the camera. Any ideas???
Just to clarify, on both my tablet and phone i get no picture from the AC but all other functions are normal. It's definitely not an RC issue or the usb connection to my device(s).
No need to really clarify too much since we have seen these exact symptoms reported countless times. Sounds like the common ‘no image transmission’ issue. There are hundreds of posts about it here.

I am out biking with my wife right now, so I"ll get in trouble if I take the time to compose a proper reply. To save time, read through this current thread which has a guide to find your LOG_AB file. Post that file back here.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I missed that @quaddamage replied earlier. He is the resident expert on this much too common problem.

Here is the log file

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 224
An update, i deleted the FW .bin file from the sd card so it wouldnt try to update and put it back in the AC and powered up. Camera light now shows a steady green and the AC says safe to fly, all flight functions are fine. The gimbal moves normally and i can change angle with the RC but still no video feed

More info, in my original post in this thread i said i landed and took off again, that landing was using RTH mode which auto landed the AC (with the camera pointing down) in very short grass but i did get a gimble hot warning as it couldnt move so i immediately flew again to release the gimbal and at that point i had no video. I do not get a video transmission error, the AC thinks its transmitting video but the picture is black.

There's no need for additional details, the log clearly identifies the issue. And solution is on the graph which I linked to.
The graph actually contains retrieval of this log; you may start reading it at that point.

Thank you quaddamage. This AC is only about 3 weeks old, bought it refurbished directly from Dji. I'm not gonna mess with it and just go thru warranty.

Yes, if it is on warranty, this is definitely what you should do.

This is caused by a design flaw, so warranty should cover that.

You are not gonna believe this. Assuming I'd get a ton of questions from dji during the warranty/RMA process I went into the settings on the RC and entered flight data mode and connected to the AC via usb and copied all the flight data .dat files to my pc. It said to reboot upon completion to exit. So once the file transfer was complete, i shut down the AC, disconnected the USB from the AC and powered up. Now the video stream is back!!! Go figure!!!

Ok spoke too soon. Figuring all was well i shut down and started up again. Now no video stream. Ugh!!!!

Well, still ongoing, i once again entered "flight data mode" and waited the the status on the RC to say flight data mode reboot aircraft to exit. When i powered up after that my video stream was back. So now im letting everything cool down and will recharge the battery (its at 50% now) and will try again. IF on the next power up the video is gone again my plan is to once again enter flight data mode to reset it, then, put the FW update back in the root directory of the sd card and see if the update is successful this, hoping it will successfully rewrite to the davinci chip and solve any errors. Will keep u updated. Thx for the help everyone :)

Reactions: Oso
Well the 2nd reboot after entering flight data mode worked this time. Video is back and all is normal. After that test i added the firmware .bin file back to the sd card and it didnt even try to update, all seems to be fixed and ive done a couple flights and a few reboots and the video is back every time. Could the entering flight data be the trick to resetting this all too common issue???

Attachments

• 20180909_183903.jpg
    20180909_183903.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 264
Could the entering flight data be the trick to resetting this all too common issue???
It's certainly a very interesting development. :)

All is still well. My AC is working normally again and no video issues whatsoever. I hope this little investigation into my issues helps many others with a simple fix and not an expensive venture. My AC is still under full warranty so i wasn't overly concerned but im well aware of software issues/conflicts/glitches and i tried all i could think of to wake me AC back up and got lucky;)

I will say this.... I'M NEVER LANDING WITH THE CAMERA POINTED DOWN AGAIN!!! LOL

This is how I interpret what happened:

The issue was caused by top board overheating, as it always does.
And the spontaneous fix happened because DaVinci stores backup of its firmware and sometimes (depending on which part got corrupted) it is able to restore itself to a working condition over several reboots.

Anyway, congrats on fixing your drone!

My guess is that when the AC reboots from flight data mode its a slightly different boot process than a normal power up and maybe it verifies the firmware modules and corrects any errors if possible. Who knows? But it fixed it :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94