To good to be true?

I've never purchased anything from eGlobal Central, but that price sounds legit if the battery is the first version. They are currently going for $108 on Amazon.
Can you tell me why the P4 batteries are selling so cheap on Amazon? And how do we know if they are the first version or not? How many version are there now? And I did see where a few batteries were having a screw that was causing little crack over one of the lights. And some batteries also did not have quite as bright led lights on them too. I have 4 and need two more but I sure don't want any lesser quality battery though. I paid 159 each I think at Best Buy for me last two.

For 109, first gens are fine by me. Probably what I already have anyway. Much ado about nothing IMHO.

Can you tell me why the P4 batteries are selling so cheap on Amazon? And how do we know if they are the first version or not? How many version are there now? And I did see where a few batteries were having a screw that was causing little crack over one of the lights. And some batteries also did not have quite as bright led lights on them too. I have 4 and need two more but I sure don't want any lesser quality battery though. I paid 159 each I think at Best Buy for me last two.
The batteries at amazon are the 342 model, which is discontinued, and replaced with the 399 model. The 399 model has a fix for the issue of the 342 model cracking when pressure was applied to the charge check button. Or, so I read.

You're going to pay about $50 more for the newer model. It might not be worth the extra cost since it's not a problem that seems to affect most Phantom owners. I only recall seeing this issue reported here a handful of times.
My original two batteries that I received on March 17th or 18th seem to be the brighter led's. So how could they be newer version's of batteries that I received right when the P4 came out? Just curious. Then I got two more from Best Buy for another 169 a piece. And they also are the brighter version led's too. So are you saying that all the cheaper Amazon batteries are an older version or just a bad run of batteries that has a screw cracking the case? So DJI still sells them for 169 or 159 right?

Can you tell me why the P4 batteries are selling so cheap on Amazon?
Parts are usually less expensive on Amazon.

how do we know if they are the first version or not?
Amazon currently has three listings for Phantom 4 batteries. This one and this one are listed as the 342 model (the first version). This one does not specify the model number. I'm assuming it's the newer version since the price is $159/battery. You should contact the seller to be sure though.

My original two batteries that I received on March 17th or 18th seem to be the brighter led's. So how could they be newer version's of batteries that I received right when the P4 came out?
Are you sure those dates are correct? I ordered my P4 within a minute or so when it was posted on DJI's website and it was delivered on April 5th.

are you saying that all the cheaper Amazon batteries are an older version or just a bad run of batteries that has a screw cracking the case?
The batteries listed as the 342 model are the old batteries. All of the old version batteries are not cracking. It's just a possible issue with the old version batteries. If you want to save a few bucks, get the old version from an authorized DJI dealer -- like USA Toyz or The Camera Box. Then, if the battery does by chance crack, you can get it replaced for free through DJI.

DJI still sells them for 169 or 159 right?
DJI is currently selling batteries on here on their website for $169. If you purchase batteries from the directly, you'll receive the new version.

Both packs were pretty much available at release, the dimmer led pack always came with the P4 in its box, the brighter LED's seemed to be only with the additional packs but the dimmer pack as was also shipped as well, both did ship at launch well as close to as the extra packs were on back order for a few weeks but mine came very soon after launch and it was the bright led.

Initial believe was it was different manufactures of the pack, we have seen no evidence that says the brighter packs have been improved around that area as they are impossible to get into with out total distraction, also both packs have cracked as well so it's pretty much unknown if the pack has has additional support or not

Also note Often the reason for packs going obsolete is package and battery warning advice, DJI have changed all of the inspire pack Pn and made old ones obsolete because of changes in warning labels and packaging to comply with legislation changes.

Would be worth looking at both to see if the writing on the battery has changed at all, if so this is likely the reason for the PN change.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Would be worth looking at both to see if the writing on the battery has changed at all
I compared mine and did not see any differences in the writing.

I compared mine and did not see any differences in the writing.

Could even be on box in internal paperwork, it's odd they released with 2 different packs but I can't remember if they had different mode numbers at launch or have they changed the model number more recently and the LED's are not part of that.

The fact both were available from the beginning means it's unlikely the brighter led has anything to do with more support around the light guide, it's a bit of a strange one as both have cracked.

You would need to compare an original batter and one purchased in the last few weeks really to compare the writing.

Are you sure those dates are correct? I ordered my P4 within a minute or so when it was posted on DJI's website and it was delivered on April 5th.

The batteries listed as the 342 model are the old batteries. All of the old version batteries are not cracking. It's just a possible issue with the old version batteries. If you want to save a few bucks, get the old version from an authorized DJI dealer -- like USA Toyz or The Camera Box. Then, if the battery does by chance crack, you can get it replaced for free through DJI.

DJI is currently selling batteries on here on their website for $169. If you purchase batteries from the directly, you'll receive the new version.
Ill have to look at my packing slip on my bird. But I'm pretty sure I had it by the end of March. So it sounds like they released both types of batteries with the new release of the bird. I don't guess I have to worry about it too much right now anyway. As I lost my P4 this evening trying to fly between a couple of 500ft tall buildings and being out a mile from them. So I totally lost connection and RTH altitude was set to 120 meters. Not enough to clear I guess. Went and looked all over for it in downtown Louisville, Ky. No luck at all. It should have tried to come home and stopped at the tall building but I guess it landed on top of a smaller building when battery ran out. All my contact info is on it so maybe I'll get lucky. If I had not had my max altitude altitude set at 400ft I might have been able to pull it up high enough to keep RC signal higher than the buildings. But I was at 400 ft already and I just kept thinking I'll make it. It disconnected very quickly with no option to do anything. My cache map shows it stopping right before going between the two 500ft tall buildings. Nothing after that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub