TO GOOD TO BE TRUE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok look at what's in the box. one aircraft body! You do get the other stuff remote, camera,
battery and charger! And I was looking at the wrong add to start with! I was going to buy one..
Not trying to make anyone mad! But it says! One aircraft body! Then list the other stuff..
Good luck
The scammers ad is a copy and paste from DJI designed to fool you. It's not real. We all, well most of us anyway, know it's not real and a scam. It's really sad that people here fell for it. Greed often prevails over sound judgment.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to wire some cash as a "good faith" deposit to a Nigerian Prince who picked me to manage his inheritance from his uncle recently killed in an automobile accident. He needs to get the money out of the country to avoid some sort of taxes? PayPal says he's cool and they will certify the transaction. And I need to clear out my garage to make room for the 397 P4's I purchased off that site.

Don’t know what ad you got
But just went to the site and read it again
Not only is everything there but goes into the dji brochure about the camera etc
And the first line of what's in the box is One aircraft body.

Closing comment on this thread. At least from me, anyway. I contacted both PayPal and DJI with links to the site. PayPal would only say they will look into it further to ensure it's not a hacked account.

DJI, however, sent me the following:

"Windsel is not DJI's authorized dealer. Product quality and warranty status of products purchased from this vendor is not assured and authorized by DJI.

We always suggest you buy from the DJI Online Store or an authorized dealer so that you can get comprehensive support and quality assurance."

They went on to say they are escalating to a related department but did not say what that was.

Grego, that's how DJI describes the Aircraft and contents of the box. It's listed that way in their literature. Sample here: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/en/Phantom_3_Standard_In_the_Box_en.pdf
Don't try to read too much into it. The whole thing is fake.

Did I just hear a truck outside?

DJI Phantom 4 Pro (White)

What's In The Box?

• 1x Aircarft Body
  • 1x Remote Controller
  • 4x Pairs of Propellers
  • 1x Intelligent Flight Battery
  • 1x Battery Charger
  • 1x Power Cable
  • 1x Gimbal Clamp
  • 1x USB OTG Cable
  • 1x Micro USB Cable
  • 1x 16GB Micro SD Card
  • 1x Carrying Case

Boy I never thought trying to buy one would create so much hate.
Everyone on this planet should relax abit
I bought this drone for fun !
I don’t believe I risked any money
I’ll update as this plays out
Thank starz for at least not hating

I couldn't agree more. Paypal will protect your purchase. I confirmed this BEFORE buying. So there's literally zero risk. If someone says, "Roll these dice for free. There's a 10% chance you'll win some money." Would you do it? I would!

I believe Winsel.com is PROBABLY fake. But because it costs literally nothing to find out, I took a chance. I'll keep everyone informed. I admit that their incorrect contact information on their "Contact us" page raises a flag. But it's not a deal breaker. We shall see.

D

Remote not included camera not included! Is what it says, so if
you ordered one that's what you will get not a ripoff! Just not the
deal of the year. read fine print guys!

What's In The Box?

• 1x Aircarft Body
  • 1x Remote Controller
  • 4x Pairs of Propellers
  • 1x Battery Charger
  • 1x Power Cable
  • 1x Gimbal Clamp
  • 1x USB OTG Cable
  • 1x Micro USB Cable
  • 1x 16GB Micro SD Card
  • 1x Carrying Case

Ok look at what's in the box. one aircraft body! You do get the other stuff remote, camera,
battery and charger! And I was looking at the wrong add to start with! I was going to buy one..
Not trying to make anyone mad! But it says! One aircraft body! Then list the other stuff..
Good luck

Yep.

What's In The Box?

• 1x Aircarft Body
  • 1x Remote Controller
  • 4x Pairs of Propellers
  • 1x Battery Charger
  • 1x Power Cable
  • 1x Gimbal Clamp
  • 1x USB OTG Cable
  • 1x Micro USB Cable
  • 1x 16GB Micro SD Card
  • 1x Carrying Case

There's nothing to be informed about.
It's a scam and an obvious one. There's no maybe about it.

The reason there are scammers is because there are gullible people who can't see the signs even when they are pointed out .
As was pointed out in post #27, the reason scammers do this is to get what money they can out of their paypal account and move on to do it again and again.
There is no excuse for supporting thieves and scammers.
Anyone who does it is part of the problem too.

A scam doesn't only works if you get paid. If they're taking Paypal payments fraudulently, Paypal will stop payment. I ordered mine 3 days ago. I sent an email to winsel stating, "Provide a tracking number in 24 hours or I'm cancelling my order."

I called Paypal. I told them that I suspect this company is fraudulent. Paypal says that winsel has been accepting payments for "quite a while with no issue." In other words, nobody has complained. So....one can only conclude that MAYBE this is a legitimate company. I consider the possibility that someone else has taken over the company with the intent of stealing, but again, Paypal said they would cover it.

I say there's a 90% chance this company is fake or ripping people off. I'm willing to risk literally nothing just in case it's not a scam.

D

I say there's a 90% chance this company is fake or ripping people off. I'm willing to risk literally nothing just in case it's not a scam.
There is a zero % chance that the ad was genuine.
People just don't sell Phantoms for that price.
That should be enough to set off your mental alarm bells without all the other evidence that's available.

There is a zero % chance that the ad was genuine.
People just don't sell Phantoms for that price.
That should be enough to set off your mental alarm bells without all the other evidence that's available.

0% chance is inaccurate. See the following bullet point.

* If Paypal didn't vouch for them, I would agree with you. But since Winsel doesn't seem to have any strikes against them AND a history of doing business, there is a small chance that they MIGHT be legit. This is why Paypal is so willing to protect our purchase. Paypal HAS warned me in the past about dubious vendors. They have far more skin in the game than any of us. They don't want to lose money any more than the next guy. If there were flags, certainly they would tell us.

* With the release of the Phantom 4 Pro V2 (and with the rumored release of the P5 right around the corner), the P4P is slowly becoming a legacy product. So I consider the possibility that some vendors may have over-purchased P4P's and are dumping their stock.

* According to Paypal, the vendor is "Asian," which puts them that much closer to DJI and the possibility that someone's cousin got some kind of smoking deal on a gaggle of P4P's.

* I have also considered the possibility that these are "factory seconds" "scratch-n-dent" P4P's.

These are all *possibilities.* To say there is "0% chance they are real" is obtuse thinking.

Keep in mind, if they are fake, this doesn't mean that 0% is any more correct than 10%. The 10% number is based on the POSSIBILITY that they are real, which is absolutely a possibility.

If you consider that it costs nothing to try, it makes those who make fun more foolish than those of us willing to risk NOTHING to try.

My point is that if you don't try, that's your choice. Don't make fun at those who did. I've never been ripped off in my life and I don't plan on starting now. All bases covered.

D

Of course it's genuine.
Of course this "seller"with so many red flags is only asking $395 for a drone that no-one sells for less than $1000.
It makes perfect sense if you have more gullibility and greed than common sense.

Point 1: I guess the hole "nothing to lose" thing is beyond your comprehension. I could use smaller words, and perhaps some illustrations, but have neither the time nor the inclination.

Point 2: I like how you conflate the discount price to "so many red flags." "Conflating" is a common tactic used by those with a weak argument.

Point 3: You should look up the word "gullible." You're using it wrong. Someone who has taken multiple steps to insure zero loss does NOT qualify as "gullible." I suspect you're conflating again.

Point 4: Paypal is underwriting the risk 100%. I honestly don't know how to say it any clearer than that. Perhaps a nice graph?

It's one thing to assert that this company is a rip off. I get that. It's a whole other thing to assert those who purchase the item with ZERO RISK are somehow "gullible" and/or "greedy." Get it together, man. Self reflect.

D

Of course it's genuine.
Of course this "seller"with so many red flags is only asking $395 for a drone that no-one sells for less than $1000.
It makes perfect sense if you have more gullibility and greed than common sense.

The price just went up to $1595 for the same, exact P4P I purchased a couple days ago. Well whataya know????? This purchase got a LITTLE less "fake," and a little more like they may have accidentally listed the wrong price.

D

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

I think gullible and greedy fits. I would also add delusional.

I think you're relying too much on PayPal. It's not that easy. There is HUGE risk dealing with this stuff. All the seller has to do is provide proof of delivery and it's over. If they believe the guy, you're toast.

I had a dispute about a year ago where I signed up for a course but it was never delivered. Here's part of the response I received from PayPal:

Your claim will not qualify for a refund under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program for an Item Not Received claim, if:
  • You collect the item in person, or arrange for it to be collected on your behalf, including if you use PayPal in a seller’s physical store, or
  • The seller has provided proof of shipment or proof of delivery.
If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you claim you did not receive the goods.

Just imagine how easy it is to provide proof of shipment. No brainer.

By the way, the Nigerian Prince I'm working with wants to know if you're interested in getting in on our deal to get his money out of the country. We just need to get some "good faith" money from you to prove your sincerity. You will get probably north of $50,000 for your trouble. PM for details.

Last edited:
The price just went up to $1595 for the same, exact P4P I purchased a couple days ago. Well whataya know????? This purchase got a LITTLE less "fake," and a little more like they may have accidentally listed the wrong price.

D

View attachment 105385View attachment 105386
Ya, right. Repeat after me, Dorothy: "There's no Phantom 4. There's no Phantom 4. There's no Phantom 4. "

And I'm convinced you are SOOOOOO deep into this scam you will claim you got yours even though you won't. Of course, that will totally blow your claim as I doubt anyone is going to refund you anything after admitting it's all probably a scam.

Last edited:
I think gullible and greedy fits. I think you're relying too much on PayPal. It's not that easy. There is HUGE risk dealing with this stuff. All the seller has to do is provide proof of delivery and it's over. If they believe the guy, you're toast.

I had a dispute about a year ago where I signed up for a course but it was never delivered. Here's part of the response I received from PayPal:

Your claim will not qualify for a refund under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program for an Item Not Received claim, if:
  • You collect the item in person, or arrange for it to be collected on your behalf, including if you use PayPal in a seller’s physical store, or
  • The seller has provided proof of shipment or proof of delivery.
If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you claim you did not receive the goods.

Just imagine how easy it is to provide proof of shipment. No brainer.

By the way, the Nigerian Prince I'm working with wants to know if you're interested in getting in on our deal to get his money out of the country. We just need to get some "good faith" money from you to prove your sincerity. You will get probably north of $50,000 for your trouble. PM for details.

I'm almost tired of repeating myself, but for you, this one last time. Permit upper-case so it sticks this time. DOUBLE-LAYER PROTECT = PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARD.

I don't know about YOUR credit card, but mine covers ALL online fraud 100%, which includes misrepresentation of a product and quality issues, which Paypal may or may NOT cover.

10 years ago Paypal refused to cover a $3,000 charge for power amps I purchased because the seller sent a brass valve. AT THE TIME, Paypal's response, "We don't cover quality issues." **** them. Called my credit card. COVERED. FULL REFUND.

This is NOT my first rodeo.

I shan't repeat this again.

D

Reactions: rangioran
I never made fun of anyone! I only pointed out what I saw on the add!
I hope you get one and I missed the deal I just don't like to gamble!

Good luck...

I never made fun of anyone! I only pointed out what I saw on the add!
I hope you get one and I missed the deal I just don't like to gamble!

Good luck...

It's only a gamble if you stand to lose something, my friend. Paypal already said they would underwrite the purchase. I have it on record along with a case number.

D

Reactions: rangioran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20