TO GOOD TO BE TRUE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the vendor no longer accepts PayPal. He's moving on to Google Pay. Hmmmmm. I wonder what's up with that? Wha Happun? I thought he was "certified" by PayPal? Why would PayPal pull his account? I thought he's legit. Risk free, totally safe?

Reactions: Harleydude
Ya, right. Repeat after me, Dorothy: "There's no Phantom 4. There's no Phantom 4. There's no Phantom 4. "

And I'm convinced you are SOOOOOO deep into this scam you will claim you got yours even though you won't.

No worries. I will take video of the package, me opening it, then followed by a lot of gloating. HA!

D

I noticed the vendor no longer accepts PayPal. He's moving on to Google Pay. Hmmmmm. I wonder what's up with that? Wha Happun? I thought he was "certified" by PayPal? Why would PayPal pull his account? I thought he's legit. Risk free, totally safe?

Interesting. I'll call Paypal tomorrow. Thanx for the information.

Point 1: I guess the hole "nothing to lose" thing is beyond your comprehension. I could use smaller words, and perhaps some illustrations, but have neither the time nor the inclination.
Point 2: I like how you conflate the discount price to "so many red flags." "Conflating" is a common tactic used by those with a weak argument.
Point 3: You should look up the word "gullible." You're using it wrong. Someone who has taken multiple steps to insure zero loss does NOT qualify as "gullible." I suspect you're conflating again.
Point 4: Paypal is underwriting the risk 100%. I honestly don't know how to say it any clearer than that. Perhaps a nice graph?
It's one thing to assert that this company is a rip off. I get that. It's a whole other thing to assert those who purchase the item with ZERO RISK are somehow "gullible" and/or "greedy." Get it together, man. Self reflect.
Try reading this and see how many boxes your trusted seller is ticking:
Online shopping scams: Eight signs you’re on a fake site

I would think that anyone thinking a seller is giving P4 pros away for $395 is scoring a top gullibility rating.
It just doesn't happen.

Reactions: LarBear360
Try reading this and see how many boxes your trusted seller is ticking:
Online shopping scams: Eight signs you’re on a fake site

Okay...let's use your website as a metric. They cite the following:

1) Too-steep discounts - Yes
2) Poor website design and sloppy English - Nope. Domain checks out. No .ca or .us or .ru. Grammar is good. Looks like a WordPress site to me.
3) A suspect domain name - Nope. Nothing strange about winsel.com.
4) The site hasn't been around for very long - Yes, the site is new.
5) You can't pay with a credit or debit card - Paying with CC WAS an option.
6) Shady contact information - Email address is legitimate. Didn't bounce.
7) Unclear refund policy - Refund policy clearly defined via their "Refund policy" page. Refund criterion is typical.
8) Poor reviews - I can find no reviews

So of the 8 criterion cited, windsel.com flags only 2.5 (.5 for no reviews). Doing the math, that's roughly a 30% chance they are fake, with a 70% chance they are legitimate. With those odds combined with the fact that Paypal is willing to underwrite the purchase 100%, clearly this is worth "taking a chance." Any other conclusion is emotional and erroneous.

I would think that anyone thinking a seller is giving P4 pros away for $395 is scoring a top gullibility rating.
It just doesn't happen.

That's not the point. Everyone keeps harping on the same point; "This isn't real." AGAIN, my assertion is that there is a SMALL CHANCE that they may be legitimate. This, combined with ZERO RISK makes it "worth a shot." That is my ONLY assertion. Any other conclusion simply means you're not doing the math.

D

It's only a gamble if you stand to lose something, my friend. Paypal already said they would underwrite the purchase. I have it on record along with a case number.

D
Okay...let's use your website as a metric. They cite the following:

1) Too-steep discounts - Yes
2) Poor website design and sloppy English - Nope. Domain checks out. No .ca or .us or .ru. Grammar is good. Looks like a WordPress site to me.
3) A suspect domain name - Nope. Nothing strange about winsel.com.
4) The site hasn't been around for very long - Yes, the site is new.
5) You can't pay with a credit or debit card - Paying with CC WAS an option.
6) Shady contact information - Email address is legitimate. Didn't bounce.
7) Unclear refund policy - Refund policy clearly defined via their "Refund policy" page. Refund criterion is typical.
8) Poor reviews - I can find no reviews

So of the 8 criterion cited, windsel.com flags only 2.5 (.5 for no reviews). Doing the math, that's roughly a 30% chance they are fake, with a 70% chance they are legitimate. With those odds combined with the fact that Paypal is willing to underwrite the purchase 100%, clearly this is worth "taking a chance." Any other conclusion is emotional and erroneous.

That's not the point. Everyone keeps harping on the same point; "This isn't real." AGAIN, my assertion is that there is a SMALL CHANCE that they may be legitimate. This, combined with ZERO RISK makes it "worth a shot." That is my ONLY assertion. Any other conclusion simply means you're not doing the math.

D
This only re-confirms that in addition to greedy and gullible, you ARE delusional!

This only re-confirms that in addition to greedy and gullible, you ARE delusional!

More emotional comments. You REALLY hate math, don't you? I guess the whole "70%" thing is beyond your comprehension.

In lieu of anything even remotely representing a good argument, utilize ad hominem arguments.

Go fly a kite. That's what you are. HA!

D

Tracking number yet?

Not yet. I have been in contact with Paypal and according to them, windsel.com has not completed their Paypal credential process. So, as of this writing, windsel.com has NOT received ANY funding from ANYBODY. Paypal offered to cancel the transaction, which I rejected. I told them to simply make a note on the account that I suspect fraud. So...as of this writing, the ball is still up in the air as to whether or not I will receive my $400 P4P. As I noted earlier, doing the math and saving all emotional rhetoric, I gave windsel.com a 10% chance of being legitimate. That number still stands.

I'll remind you that my argument here is NOT whether or not windsel.com is fraudulent. My argument is twofold:

1) That there is a 10% chance they are NOT fraudulent (which is absolutely true).
2) That Paypal is underwriting the transaction and ergo, assuming all the risk (which is also absolutely true).

Don't forget those points in your next comment.

D

As I noted earlier, doing the math and saving all emotional rhetoric, I gave windsel.com a 10% chance of being legitimate.
You were more than generous assigning that probability. Some might say gullible.
I'll remind you that my argument here is NOT whether or not windsel.com is fraudulent.
That only applies if you are hoping to somehow get a P4 pro for a fraction of its price.
Everyone else has known since seeing their come-in-sucker ad.
its-a-trap-o-2455731.jpg

1) That there is a 10% chance they are NOT fraudulent (which is absolutely true).
Keep telling yourself that.

Last edited:
Despite the earnest warning of, "Don't forget those points in your next comment," one of God's gifted has decided to chime in anyway with....

You were more than generous assigning that probability. Some might say gullible.

Some would be wrong. Your emotional argument doesn't stand up to the math. You should really learn to argue math WITH math. Simply dismissing the math does NOT an argument make.

Even scamadvisor.com gave windsel.com 53%.

I just checked if windsel.com is trustworthy on scamadviser.com.

I suppose you're going to dismiss their math, too, yes???

That only applies if you are hoping to somehow get a P4 pro for a fraction of its price.

Nope. Regardless of whether or not a P4P actually shows up, the math is still valid. This is where you keep missing the boat.

Everyone else has known since seeing their come-in-sucker ad.

"Sucker" implies that there is a chance I will lose my $400. As I have purported many times (ad nauseum) Paypal is underwriting the transaction. Perhaps a little help from Merriam-Webster?

suck·er
/ˈsəkər/
  1. INFORMAL
    a gullible or easily deceived person
In order to be "deceived," I would have to lose something. That's how deception works.

Keep telling yourself that.

Yeah...I don't do the "hope for the best" thing. I do the math thing. Regardless of whether or not the P4P shows up, there was always, and will always be, a 10% chance the ad is legitimate. Please don't make me repeat this a third time. I grow weary of explaining basic math to grown men.

D

Last edited:
Regardless of whether or not the P4P shows up, there was always, and will always be, a 10% chance the ad is legitimate.
Amazing that you still cling to this rationalisation when it's beyond clear that there never was any chance of getting a $400 P4 pro from this scammer.
A scam is a scam, and this was an obvious one.

Amazing that you still cling to this rationalisation when it's beyond clear that there never was any chance of getting a $400 P4 pro from this scammer.
A scam is a scam, and this was an obvious one.

Hey...not everyone embraces math and statistics. I get it. That's the world we live in these days.

Good day.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel