How many others got a P3 Lemon?

Reaction score
The P3P I received has many problems with the camera and gimbal.
Haven't gotten the first flight out it. It arrived DOA.

This isn't the first time I got a lemon from DJI and it really sucks.

After speaking to DJI they agree there are issues with it. So now unless my dealer (RC Superstore) is willing to help it will be at least six to eight weeks before I will fly a P3.

The firmware updated fine. Control to the Phantom is fine. The problem is that the camera and gimbal are totally dead. Upon power up the camera wobbles around and for a very brief period centers and then drops dead. The gimbal control wheel has no effect. Plus no video at all from it. How could something like that possibly get past inspection? Apparently others are having the same problem with their camera and gimbal because DJI seemed to be aware right away of the issue.

I guess I deserve what I got because I broke a golden rule; "Never buy an A model of anything".

I'm curious if others are having problems. If so, then maybe a class action lawsuit might be practical.
At least we could send a message to DJI that shipping defective products has consequences.

Two out three Phantoms I have bought have been lemons and is hard to swallow.

For now I will go fly my P2V+ and pretend it is my P3.

Update:

RC Superstore has come through like champs. They are sending me a replacement P3P today.
They still have a few in stock if anyone is interested. Their website is: RCSuperStore.com
Hopefully whoever DJI ends up selling the defective one to will have better luck.

Last edited:
The amount of variables that go into mass producing these drones is pretty remarkable - there's no way 100% could be perfect. And believe me, if you're someone who got a busted one? You're on these boards telling everyone. So far? You're the only one I've seen. Kinda tough to make a class action lawsuit with numbers like that.

Yep and if you had a 66% DOA failure rate on a product I bet you would be upset too.
where is this 66% DOA on phantom 3 speculation coming from?
are you saying phantom 3s have a 66% DOA
is that what you are saying?
did you bin the root?

where is this 66% DOA on phantom 3 speculation coming from?
are you saying phantom 3s have a 66% DOA
is that what you are saying?
did you bin the root?

The fact that I had two out three Phantoms that were DOA.

I guess I deserve what I got because I broke a golden rule; "Never buy an A model of anything".
That is so true. You and all P3 early buyers are just guinea pigs. They will work out the kinks eventually with your failed birds, tests and angry comments. But it will be hell for you. an expensive and frustrating hell.

I'll consider a P3 when the version 3.0 comes out. As I did on my P2V+ v3.0.

Never heard of this problem or any other for that matter. S happens... Transport who knows...if yout bought t from a reputable company you should be fine.

Stuff like this is why I always buy from a distributer in my country rather than from DJI direct. For my first Phantom (P2V Dec 2013), I had to send the camera back twice before I got one that was in focus. All e RC was the dealer on that one and they were great. My fingers are crossed for my "coming any day now" P3P.

I've had problems with my new motorcycle, new BMW, my new bread machine, a new LG washing machine, and even my new coffee machine, and it doesn't even make good coffee.
All were likely part of a typical percentage of problems every manufacturer has.
Didn't like any of those problems, and I was even frustrated with a few of them because of how they handled it. But all were rectified and I moved on.

I've never seen this level of winning from so many people in my life.
I'm sure a bunch are either trolls, competition, or general haters.

There's even a group that has their feelings hurt because DJI is restricting how they use it. "I do what I want, where I want and how I want, and no one tells me what to do"...

I rant from time to time for sure, but this is just insane.
I wish the moderators would create a section for cry babies and winners.
It would sure clean up the regular post sections.

Yeah because the v3 didn't have bad ESCs, flimsy wires that broke, wifi modules that fried, and GPS so shitty it needed a foil mod to work. Good point there.
Exactly! If it has problems on v3.0, imagine on the v1.
By the way: The bad ESC are again fixed on the latest v3. The foil mod and fried wifi is pre-v3. More guinea pigs contributed to that. So yes they screwed up till the v3.
There is so much pressure to launch products that the testing phases are always done by the first customers.

I know.. saying this things about the P3 on a P3 forum I have to be a troll...right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.