Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 for 3.08 SOLVED -really!

samd012 said:
Just so people are aware DJI support is sticking to the response that the PV2+ controller is not supported, just the new one. I am swapping emails with them now about it since when you are in the software it shows a pic of the controller and even lists the part number (PVT581) in v3.4 as being supported.
I also asked if it is possible to downgrade the zen imu back for people who got screwed, I will let eveyone know when i hear back.

I asked them the same question yesterday. There response:

"It is not possible to downgrade the firmware for the gimbal. Sorry".

Yeah, thanks DJI... now its either shell out $100 or mod my controller.

samd012 said:
Just so people are aware DJI support is sticking to the response that the PV2+ controller is not supported, just the new one. I am swapping emails with them now about it since when you are in the software it shows a pic of the controller and even lists the part number (PVT581) in v3.4 as being supported.
I also asked if it is possible to downgrade the zen imu back for people who got screwed, I will let eveyone know when i hear back.

I'm in the exact same boat. I hope this pans out.

LeoS said:
samd012 said:

I'm in the exact same boat. I hope this pans out.

Same here. :(

I'm a little wary on this since they say the updates don't support the old controller. I'm a bit afraid to install, especially since you can't downgrade from the new ZEN version.

CapnBob said:
I'm a little wary on this since they say the updates don't support the old controller. I'm a bit afraid to install, especially since you can't downgrade from the new ZEN version.

So far word has it that the only change is you do not have to go back to v3.2 to upgrade the batteries it works now in v3.6 unlike v3.4. I have not updated to v3.6 though so that is word of mouth only not my own experience. I am on 1.0.0.4 on the zen with 3.4 and everything works perfect so I will be holding off until the dust settles right now.

Well I was dumb and did the 3.6.

Now the tilt lever doesn't work at all in the "Basic Version" setting.
At least with 3.4, it worked in the position mode. Crap.

Bugger. Me too. Did the upgrade to 3.6 and now realise I can no longer tilt the camera as I don't have a tilt lever. Would have been nice if it had warned me during installation. Can I downgrade to 3.4?

call them and ask how much for a 5K Ohm spring pot... I ordered a non-spring pot already, but I'd rather have a spring. They may only manufacturer in quantity. Please let us know

NOT SOLVED!

I don't get it. WTF are they thinking?

If I flash the the ZenIMU to 1.0.0.6, immediately after power cycle I can use the Basic version of the control lever and I have the calibration on X1 available. Works perfectly. Until I power cycle or connect the mobile app, then it stops controlling the gimbal again. When I look back, after I lose the lever actuation, in Assistant X1 calibration is missing and Basic Version doesn't work at all any more. If I flash the ZenIMU again, it works again, rinse and repeat.

The Upgrade Version of the control is bunk for the lever, does me absolutely no good. I'm sorely disappointed by this phenomenal phantom fail.

I want to say Thank You to all of the brave pioneers who went through a lot of work and noticed issues that I could learn from.

I read every post that I could and noted the DJI software upgrades through Phantom Assistant 3.4, 3.4 (re-released) and 3.6 (the version I'm using).

Can't believe how many bugs DJI managed to let through on this release (e.g. not able to update battery firmware, allegedly bricking genuine DJI batteries with firmware older than v2.0.0, missing out on the X1 calibration feature etc)!

Did the upgrade procedure tonight and reporting on my experience.

I just ran the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6 (Mac version).

I performed the following software upgrades
- Upgraded the Main Controller (flight controller) firmware to 3.08
- Central Board (P330CB) firmware upgraded to 1.0.2.7 (this was forced)
- Batteries (all five DJI batteries) upgraded to 2.6.0.0

I read to NOT upgrade the Zen IMU to 1.0.0.6 as I wanted the tilt function to reflect Absolute Position rather than Rate.

The following tasks were also done
- Installed the DJI Phantom Slide Lever (Spare part No. 24) on my controller.
- Calibrated the X1 to the limit of the installed lever.

Result
Everything is working as expected so far. In the app I can adjust the Tilt with the lever as Absolute Position.

Observation
- A noticeable 'dead zone' on the counter-clockwise extreme of the X pot. This was even after X1 calibration. So I took apart the controller again and set the X1 pot in the controller to the mid way position before re-engaging the lever shaft. Re-calibrated and this eliminated the 'dead zone' slop. it's perfect, but I'll monitor the positional accuracy as this is an analog pot and it may noticeably wear over time (requiring re calibration).

- Adjusting the camera tilt within the app itself causes the tilt to move slightly and stop. Releasing the tilt function in the app causes the camera to move back to the position of the Tilt Lever. I don't know why the software commend through the App isn't just ignored. But right now this is not important.

I also noted that down grading the Main Controller firmware to 1.08 also seems fine. This is my preferred firmware, but the camera tilt control is only found in 3.08.

Sorry this is a bit long but I think we all need to contact DJI, if we all speak up it will cause more pressure on them to fix things.
My interaction with DJI has now gotten weird. When I started interaction with them through email it was from the main DJI website and I "thought" I was dealing with corporate when they told me the PV2+ controller was not supported, it seems I was not. The last email I sent is below (before the 3.06 release that has killed everything). Their response to the below email is below also:

OK so I am going to take the time to inform you of everything that is going on out in the world of PV2+ flyers and what has transpired over the past few days. We are looking for accurate information as to what is going on. I do not want to come across as rude but I would rather have no information than bad information and I am hoping you can help with this.
DJI released v3.4 of the software a few days ago. Prior to that DJI reps had been telling people that the 7th channel was coming back for the PV2+ in the next firmware release, no information was given that there was a new transmitter coming out.
So DJI released the new transmitter and also released the new firmware and software. Many customers of DJI had purchased the lever for the back of the original PV2+ controller in anticipation of the release. The day it was released many people experienced issues after updating the software because the tilt functionality of the camera was not working properly, they were getting only about 25% movement. Basically the X1 channel calibration was not showing up in the software. The next day DJI made an adjustment to the software to fix this issue but a new version was not released. So once everyone figured that out and updated the software again the X1 calibration was there and the 7th channel was working with the lever. What has happened now is that people who have also updated the zen imu to 1.0.0.6 are having issues with the lever because once you move to 1.0.0.6 the tilt motion is geared for the dial on the new transmitters which returns to center to stop the tilting, but for people who stayed on 1.0.0.5 on the zen the lever works as it should and moves the tilt with the lever. The issue is the people on the new zen version can not control the tilt properly because it moves to the end of its motion if the lever on the back is not centered exactly.
So I opened a ticket trying to get information on what was going on and you informed me that my controller is not supported, which is inaccurate. When in the assistant software there are 2 choices of transmitter type for the tilt. One for the new transmitter and one for the original PV2+ controller, it even has images which show both. It also lists the supported controllers and the part number for the original controller which is PVT-581 (that is the controller I have also, see photo) So basically the software says it is supported and although it “works” it is very very difficult to use because of the way it was changed with the 1.0.0.6 zen. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that DJI’s intention was to have the tilt work one way with the new dial on the new controllers and work a different way for the people who have the lever on the back. The way it works now is perfect for the dial, but for the everyone else it is almost unusable. So we are trying to get clarification on what is happening. Your response of the PV2+ controller not being supported contradicts what v3.4 of the software says.
So basically people want to know if DJI is aware of the issue and going to fix it or is there a way to downgrade Zen IMU from 1.0.0.6 to 1.0.0.5 so they can use the lever as intended.
I appreciate your time and attention

Their response after first telling me the controller was not supported:
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately you will need to contact our headquarters at [email protected] for any developmental questions. We are simply the North American Repair facility and only offer basic support. THank you for your understanding.

I think everyone should send them an email!!!!

DrJoe said:
Download and install DJI Assitant 3.4 (10/29/14 version - Tuesday's version has been updated). Download and upgrade the firmware to version 3.08. Power cycle the Phantom. Do NOT upgrade the zenmuse gimbal to the latest firmware 1.0.0.6... it will make tilt lever "relative"
I hadn't flown my bird in about two weeks, nor had I checked into the forums. The nice thing about that is that, by the time I checked in, most of the bugs had been worked out of Update Mania®. My bird and batteries have updated successfully, and X1 has been calibrated; everything seems to work, although I have not flown it yet.

My remaining question is about the above notation. Now that I have enabled channel 7 and calibrated X1, should I upgrade to Zen IMU v1.0.0.6, or should I never upgrade to that version?

Edit: I lied. I hadn't tested it with the Vision App. That kills channel 7 as soon as I connect to the app, and it stays that way until I power cycle, even if I turn off the app. Guess I'm screwed like everyone else.

Werz, i too am away from home, so haven't upgraded yet, but from my understanding, if you want to use the 7th channel in 'absolute way' (the position of the gimbal reflects exactly the position of the level) as oposed to 'relative way' (the middle position of the 7th channel stops the motion and the further away from the center position the faster the gimbal turns) you shouldn't upgrade the zen IMU.

One question: Does upgrading the assistant software to 3.6 also unables the 7th channel to be used in absolute way, like upgrading the zenmuse? Or can i upgrade to 3.6 without upgrading the zenmuse and still use the tilt level as absolute?

thanks

Werz said:
DrJoe said:
Download and install DJI Assitant 3.4 (10/29/14 version - Tuesday's version has been updated). Download and upgrade the firmware to version 3.08. Power cycle the Phantom. Do NOT upgrade the zenmuse gimbal to the latest firmware 1.0.0.6... it will make tilt lever "relative"
I hadn't flown my bird in about two weeks, nor had I checked into the forums. The nice thing about that is that, by the time I checked in, most of the bugs had been worked out of Update Mania®. My bird and batteries have updated successfully, and X1 has been calibrated; everything seems to work, although I have not flown it yet.

My remaining question is about the above notation. Now that I have enabled channel 7 and calibrated X1, should I upgrade to Zen IMU v1.0.0.6, or should I never upgrade to that version?
:D It sounds like the Zen update is for the new transmitter.
This confusion is par for the course with DJI updates. Every time, they release new firmware they have to fix with more updates and fixes. I prefer to wait and let those pioneers sort it out first. I'm glad they do, as it saves me frustration and downtime. Hey, if it isn't broken, why rush to fix? :lol:

Hay opassac,
Yes you can upgrade the assistant to 3.6 and use channel 7 in an absoluut mode, without upgrading Zen IMU to v1006. Just don't click on the v1006 upgrade on de upgrade page of the Assistant; only when upgrading Zen IMU to v1006 causes channel 7 to get in an relative mode.
Kind regards FA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl