Thread/Forum Search function?

Reaction score
Is it my imagination, or is there NO apparent way to search this forum? I belong to about a dozen different forums, and ALL except this one has a nice little "Search this forum" box in the upper right-hand corner. Seems odd since searching sure does help not having to ask the same question over and over, OR having to manually scroll through 100's of threads.

Reactions: reboot81
You mean the magnifying glass in the right corner..?

Reactions: Kleenax
Seeeee? I TOLD you it was my imagination!

Actually, it didn't even look like a magnifying glass to me. I use magnifying glasses to burn up ants when I was a kid.

Thank you for the help.

Reactions: Julius717
Yep, click the icon, then you can click the "wheel" or settings icon that pops up for more advanced search. With the newest update to our site, the search function got alot cleaner :)

Reactions: Kleenax
Yep;

I'm not used to clean I guess.

One thing that I have noticed is that this site is very quick! NICE! And, I really do feel like a dork for not seeing that little magnifying glass.

Yep;

I'm not used to clean I guess.

One thing that I have noticed is that this site is very quick! NICE!
Thanks. You want to know what's quicker? The app for the site for mobile use we just launched.

I didn't see anything about the app whilst browsing the forum on my iPad, but as mentioned on your General forum post, I searched for Phantompilots in the App Store and am now happily using the app.

It's a great addition and will definitely be using this from now on!

Thanks!

PS the best feature is the ability to view threads on a single page without having to go to the next page all the time - the further I scroll down the more is loaded! This alone is reason enough to exclusively use the app!

Reactions: Jacob
FYI, you can only see the magnifying glass at the top, right of this site after you scroll down the page a bit.

I didn't see anything about the app whilst browsing the forum on my iPad, but as mentioned on your General forum post, I searched for Phantompilots in the App Store and am now happily using the app.

It's a great addition and will definitely be using this from now on!

Thanks!

PS the best feature is the ability to view threads on a single page without having to go to the next page all the time - the further I scroll down the more is loaded! This alone is reason enough to exclusively use the app!
Please be sure to rate the app in the app store. It helps out the forum a ton!

This forum is great in many ways, but there's dozens of threads on the same issue. Sure there is a search function available, but it really ought to be more present than it is right now.

Take ebay/amazon as example. On every single page there's that always present and ready search box.
Not hidden until you scroll down.

And new users should have a big red blinking search box the first time.

Oh, and the "create-thread" page should have a mandatory checkbox "Yes, I've searched the forum".

And my last demand is that staff shall get their days extended to 30 hours!

I find the search not very good to be honest - or maybe there is just too much info on here!
I STILL prefer the old forum!
And why?
On my tablet this forum is great but using a laptop it is a nightmare - mainly because laptops have gone 14:9 - only good if you are watching videos!!!
Then again the old forum was much more usable on my 14:9 screen - as it stands now I can only see about 3 or 4 posts without scrolling.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31