Phantom 3 Advanced Live Feed Issue

Reaction score
I bought my first drone used off ebay mainly to see if I was going to use it and enjoy it without putting out the cash for a brand-new unit. Bought a P3A, looked clean, seller 100%, answered all question, just said it had been sitting around and not flying it for a long time, but worked flawless. Won the auction, figured everything out, but no live view, seller assured me it worked fine. Purchased a Nexus Tablet, same result, So I tried it on Ipad, IPhone, Droid Play, and Nexus, all are the exsact same, all reception bars are good, camera works, everything but Live View.

Drone works perfect, it shows max signals on video signal, takes picks and video, just cant see in real time. Read about an issues with Phantom 3's and this issue seems to be common, I have tried a lot of different things to correct that I found on forums, but nothing ever changed. Kept reading over and over that there is an issue with the gimbals and them setting around not being flown can cause live view to stop working.

Broke down and bought a new in box P3A Gimbal and camera thinking it would fix issue. Still exactly the same, updated to 1.11 firmware, remote is 1.9, I relinked, different cords, devices, SD cards, wiped and reloaded App, nothing works to fix the live view issue.

Can someone give me some guidance on what they would do, could it be one of the two cables that connect the drone to the gimbal? Any insight or direction would be great.

Thank you for any responses.

I bought my first drone used off ebay mainly to see if I was going to use it and enjoy it without putting out the cash for a brand-new unit. Bought a P3A, looked clean, seller 100%, answered all question, just said it had been sitting around and not flying it for a long time, but worked flawless. Won the auction, figured everything out, but no live view, seller assured me it worked fine. Purchased a Nexus Tablet, same result, So I tried it on Ipad, IPhone, Droid Play, and Nexus, all are the exsact same, all reception bars are good, camera works, everything but Live View.

Drone works perfect, it shows max signals on video signal, takes picks and video, just cant see in real time. Read about an issues with Phantom 3's and this issue seems to be common, I have tried a lot of different things to correct that I found on forums, but nothing ever changed. Kept reading over and over that there is an issue with the gimbals and them setting around not being flown can cause live view to stop working.

Broke down and bought a new in box P3A Gimbal and camera thinking it would fix issue. Still exactly the same, updated to 1.11 firmware, remote is 1.9, I relinked, different cords, devices, SD cards, wiped and reloaded App, nothing works to fix the live view issue.

Can someone give me some guidance on what they would do, could it be one of the two cables that connect the drone to the gimbal? Any insight or direction would be great.

Thank you for any responses.
I'm having same issue after I got P3A off ebay. Flew few times then did update it called for. Now nothing for live feed and can't connect to app. Talked to Dji certified technicIan and he probably usb circuit board is bad after the update. He said board usually has 3.2v but update does 5v and messes board up.

Reactions: JustinL
So instead of being an issue with drone or gimbal it may be USB board in the remote? Makes sense, drone is sending good signal, but USB port to tablet may have issues is what the DJI tech is saying?

Looks like the USB circuit board for the remote is cheap, like $20 bucks, definitely worth a shot.

Are you sending yours in or doing the repair yourself to see if it fixes it. Wish I knew someone locally with one so I could try a different remote.

Thanks for the input.

So instead of being an issue with drone or gimbal it may be USB board in the remote? Makes sense, drone is sending good signal, but USB port to tablet may have issues is what the DJI tech is saying?

Looks like the USB circuit board for the remote is cheap, like $20 bucks, definitely worth a shot.

Are you sending yours in or doing the repair yourself to see if it fixes it. Wish I knew someone locally with one so I could try a different remote.

Thanks for the input.
I talked to couple different tech about it and they said they were familiar with the issue afterthe last update and that was from 2017. Ridiculous they haven't fixed issue yet. Just costs people like us even more money.

I'm having same issue after I got P3A off ebay. Flew few times then did update it called for. Now nothing for live feed and can't connect to app. Talked to Dji certified technicIan and he probably usb circuit board is bad after the update. He said board usually has 3.2v but update does 5v and messes board up.
This update business is a pain! My son has lent me his P3A which he hasn't used for a year. Charged everything up and flew it no problem The did a requested update and the thing failed, nothing would work. It took my son, an ex computer programmer and current pilot about four house to reverse the update and get it working again! Now I just ignore updates, if t works, leave it alone!!i

This update business is a pain! My son has lent me his P3A which he hasn't used for a year. Charged everything up and flew it no problem The did a requested update and the thing failed, nothing would work. It took my son, an ex computer programmer and current pilot about four house to reverse the update and get it working again! Now I just ignore updates, if t works, leave it alone!!i
I just got first Phantom 3 advanced couple weeks ago. I didn't know I shouldn't update it now had to order usb circuit board off ebay to hopefully fix my no live feed issue and can't connect to the app.

I know there is quite the difference of opinion on FW updates, I wasn't around back in the day where this was a big issue. My P3P was purchased refurbished directly from DJI'S online store and also reported to me that it needed a FW update, which I did, before reading/knowing any of the issues on this subject. It updated successfully with no issues whatsoever and I have no issues with anything. So I can definitively argue that it's possible and safe to do. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know for sure. All I can recommend is that if you do decide to update your FW, particularly with a P3A or P3P, have a small fan blowing on the gimbal to keep it cool ANYTIME you have the AC powered on with no props running. This will go a long way to prevent issues.

So I am having a similar issue with my P3A. I flew it last week for the first time in over a year. Before taking it out to fly, I did the required FW update and now I seem to have a really bad live video feed issue when flying. Either the video lags by 2 to 3 seconds or just blacks out totally. I am not sure if this is related to the remote USB board but just wondering if anyone else having this. I may just replace the board to see if it fixes it.

Also wondering if anyone here uses Litchi. I thought I read that DJI was making it tougher (through FW updates) for third party apps to be used to fly.

Thanks for the input.
I ordered the usb circuit board off ebay. Not hard change out. I'm going to try to do myself. Too expensive for someone else to do it. It should be here this weekend hopefully so I'llpost the results if it works.

I ordered the usb circuit board off ebay. Not hard change out. I'm going to try to do myself. Too expensive for someone else to do it. It should be here this weekend hopefully so I'llpost the results if it works.
I ordered one after reading your first post. So hopefully I will get it shortly and I'll post my results also. Hopefully it does work, be a cheap fix if it does!

I ordered one after reading your first post. So hopefully I will get it shortly and I'll post my results also. Hopefully it does work, be a cheap fix if it does!
Hope it works for you, didn't work for me. I guess I'll have to send it off or buy another on ebay. Very aggravating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers