This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Thats great distance right there...modded ac battery?....also do you think you can get those same numbers with the dbs panel for 2.4 & the 5.8 cannon

Thats great distance right there...modded ac battery?....also do you think you can get those same numbers with the dbs panel for 2.4 & the 5.8 cannon
I got those exact #'s earlier in this post using the DBS boosted (the one w/5.8&2.4) so I dont see why it wouldnt work in a good uninterupted path. I figured if anything that v-2 half heli would crosstalk w/ the cannon cause one side of that 2.4 is RHCP just like the cannon? I'm still running both stock wi-fi antennas birdside and (1) stock (1) mushroom birdside.

Yes battery mod was the horizon 5.2 split which didnt start the counting down from 25:00 on the app until 9:44 into the flight, I was already out 20000 ft
Plug n play battery mod

Wow these distances are crazy. Do any of you get nervous you may lose it if it's too far out. I know RTH is pretty much fail safe but wow some of those distances

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow these distances are crazy. Do any of you get nervous you may lose it if it's too far out. I know RTH is pretty much fail safe but wow some of those distances

Its always there in yer head! 6+ miles out, RTH is only gonna bring you back so far goin 22 mph if you lose signal!

Yes, the Standard is back, but I just took this same setup that worked flawless(perfect signal) last nite, tried to fly the opposite direction but towards those towers that only let me get 12-19000' w/ other antennas, this time signal issues and then dropped completely at 8000!
That's the same set up the went 40,000 feet lastnite
Just goes to show you with these,
LOCATION,LOCATION,
LOCATION!
It's not even a line of sight thing, because I was up on the hill where I can see the whole city around me that time and was still getting strong interference signals in the app

I was out to push my P34K to the furthest before I did my DBS mod. 5097ft. I turned the acft to get a different view of the dam I flew out too, and lost link. It RTH and I never got video back until I did a reset.
I still say lost link from my days flying the MQ-1B Predator... Some good distance on those buggers...
0eca8d6b5f669add6e5bdcf33fc4e5c7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
My favorite threads are those concerning distance testing. DB has finally given me the courage to try my totally stock unit ! Sending it out over the salt marshes, ( our equivalent of a Midwestern cornfield ) , northern flight path with little cross winds. 1700 + meters before the RTH kicked. I couldn't be more pleased. Next time though, I'll remember to

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 325
My favorite threads are those concerning distance testing. DB has finally given me the courage to try my totally stock unit ! Sending it out over the salt marshes, ( our equivalent of a Midwestern cornfield ) , northern flight path with little cross winds. 1700 + meters before the RTH kicked. I couldn't be more pleased. Next time though, I'll remember to
That's good stuff PW! Awesome pic[emoji41]

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461336001.420197.jpg

Did my new personal best distance with the standard this morning, had great signal on the way out, but I was flying over that path that has the bridge construction and I could see them raising and lowering the crane every other minute and every time they raise the crane I would get some wicked interference. So my signal on the flight back was a little rocky. I had 13,000 feet left to go with 13% battery so I decided to take it down on one of my safe emergency landing areas, unfortunately heading to that area I had dip below some trees,Lost signal's, and it landed in the field. Got a little dirty but it'll fly tomorrow.(The last thousand feet of that flight path goes over the interstate so I just didn't want to risk it, I probably could've made it home though)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461336243.186494.jpg

Man guys, that 5.2 MultiStar is a beast on the standard! Look how far it already gone before it even started countdown from 25 minutes yet!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461336608.180514.jpg

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx
What's the 5.2 multi star your referring to? That's a standard setup? **** that's far

Battery mod

Man guys, that 5.2 MultiStar is a beast on the standard! Look how far it already gone before it even started countdown from 25 minutes yet!View attachment 51426
That is crazy!...well when it's time for me to add minutes I know what I'm gettin

30,000ft!!! Great job on the 44,000, this was with the 15 turn right??
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461340770.002166.jpg

Remote of choice today!
Flying in the exact same spot where I could not get connection at all two days ago(where I was getting rapid yellow lights, no signal error)

Realizing that I have to work on my media uploading skills. Click on the attached picture, it looks like crap. Click on the image text, at least you can read the telemetry numbers. Sorry guys.

Realizing that I have to work on my media uploading skills. Click on the attached picture, it looks like crap. Click on the image text, at least you can read the telemetry numbers. Sorry guys.
PW, when I said nice pic, it wasn't sarcasm, when I clicked on there it showed a really cool sunset pic over the salt flats I assume.

Sorry DB. I had attached a pic of the flight log of my distance run. Don't know how the other pic got in there... ( <- 59 and more confused than ever. )

Sorry DB. I had attached a pic of the flight log of my distance run. Don't know how the other pic got in there... ( <- 59 and more confused than ever. )
But thanks for compliment. I do have some ( I think ) nice shots . Just gotta figure out the posting process. So much more learn from you guys. Keep the knowledge coming ! I for one am grateful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94