Third-party propellers-Master Airscrew

Reaction score
If you have been involved in RC for any length of time you surely have heard of or used Master Airscrew propellers. They have had a great reputation, but recent events have called that into question. They recently released their Stealth props for the Phantom 4 series, so I was excited and bought a set for my P4P (v1). Turns out their tolerances were so bad that they absolutely would NOT clip on to my stock P4P. I document the failure here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. BTW the problem turned out to not be the rim of the hub as I suspected but I now think it is a lack of internal clearance inside the hub. Nevertheless, it won't fit and their customer service has been unresponsive. So, my advise DON'T BUY MASTER AIRSCREW PROPS for your Phantom 4.

There seems to be a sudden quality control issue at Master Airscrew.

Yes something has happened , the worst part is they have not returned any phone calls or responded to any emails.
This company used to offer world class support and offer a pristine product but I can understand having a bad run.

but not responding to customers , not taking phone calls is a different problem that is nothing but bad.

My order was for the Air 2 Props and they have yet to ship.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom 4 in the Rain.

Reactions: Mavikhan
I have experienced the same, 3 of my props fit perfertly, but the forth, will go on, but you have to lever it of, which I wont be doing as it could damage the motor ......

I ordered 2 sets of Endure foldable props for my P4P which you had to swtch out the mounts for each motor. Went on fine - did a few tests where I just engaged the engins, but didn't take off (all okay). Then tried engaging engines and slowly add power to take off. P4P shook violently and had to abort takeoff (tried 3x and same outcome each time). Finally gave up and requested return label (which I got a week or two after requesting). Waiting on confirmation of refund still.

• Sad
Reactions: Difficult-Airlines
Glad I'm on this site. I ordered a set of MAS props for my P4P V2 as a backup. Same problem as Dodger. Props will not clip on.
I will follow up on here with my experience calling/writing MAS and their customer service response.

Reactions: Jim Canada
If you have been involved in RC for any length of time you surely have heard of or used Master Airscrew propellers. They have had a great reputation, but recent events have called that into question. They recently released their Stealth props for the Phantom 4 series, so I was excited and bought a set for my P4P (v1). Turns out their tolerances were so bad that they absolutely would NOT clip on to my stock P4P. I document the failure here:
. BTW the problem turned out to not be the rim of the hub as I suspected but I now think it is a lack of internal clearance inside the hub. Nevertheless, it won't fit and their customer service has been unresponsive. So, my advise DON'T BUY MASTER AIRSCREW PROPS for your Phantom 4.

I had exactly the same problem with MAS stealth props for my P4A. I can't get them to lock on and I'm not going to force them. No response from MAS customer service yet.

I ordered 2 sets of Endure foldable props for my P4P which you had to swtch out the mounts for each motor. Went on fine - did a few tests where I just engaged the engins, but didn't take off (all okay). Then tried engaging engines and slowly add power to take off. P4P shook violently and had to abort takeoff (tried 3x and same outcome each time). Finally gave up and requested return label (which I got a week or two after requesting). Waiting on confirmation of refund still.

I received my order with Stealth and Endure propellers for Phantom 4 (standard) on Friday, and tested them this weekend. The Stealth propellers work fine, but I had a major issue with the Endure propellers (or more likely the motor adaptors): The front left motor produced a slightly oscillating sound, no matter which of the clockwise-turning propellers were attached to it. It "sputtered" in flight, and the drone suddenly fell to the ground from 2-3 meters height! I had done a hovering test and was about to climb up when the motor shut down. Luckily, there was no damage to the camera and gimbal (landed in the snow). I do not dare to use these propellers again, so I have asked MAS for a refund or replacement.

Hi, im so glad i found this thread.... So... I have a p4 standard... Always been a dan of mas so i order the endures.... Same issue as you.... I have a question tho... Atvtake off when the motors spool up my front lwft vibrated also .. I pushed thru it and it held a good hover and seemed stable at 10 ft ... I live in Colorado and it was kinda breeze maybe 10 oto 13mph.. No big deal for the p4.... All of a sudden it falls out of the sky.... Its on ots way back to dji for repairs now .. So my question.. What is the oscillating you mentioned and why would that shhut the p4's motor doen

Reactions: Jim Canada
Hi, im so glad i found this thread.... So... I have a p4 standard... Always been a dan of mas so i order the endures.... Same issue as you.... I have a question tho... Atvtake off when the motors spool up my front lwft vibrated also .. I pushed thru it and it held a good hover and seemed stable at 10 ft ... I live in Colorado and it was kinda breeze maybe 10 oto 13mph.. No big deal for the p4.... All of a sudden it falls out of the sky.... Its on ots way back to dji for repairs now .. So my question.. What is the oscillating you mentioned and why would that shhut the p4's motor doen

I believe it was also my front left motor that was causing my P4P to shake violently when I would manually begin to power up for takeoff. I had one successful takeoff and was able to hover. I then landed and tried again and it shook the drone so hard it flipped over while on the ground. I then decided to return the 2 sets if props that MAS sent me a return label for. I waited a month and no refund or response, so I disputed the charge with my credit card company and they credited my account for the charges.

It's kind of hard to explain, but the tone of the engine whine was varying, making a "zum-zum-zum" noise instead of the normal "mmmmm". I don't know why the engine should suddenly stop, I know too little of the engine control system to answer that.

Another enlightening video on the problem.

Another enlightening video on the problem.
I do not think that the popping up is the end all of the problem, as what I have noticed is the Length of the Props may be the issue and that they are not exactly the same , I noticed the first batch of the Air 2 was off but my second set were fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain / Snow

"This is Gomer with Master Airscrew, how can I help you?"

"I just bought a set of your Endure foldable props and my P4P drone started shaking violently. Are you aware of that issue?"

"Yes, that's our new feature that automatically shakes off any mud, dirt or even dust that your Phantom might have picked up in the field. We like to surprise our customers with perks they didn't expect and not charge extra. At Master, we put the 'screw' in Airscrew!"

I finally received a replacement set of props from Master Airscrew and they worked great. The quality of the props is MUCH better. Looks like they have worked out the bugs in manufacturing.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic