There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in town

Re: There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in tow

MadMitch88 said:
I'm not really impressed if this is the "Phantom 3" everyone is anticipating.

:lol: I'm sure DJI will raise your eyebrows on the 3.. :mrgreen:

In the business world it only makes sense to draw attention to the weak part of your product line. There will actually be some pilots that go buy this new Upgraded Phantom just to have the newest stuff available on their block.

I predict most of these upgrades will be found on the new vPlus once the wow factor drops off some on the new upgraded phantom.

There is no excuse why DJI doesn't now have a better foundation with in the industry that they can't build our quads with better and more reliable parts. Several people had to go through pure hell over the issues with no fpv and more importantly no tech support during that time.

I see this as being an update similar to the Phantom 1 to the phantom 1.1.1, etc... Maybe the Phantom 2.1 ?

Nice to have an upgrade path for our old P2V quads. Better ESC and motors, upgraded controller, etc... Time will tell if the new batteries, with the square pads, are the final answer to all of the irksome battery issues. :shock:

I'll be interested to see if there are any actual performance gains with the new compass setup...

-slinger

Agreed, nice point release for the P2/P2V+, especially if it means we get the tilt lever/wheel back for camera tilt on the Vision (i just can't get used to using the app, it's not a one-handed multitask-friendly setup). The new motors especially should give some much-needed breathing room for Phantoms that are at carrying capacity (most of them out there).

Serpent said:
Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Hey you stole my avatar! Or maybe I stole yours? :mrgreen: '

I like the rechargeable battery part on the TX. Don't know why this wasn't done to begin with, as everything else is rechargeable Also like the thingy-ma-bob on the side. Not so sure about the decent lock however. Oh! The battery level indicator is neat also. But how much is this likely to cost?

Mori55 said:
So just rep.ace the transmiter

Yeah, I'll probably just be replacing the whole system with something not DJI :evil:

DKDarkness said:
Mori55 said:
So just rep.ace the transmiter

Yeah, I'll probably just be replacing the whole system with something not DJI :evil:

Smart move.

If you plan on evolving and growing in your M-Rotor hobby then it is definitely worth buying a 3rd party system (Futaba, etc.) rather than buy another DJI transmitter. You'll get all the current 'upgrades' as well as program-ability with room for future growth and diversity.

DJIs offerings are for the entertainment demo and not for the hobbyist. Once the crossover begins to occur you need to upgrade your radio gear.

The 9450 props have been available for some time already.
The diameter is the same. Only the pitch is a little steeper.
They will fit your case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20