There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in town

Re: There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in tow

If your not a newby what do you need the transmitter update ? To me the lipo battery in the transmitter isn't reall a big deal.
How many of us do you think would sell are visions for this ? If we get channel 7 I don't see the point.

Dirty Bird said:
Did they mention the price?
No, DB... Didn't see anything yet.

Mori55 said:
If your not a newby what do you need the transmitter update ? To me the lipo battery in the transmitter isn't reall a big deal.
How many of us do you think would sell are visions for this ? If we get channel 7 I don't see the point.

Don't want the new transmitter, but I added the tilt lever about 2 months ago to the current P2V+ transmitter in a mod attempt. It functions, but not with the current firmware... I'm expecting the new firmware to allow this, as has been rumored.

Dirty Bird said:
Did they mention the price?

Prices remain the same for Phantoms.. Original Phantom motors dropped in price while the new motors took on the original motor prices..

Dirty Bird said:
Thank you. When are they expected to be available?

I'm not sure, but I found this:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28257
Postby dronesetc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

We are located in the "South East" of Salt Lake County if that counts... :)
Were were authorized to discount $50 off of our Vision Plus inventory for a few days only. (yes, it is because of the new slightly updated Phantom coming out and yes, we will offer the new remote control and props with the 'old' Vision Plus for free) Purchase a Vision Plus now at $50 off and as soon as the new controllers and props come in we will send them to you at no additional cost. Dronesetc

Makes it sound as if the release is imminent, no?

The battery led indicator of the new remote control looks more of a DIY mod than anything else.
At least an LCD indicator - and the throttle lock mechanism? That sure is not what I've come to expect from DJI. :cry:

I like all these little upgrades to keep things interesting...

The only MAJOR fail I see here that nobody is talking about is...

The placement of the tilt wheel on the left side of the controller!!

That is a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned...

The left stick is altitude and YAW... Yaw is the most sensitive control on the Phantom... When doing some filming you struggle to keep steady and smooth on the stick to keep your yaw stable and even throughout a pan shot... NOW say you want to yaw and tilt cam down... yeah... try and do that smoothly with your thumb and index finger on your left hand and keep everything smooth looking :roll: ...

They shoulda put that on the other side... where the controls are fwd/back left/right ... These movements aren't as sensitive and they are smoothed out by the 3 axis gimbal better than the yaw... I've been in this decision making process with my PS3 controller mod and it was the first decision I made... NOT to put camera tilt control on the left cuzz it just seemed the stupid thing to do.

Should just used the lever. That worked fine

Anyone know if they are also replacing the faulty electronics causing the GPS signal drop when camera record is on?

I am glad new Phantom has spec like this - I do not regret having mine P2V+
If they come with something flying 40 minutes, with only 3 sats locked and up to 2km (5 miles) away on factory default, that would hurt :)

DBS said:
I like all these little upgrades to keep things interesting...

The only MAJOR fail I see here that nobody is talking about is...

The placement of the tilt wheel on the left side of the controller!!

That is a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned...

The left stick is altitude and YAW... Yaw is the most sensitive control on the Phantom... When doing some filming you struggle to keep steady and smooth on the stick to keep your yaw stable and even throughout a pan shot... NOW say you want to yaw and tilt cam down... yeah... try and do that smoothly with your thumb and index finger on your left hand and keep everything smooth looking :roll: ...

They shoulda put that on the other side... where the controls are fwd/back left/right ... These movements aren't as sensitive and they are smoothed out by the 3 axis gimbal better than the yaw... I've been in this decision making process with my PS3 controller mod and it was the first decision I made... NOT to put camera tilt control on the left cuzz it just seemed the stupid thing to do.

DJI should employ you. They should just attached the 7th control arm on the back and everyone would of been happy.
I do like the antistatic compass. This means we can leave them near car speakers right?

I hope they have spent some time on the camera firmware.

Am I the only one who is a bit concerned about the way the tilt is operated? The proposed tilt knob seems to be operating in what is called "speed mode". (Like it works in the DJI app) The current lever on the back side of the controller works in "angle mode". Came across this because the basecam controller boards have this feature:

ANGLE MODE — RC stick will control the camera angle directly. The full RC range will cause a camera to go from min to max angles, as specified above. If RC stick doesn't move, camera stands still. The speed of rotation depends on the “SPEED” setting and the acceleration limiter setting.
 SPEED MODE — RC stick will control the rotation speed. If stick is centered - camera stands still, if stick is deflected, camera starts to rotate, but does not exceed min-max range. Speed is slightly decreased near min-max borders. Speed of rotation is proportional to stick angle and the SPEED setting. RC control inversion is allowed in both of control modes.

I would imagine they just moved the potentiometer from the circuit board up to the top where the knob is located and it works the same as before.

We also need tiny LEDs on top of each the copter's arms, so we can clearly see HL and CL (and all other signals) from above, because you can now only see them from below the copter.

Dirty Bird said:
I would imagine they just moved the potentiometer from the circuit board up to the top where the knob is located and it works the same as before.

Yes, except the potentiometer on the back does not have the "center stick" function. Means you have to manually figure out in midflight, where the approx centerpoint of the potentiometer is to stop the camera from moving to end point to end point. Well time will tell, if DJI has pulled a DJI on the customers again.

DKDarkness said:
Yes, except the potentiometer on the back does not have the "center stick" function. Means you have to manually figure out in midflight, where the approx centerpoint of the potentiometer is to stop the camera from moving to end point to end point. Well time will tell, if DJI has pulled a DJI on the customers again.

Not sure it matters since you normally "see" where its aimed via the FPV. I like how Hitec did the the dual sliders on the Aurora 9/9X controllers - they provide a tactile "click" and an audible "beep" when you hit the center position.

Mako79 said:
I do like the antistatic compass. This means we can leave them near car speakers right?

I think the plastic casing is more to protect it from the effects of a static discharge. I doubt it could offer protection from exposure to a strong magnetic field.

DKDarkness said:
Dirty Bird said:

I used the lever on the back with the vision. There is no need to have it self center , why ? Your looking through it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie