The one factor in between choosing the Typhoon H or P4

This is kind of rotten, says on their website that Typhoon H creates a zone around the pilots position and won't allow it to travel further than 300' away from the pilot and no higher than 400'...I know that this had been said before and others say "No thats not correct" but it's right here on the website FAQ.
Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 9.08.26 PM.png

This is kind of rotten, says on their website that Typhoon H creates a zone around the pilots position and won't allow it to travel further than 300' away from the pilot and no higher than 400'...I know that this had been said before and others say "No thats not correct" but it's right here on the website FAQ.
View attachment 53514
The 300' foot horizontal is in the safe mode, not sure what they call it. In another mode it will go out to the 1 mile spec. I think the modes are called angle and smart? Maybe that's agile?

I saw this on YouTube in regards to the Typhoon. You might want to give it time before purchasing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That guys a dud, all the wrong reasons. They ARE shipping them, in two weeks anyone can buy one, but consider this. Some ppl have problems with range, WITH LIGHTBRIDGE! Imagine the range in these areas without LB! I called them and the kid stated more then once it has a 1000m range, if it's solid, so be it. Then there are the unknowns, we just don't know what kind (if any) problems it will have yet. I really considered Best Buy giving me a return rain check, but out of 3 birds from DJI, all have been great flyers, and due to a DBS mod, they've all been great distance birds too, latest one has been out over a mile with solid signals, and that's also the first I've seen about the 400' limit being defeat able

Yuneec is in q lawsuit with DJI, I don't think that the Typhoon H will be released anytime in the next 6 months.
No, I called them, they insist that suit is NOT stopping shipping, and he stated its already begun

View attachment 53514
That is a Geo Fence thingy if you wish to use it (beginners). The range is rated at 1.6 km, but so far early adopters have posted vids on YouTube getting 2.7 km (mind you, they unscrewed the $19 antenna on the transmitter and replaced it with a $20 after market one).

View attachment 53514
Oh about the height limit.... that is the default. You have to connect the controller to you PC then accept the statement that you assume all liability, then you can change the max height.

Oh about the height limit.... that is the default. You have to connect the controller to you PC then accept the statement that you assume all liability, then you can change the max height.

But do we know this for sure yet or are we just speculating...I haven't seen any videos where they have addressed this...

How about the fact that the Typhoon H can only travel at a max speed of 22 mph (10 meters per second) The Phantom 4 travels at that speed when obstacle avoidance is turned on but can be switched to Sport mode to cover ground faster when Obstacle Avoidance is not needed.

Typhoon H has a wider field of view so the images will be more distorted (like a Phantom 2 Vision + or GoPro VS the Phantom 3 Or Phantom 4)

Typhoon H is not available yet, Phantom 4 is.

Typhoon H has a 7" monitor built into the controller so you have no option of what size display to use. I personally love my 9.7" iPad Pro.

FPV only works up to 400 meters. That is optimal conditions and I can tell you that the Phantom 4 can go at least 4 or 5 times farther than that in optimal conditions. Check the thread about distance records and there are people doing more than 2000 meters stock. I personally have flown more than 2 miles out stock no problem. 1 mile in urban areas with lots of trees and interference.

Accessories are more readily available for the Phantom 4

The bottom line is the Typhoon H is not available yet. There could very well be a Phantom 5 out by the time the Typhoon H is released.

Can you remove the camera on the TH and add another when Thermal camera is available?

This lawsuit is a typical corporate "I can piss farther than you" battle.
I read the complaint summary of the lawsuit. It's an allegedly patent infringement case regarding the object tracking feature. Reminds me of when Apple sued Samsung for the pinch to zoom in feature back in 2008 .Look where Samsung is at now..

Yuneec is a partner with INTEL. A company with larger zeroes in their bank account than DJI.

Yuneec's NFZ zones are ridiculously large, and a great deal larger than DJI's. I'd verify the areas you plan to fly against Yuneec's zone settings.There were a lot of users upset with the most recent ST10 remote update because it crippled a LOT of birds.

Last edited:
How about the fact that the Typhoon H can only travel at a max speed of 22 mph (10 meters per second) The Phantom 4 travels at that speed when obstacle avoidance is turned on but can be switched to Sport mode to cover ground faster when Obstacle Avoidance is not needed.

What make you think H can't fly faster than 22 mph, it can fly over 40mph in open field.

I'm kinda wedged in deciding if I should buy one to try out...I buy the newest DJI birds without hesitation as I know what to expect but this is a whole new ball of wax...Buy an H or just wait and see what DJI offers in the soon (Hopefully) to be released "Inspire II".

Typhoon H has a wider field of view so the images will be more distorted (like a Phantom 2 Vision + or GoPro VS the Phantom 3 Or Phantom 4)

Typhoon H is not available yet, Phantom 4 is.

Typhoon H has a 7" monitor built into the controller so you have no option of what size display to use. I personally love my 9.7" iPad Pro.

FPV only works up to 400 meters. That is optimal conditions and I can tell you that the Phantom 4 can go at least 4 or 5 times farther than that in optimal conditions. Check the thread about distance records and there are people doing more than 2000 meters stock. I personally have flown more than 2 miles out stock no problem. 1 mile in urban areas with lots of trees and interference.

Accessories are more readily available for the Phantom 4

The bottom line is the Typhoon H is not available yet. There could very well be a Phantom 5 out by the time the Typhoon H is released.
One more thing to mention is solidness of p4. All Yuneec products feel flimsy. And they are not solid at all. Quality of chassis is also incomparable.

Those who fly in US and very often will agree me that escaping from HAWKs is only possible in Sport mode. With the speed of 13.5mi/h like H you won't be able to escape from flying turtle ))))

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20