The Dreaded No FPV in my P2V

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone,

Yup have that same stupid nagging problem of no FPV on my P2V with the White “Egg”. Everything worked up to a few days ago using my RE500. I just received my RE700 to replace the RE500.

Let me start out to say that I have done so much research on the problem my head hurts and I haven’t seen anything that was the real problem other than the update or the Re700 burning out the board on the camera. Most are still stuck to this day with the same nagging problem.

Lately my video has been intermittent; where there are some times I power everything up and no FPV. Everything works except the video meaning WiFi seems ok, Camera works (pics and video) gimbal works from my Note 4 Android phone with DJI P2V 1.0.61. So before binding the RE700, I powered up everything and all was good. I charged the RE700 and powered up everything in the right sequence did the binding (gave me a successful) and of course no video. After jerking around powering up/down devices (including the phone) re-installing the DJI Phantom App for P2V, rebinding, it miraculously started working and I had FPV – Yay! So I flew it for a test and all was good. I modified the RE700 with external antenna leads and powered everything back up again and of course no FPV… So here is where is gets weird, I power down the RE700 range extender (leaving everything still on) and power up the old RE500, attach the WiFi and I have FPV now! So I power it down and while everything is power on, I power on the RE700 and now it works? WTF? So I immediately take it all outside and fly it without any video problem. I then change batteries, (turning off the RE700 and controller) and powered everything up in the correct order and no FPV again…………OMG this is driving me insane…

Things I haven’t tried yet:

1. I’m going to try and ping the IP address of each camera board later today

2. Maybe the Camera IP address is conflicting 192.168.0.1 with my router, so trying it with the router turned off? Not sure this matters since my WiFi is connected to the P2V

3. Uninstalling everything and going through the entire setup including app and rebinding.

4. Maybe even running it over with my 4 X 4….LOL

I’m new to this and as some of you know, just got this P2V from a friend of mine, so any advice to this newbie is appreciated. Here is my current setup and old RE500

Mike

P2V setup.jpg

My suggestion is to make sure you are using the latest firmware for the camera, I think its1.19 do a google on phantom 2 vision software and download the firmware, instructions are in the zip version.
Also make sure the quad and controller has the latest version again i think it's 3.14.

My suggestion is to make sure you are using the latest firmware for the camera, I think its1.19 do a google on phantom 2 vision software and download the firmware, instructions are in the zip version.
Also make sure the quad and controller has the latest version again i think it's 3.14.

I had the same problem intermittently for months. Finally, with controller and WiFi extender on, I turned off the camera, unplugged the cable into the camera, and pushed the reset button on the WiFi extender. Plugged the camera back in, turned on the camera, and bingo, there was FPV.

I had the same problem intermittently for months. Finally, with controller and WiFi extender on, I turned off the camera, unplugged the cable into the camera, and pushed the reset button on the WiFi extender. Plugged the camera back in, turned on the camera, and bingo, there was FPV.
Throughout many iterations and trials & Errors I finally got it to work. I found a video that actually worked for me.
I turn on the range extender first and wait a full minute or two before turning on the controller and then the P2V. I put my phone (Samsung Note 4) in Airplane mode and wait for the Phantom Wifi to show up. I select it in my phone setting and gives me a warning about using Wifi and not my data plan. I wait for the PV2 to start flashing green and then I bring up the DJI app. Once the green dot next to the word Phantom turns solid green, I select camera and it works....amazing!

My only issue now is that my video is freezing while the P2V is above 200ft?? I have the ITLITE so I don't think that's the issue more like my pile of a phone not able to handle the streaming. I've tried all the different resolutions and got the same results. I did see where the antenna has to be 90 degrees from the ground and it wasn't, more like a 45 degree. Still playing and will keep you update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl