Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I found a list of the approved tablets and found that the Apple products seem to be the most compatible. I went to Best Buy a few days ago and purchased the iPad mini 4 128 gig & have not had any problems whatsoever. I'm guessing Apple is the way to go with the DJI products & apps. Seems to be a nicer view although the same resolution...supposedly.
I live in Beverly Hills, CA & have been doing quite a bit of night flying & it's been freaking incredible!
Anybody in the w.la area that know of any good spots...I'll b happy to share what I found in century city & Westwood area.

Did you buy the cellular version or the Wifi only version? The wifi version does not contain a GPS, so Follow Me (which is a feature I require) will not work with that version. The cellular version is much more expensive and I don't really need a tablet for other purposes. I hate to spend $600 plus on a viewer for my drone!!

Just got ipad mini 4 and works great. Connects fast and video good. Well worth the extra money. Scraped my galaxy tab e.

Tried two of my cheap tablets:

TB IGNIS 9,7' I97.02 16GB, Android - after forcing installation (DJI GO claims it's not compatible), the app will not start at all.

Pentagram Tab 7.6, Dual-Core, Android - the DJI GO app starts and works, but there is like 500 ms lag in the video from P3P. And that's after switching settings to get best performance. Also, video often gets corrupted - display is best with the lowest bit rate selected. Cheap wifi drones have better video quality than P3P with this tablet.

I used Samsung 10'' tablet as reference; performance is good with it.

My LG G3 is my dedicated phone for my DJI and I have had not one problem... my "phone" I carry is an LG G4....

Anyone use a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition or a Note 5 successfully with the P3 Pro?
I have samsung gt n8000 (note 10.1 ver 2014 android system kitkat 4.4.2 ) installed dji go but no camera when I connect ( phantom 4) , so no fpv for this. I dont know how to fix this :(

I have purchased a Samsung Tab 3 Lite, due to seeing it on the list of compatible devices. However when I try to download the App it says that it the device is not compatible? Why is this?

I have purchased a Samsung Tab 3 Lite, due to seeing it on the list of compatible devices. However when I try to download the App it says that it the device is not compatible? Why is this?
That's almost funny, DJI has a device on the recommended list and you have to side load the APK

I have a Samsung Tab S 10.1, a S5 a Tab 4 and a Ipad mini 3. I don't really care for apple, never have, but I like Litchi and Go better on the Ipad. The mini 3 will be a dedicated P3 monitor.

It wasn't funny at the time! It is now though (with everything sorted) :). Probably has something to do with software updates, older hardware and the like.

Having said that it is time to update the recommended devices list. Perhaps add a section for devices that need side loading of the APK.

That's almost funny, DJI has a device on the recommended list and you have to side load the APK
That device is not on DJI's recommended list.

Reactions: Webby
Did you buy the cellular version or the Wifi only version? The wifi version does not contain a GPS, so Follow Me (which is a feature I require) will not work with that version. The cellular version is much more expensive and I don't really need a tablet for other purposes. I hate to spend $600 plus on a viewer for my drone!!
I just went to Best Buy & purchased the mini 2 & got a Verizon ellipses jet pack & I can do the follow me & everything on the litchi app.
Seemed to be the least expensive way to go. Get $100 of prepaid service & its good for 1 year or use up all data whichever comes first.

I have a strange thing going on and it doesn't make since to me maybe someone can help, I've always used my IPad when flying, for a change I decided to use my Samsung phone, I had the android app on just never used it, well I hit my phantom 4 on the screen and was asked to log in for the app, since I have an account I used the same credentials as always when I activated the phantom, it had no record or couldn't find my account??? Do we need two accounts? One for iOS and one for android???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20