Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Hi all,

I have tried all the normal things but can't get any video feed no more on my P3SE ...any ideas??

thanks

Just tried all this and it keeps saying APP Not installed.... somewhere after i had to go back in to the downloaded file on my PC i was told to 'copy' the app with my tablet, how am i supposed to do this?

Success!! :) I finally downloaded FCC mode for my Phantom3SE. I can't wait to try this :D
Firstly thanks to all of you who made this possible for us on this forum,you really should be proud because it was really a 'selfless' act of kindness to offer this to all of us pilots on this forum,Thanks again!!

Now to cut to the chase here, i finished the app and it has installed, we have a storm incoming so i doubt i can get to test this till early next week and the earliest.
Questions, what am i supposed to be seeing in the channel menu? Is there anything else i have to do only the normal stuff before a flight using this new app? I used the latest 3.1.46 version.
I still seem to be loosing my video feed while just testing it here in the room.
I wish i could just get that sorted, maybe it might come back in flight with this new app, let's see...

So i can now just fly away as normal? I don't need fake GPS app or anything?

EDIT: I can see my map isn't working either :(

Ok even though it feels like i'm starting to talk to myself on this forum right now i might aswell give an update on my experience with FCC anyway.

Ok the storm has passed and it's a little windy but flyable.I am really disappointed as my drone goes the same distance and looses signal and returns well before the 400meters mark :(

Am i missing something here? LOL

No video feed back either, the only thing i can say that is differnt so far about FCC mode for me is i have no map :O :(

Dan your results are the same as mine with my P3SE sadly. I was getting 400 meters without the modded version of DJi GO and gained maybe 15 or 20 meters at most and that was in a totally open field with no interference or obstructions.

Seems like the only way to get serious distance gain is by use of something like Argtek.

DW

Reactions: Dan Ireland
Ok even though it feels like i'm starting to talk to myself on this forum right now i might aswell give an update on my experience with FCC anyway.

Ok the storm has passed and it's a little windy but flyable.I am really disappointed as my drone goes the same distance and looses signal and returns well before the 400meters mark :(

Am i missing something here? LOL

No video feed back either, the only thing i can say that is differnt so far about FCC mode for me is i have no map :O :(

Dan,

Have you tried a parabolic range extender? they are cheap to but and most people get surprisingly good results despite their low cost. They ARE very directional though so U ahve to ensure that the antenna on your controller is pointing towards the aircraft.

Hi Phantom pilot uk,
To be honest and i'm not going to spend anymore time messing with this drone,i think the best upgrade is to get rid of it and get a Mavic asap!!

I have a modified antenna already and it's just as useless.
You know what i think would help is taking out that useless 1s battery in the controller and look in to giving it more power somehow,but the fact that too is coded is very annoying,the battery has a microchip on top and needs to be calibrated to the controller :( I am selling this..

So as of now i suppose i am better off to just reinstall the older version of DJI GO and at least get my map back.
Dan

The one downside of modded versions of Dji Go is that quite often you gain a lot but also lose some items so it's a balancing act between gaines and losses. For me the regular official version of GO is always stable and with only 20 odd flying hours under my belt I always prefer stability of the software over extra distance but I do understand others want to go further and further.

To be honest i was enjoying the SE and it's a really nice bit of kit until i lost all video feed :( That's just a right bummer but however i am suspecting now that it could be the flex ribbon cable,it's worth a shot for 15 pounds and a right nightmare putting it on with no experience of doing one before LOL...I did have a small impact after buying the drone so i put in a new motor so it could be the cable.

SE is a really good little drone TBH, I have had my over a year and love how easy it is to fly but the range is disappointing.

Worth 15 quid definitely and see how you go from there mate!

I am still using the last modded app and 2km without signal loss here. No range extender needed.

Hi Phantom pilot uk,
To be honest and i'm not going to spend anymore time messing with this drone,i think the best upgrade is to get rid of it and get a Mavic asap!!

I have a modified antenna already and it's just as useless.
You know what i think would help is taking out that useless 1s battery in the controller and look in to giving it more power somehow,but the fact that too is coded is very annoying,the battery has a microchip on top and needs to be calibrated to the controller :( I am selling this..

So as of now i suppose i am better off to just reinstall the older version of DJI GO and at least get my map back.
Dan
A mavic will be locked to +/- 500 meters to. It's not the SE that cant fly far as they can do 4km's but the software stops them.

does anyone have a fix to bring the maps back in 3.1.18 mod Version?

HERE-Maps are expired!!!

Hi Guys, I've had this page bookmarked for about 6 months now, just waiting for the weather to change so I could try out this switch, and today was the day :D
I used the fake map location app method, along with newest DJI GO app, and it worked like a charm.

I have now switched to my iPad 6th gen, using Litchi and the app reports that I am in fact in FCC mode (read CE mode before in settings), I haven't made a range check yet, as I live in a very populated area, but can't wait to try it out, as the longest I've been away is 600m! :/

Anyways great guide, I'll post my results when I get to try it out properly.

So this is what I got yesterday, 1100m, not great but a lot bettter than 600m.

It wasn't the best area for testing, I will post more results if I get more distance :)

Flightlog:

So this is what I got yesterday, 1100m, not great but a lot bettter than 600m.

It wasn't the best area for testing, I will post more results if I get more distance :)

Flightlog:
Well done! Do you use Litchi? I thought it was not possible with the P3SE.

Well done! Do you use Litchi? I thought it was not possible with the P3SE.

Thanks, I love my Drone again :D

I use Litchi on an iPad 6th gen. because Litchi doesn't work with the P3SE on android :/ I found that out the hard, I had to buy Litchi twice.

Thanks, I love my Drone again :D

I use Litchi on an iPad 6th gen. because Litchi doesn't work with the P3SE on android :/ I found that out the hard, I had to buy Litchi twice.
Ok, that's the A9-version with the 9.7" screen. Sounds good to me. Do you also make films with your drone or do you fly more for a long distance?

Ok, that's the A9-version with the 9.7" screen. Sounds good to me. Do you also make films with your drone or do you fly more for a long distance?

I'm not really in it for long distances, but I had too many issues with what little I had, so getting this far with got me all excited for flying some more with it again.

I haven't been doing much filming, mainly because of the distance issues, but I've taken a lot of photos. I do plan to make more videos though, I just hate the editing part.

I'm not really in it for long distances, but I had too many issues with what little I had, so getting this far with got me all excited for flying some more with it again.

I haven't been doing much filming, mainly because of the distance issues, but I've taken a lot of photos. I do plan to make more videos though, I just hate the editing part.
I made this short footage a few weeks ago:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Editing was not very difficult but I learned that you need a fast computer (with a lot of computing power) for this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31