Was that post helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hello,

shooting video against the sun it is not so easy, the use of expensive filters or shooting having the camera heading set in a specific angle can help and of course can bring great results.

But, having the sun at the back gives you great results as well and with less effort.

Any way, planning your mission at home, most probably you are going to use your favorite software, you are going to set the north on your map and then you will design your mission planning to have the east (sun) at your back supposing the you are planning to fly in the morning.

All ok? no, it is not, simply because the sunrise and sunset is not working like that and I bet that many of us had or having that problem and some of us they didn't managed to solve it up to know.

To have an idea what I am talking about, I will give you an example:

in Sheffield the 25th of November 2017, the sunrise is at 07:48 which is correct but it is expected with common logic to be 90 deg clockwise to the North which is wrong, the correct is 125 deg, 35 deg difference!

The same with the sunset, in Sheffield the 25th of November 2017, the sunset is at 15:56 which is correct but it is expected with common logic to be 270 deg clockwise to the North which is wrong, the correct is 235 deg, 35 deg difference!

Believe me, 35 deg difference can spoile your mission and to avoid that most probably you will have to redesign it being on site, that happened to me!

To plan your mission having correct information about the sunrise and sunset pos in deg clockwise to the North, there are some websites providing that info for all the days of the year, I picked one randomly and I am sharing the link here:

Sunrise and sunset times in Sheffield

Of course I will appreciate and If you like to post here links to related websites or apps you use and can help making our life more easier having all the data we need to plan our missions.

I hope that you like it my post.

Cheers,

Thanos

P.s.: screenshot from the list i used to get the data for my example can be found below :)

tcaerialsSunriseSunset.jpg

Hi Don,

thanks for posting, I have already checked the web version:

A shot planned with TPE

and it looks great, I liked the yellow and orange lines in the map, you got my point, thanks a lot :)

Having the opp I will check and the iOS version, many thanks!

Thanos

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4