suggest me to wait for phantom 5 or to buy phantom 4pro

Nobody knows when the next Phantom will be released, so you might be waiting for a while.

????????

I was wondering about the usefulness of your thread title but you nailed it.

Release date and feature set are not known with any reliability for the P5 (or whatever the P4 successor might be named) and only you can know what if any of the potential feature additions/enhancements are important to you.

If you have a need for an AC now the P4 is a good buy.

*Thread title changed by BigAl07*

There may be a number of good reasons to wait before buying a DJI drone, but waiting for the newest one to be released is not one of them...

Reactions: FranksFlights

There really is only two reasons why you would consider waiting.
First being if they were to water proof the drone and the second being a way to exchange the lenses .

We keep in close contact with the DJI team and if they offered either of those features it would take away from there higher end drones so as a business move it would not make sense to do that now.

The water proof drone is to small of a niche for them to deal with and all that would be involved in creating something air tight .

Much of DJI is about there stock price so they wont be jeopardizing those other sales anytime soon.

DJI Innovations, the largest drone maker in the world, reportedly doubled its annual revenue to $1 billion in 2015. Unfortunately, mainstream investors can't profit from DJI's growth since the company is privately held.
They do not disclose there financials as we do here but it is said they trippled in 2018 .

Until this changes we are likely not to see to many changes that would make other drones obsolete from DJI.

So Despite the fact that we sell the Phantom Rain Wet Suit for Phantom 4 series of drones ,we would love to see those changes made in a phantom 5 but no real competition means no real changes made anytime soon.

second.gif

What do yo7 want to use the drone for? If the 4pro will do the job then why wait for next version which is guaranteed to be more expensive , and if you believe many posts on here, it will also be in ‘beta’ form and will need work on the firmware to make it as it should be. The 4pro has been around a while, and certainly for me does a great job. Lots of support for it in terms of after market accessories and the like, and 8 would also suggest the platform is well proven. Unless you need interchangeable lenses then go for the 4. When I was a professional photographer I resisted to chase after the latest tech if what I had did the job for me. Saved thousands over the years and yet I was still able to obtain to obtain the results I, and more importantly my customers wanted.
But I ask the question again, what do you want to do with it?

There really is only two reasons why you would consider waiting.
First being if they were to water proof the drone and the second being a way to exchange the lenses .

We keep in close contact with the DJI team......
Neither of these two features are of any concern to most IMO, given the downside of implementation and lack of value to the masses. Nobody you have access at DJI is going to leak P5 details, regardless what you think, because they don't know themselves. There are MANY other features DJI could implement that would be of interest to their base, but these two you mention will unlikely be in a P5, which is a good thing, IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: With The Birds
Neither of these two features are of any concern to most IMO, given the downside of implementation and lack of value to the masses. Nobody you have access at DJI is going to leak P5 details, regardless what you think, because they don't know themselves. There are MANY other features DJI could implement that would be of interest to their base, but these two you mention will unlikely be in a P5, which is a good thing, IMO

Yes I remember reading your list of features that you wanted implemented in the Phantom 5 and granted they were excellent. But we feel based on the number of Phantom Rain Wet Suits that have sold already in 5 major countries that you have underestimated how much a water proof drone is truly needed.

Wait for the phantom 6.....or 7 or 8...or.......

A few months ago I started watching videos on YouTube captured by drones so I impulsively ordered one off of amazon. It arrived in a week & I haven’t even opened the box it arrived in, so far I’ve had it for 4 months. I’m not really inspired to use it anyone so it’s just been siting here.

Copy, thats a bummer. I have a Mavic and they are sure fun to fly. What do you want for yours?

I would not wait. Find a good deal for a P3 or P4P and start learning/training to develop flying skills and, if you do photography, aerial photography skills. You can go a long way before you will reach any limits with either drone. Meanwhile, should you make any mistakes (called a crash) your learning will not be so costly. BTW ... most of us have crashed at least once. It’s like defensive driving. After the first crash, we learn. Drones are no different.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Yes I remember reading your list of features that you wanted implemented in the Phantom 5 and granted they were excellent. But we feel based on the number of Phantom Rain Wet Suits that have sold already in 5 major countries that you have underestimated how much a water proof drone is truly needed.

I would assume by water proof, you mean water resistant? I would assume to make a P4 water proof, you would have to plug all air vents, which would cause it to overheat would it not?

????????

I was wondering about the usefulness of your thread title but you nailed it.

Release date and feature set are not known with any reliability for the P5 (or whatever the P4 successor might be named) and only you can know what if any of the potential feature additions/enhancements are important to you.

If you have a need for an AC now the P4 is a good buy.
The operative words that are missing in the original post!!! If he has a drone he's reasonable satisfied I'd say wait for the P5 Pro!!! Of course, I'm biased - I'm a newbie with a still new P4A for my first drone....

I would assume by water proof, you mean water resistant? I would assume to make a P4 water proof, you would have to plug all air vents, which would cause it to overheat would it not?

No , we mean water proof , so the drone can sit in the water and float with the camera below. That is what we would like to see implemented but DJI are years away from that at this point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl