STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Got my strobe today thanks so much for the fast shipping msinger this thing is Awesome bright should no issues seeing it even in daylight. now to measure it all up and CAD a nice little holder for the 3D printer.

Once you get one to your liking please post a photo & a price if you're interested in selling them.

Well this is what I came up with for my needs will be held down with double sided RC tape. I added some electrical tape as a pull tab to easily remove the strobe for charging. strobe is a slight friction fit in the holder. I wanted a button on the holder for turning the strobe off and on so I incorporated that into the design. Now I need to make 2 more that will have the wrap around clamp for the legs for a red and green strobe. Haven't decided where I want this white one yet will find out tonight, I would rather have it facing up as it reflects that strobe over the entire bottom of the drone and should be Highly visible there, but I need to make sure it doesn't wash out my pictures. If it does its going on the bottom. I'm not interested in making these for sale ryantrax has that well in hand and I wouldn't want to interfere with what he has going on, besides I have a lot of irons in the fire building Firearms and Night vision systems and wouldn't have the time.
20171014_142005.jpg
20171014_143823.jpg
20171014_143829.jpg
20171014_141901.jpg
20171014_143121.jpg

Well this is what I came up with for my needs will be held down with double sided RC tape. I added some electrical tape as a pull tab to easily remove the strobe for charging. strobe is a slight friction fit in the holder. I wanted a button on the holder for turning the strobe off and on so I incorporated that into the design. Now I need to make 2 more that will have the wrap around clamp for the legs for a red and green strobe. Haven't decided where I want this white one yet will find out tonight, I would rather have it facing up as it reflects that strobe over the entire bottom of the drone and should be Highly visible there, but I need to make sure it doesn't wash out my pictures. If it does its going on the bottom. I'm not interested in making these for sale ryantrax has that well in hand and I wouldn't want to interfere with what he has going on, besides I have a lot of irons in the fire building Firearms and Night vision systems and wouldn't have the time. View attachment 89571 View attachment 89572 View attachment 89573 View attachment 89574 View attachment 89575

No problem - hope everything works out for you. I traded a BNIB Para Ordnance .45 Expert Carry & a box of ammo ($15) for my P3S & a load of accessories. I had $530 in the pistol & the guy I traded with said he had between $1100 - $1200 in the drone. But we were both happy.

as long as both parties are happy that's all that matters Brother. I build the 1911 on an 80% stainless frame. I have a Wilson combat that's an insanely good shooter. I try to build off that weapons good points. I do a lot of custom work as well building precision shooting platforms in 308, 6.5 and 6.8 SPC.

Reactions: PDX1953
as long as both parties are happy that's all that matters Brother. I build the 1911 on an 80% stainless frame. I have a Wilson combat that's an insanely good shooter. I try to build off that weapons good points. I do a lot of custom work as well building precision shooting platforms in 308, 6.5 and 6.8 SPC.

I started collecting (or maybe amassing) items in mid-2013 after an unexpected move from CT to OR where I was born and now have 2 large safes bursting at the seams. Of the 82 I've purchased so far the Para and another item were the only ones I traded/sold. I've give a number of them as gifts & the majority of the remaining ones are collector pieces. I also built a .223 / .300 BO SBR & it's only 19" long when collapsed using the 5.5" .223 upper.

Reactions: epicdoom
I started collecting (or maybe amassing) items in mid-2013 after an unexpected move from CT to OR where I was born and now have 2 large safes bursting at the seams. Of the 82 I've purchased so far the Para and another item were the only ones I traded/sold. I've give a number of them as gifts & the majority of the remaining ones are collector pieces. I also built a .223 / .300 BO SBR & it's only 19" long when collapsed using the 5.5" .223 upper.
nice! I love the 80% builds have one in every caliber but .50 Beo. and 204 Ruger there coming though lol built a few AR pistols and I build my own suppressors under a form 1 I've had a class III weapons permit since 88 and I'm also a collector 73 total and still hunting down a few hard to finds, that task is never ending as you well know. I started a revocable living trust as a means to protect my collection in the even I pass away, been at that doorstep a few times. when you have class III and NFA items there has to be someone those items can be given to or they are confiscated, I'd rather they all end up in my grandsons hands some day.

@epicdoom does that mount get in the way of your sensors?

I’ll buy a set of those, are you suggesting we use 2 or 4 strobes?
Some people buy two and just put them in the back some by Four and put two green in the back and two red in the front. The ones in the front need to face sideways though as to not affect your photos and video.

I have a P3S with a red one facing towards the rear on the left leg and a green one on the right leg. When the drone is in the air you really can't see them but if the mount was angled down about 45 degrees it'd make a huge difference.
Here you go

Last edited:
Just ordered some strobe lights and holders.

I just want to say a big thank you to Mike for his advice, help. within an hour, they were already in the post on it's way to me here is Oz.

Reactions: RW8888
Thank you for ordering from me @Mxh666! Enjoy your light and mounts :)

I use Velcro on mine. I mount a green one on the front just above the seam of the top half of the shell. On the back I have a white one just under the bottom battery release button facing the rear and finally there are red ones under both rear motor mounts. It is very visible and no interference with pictures and or video.

I use Velcro on mine. I mount a green one on the front just above the seam of the top half of the shell. On the back I have a white one just under the bottom battery release button facing the rear and finally there are red ones under both rear motor mounts. It is very visible and no interference with pictures and or video.

Pictures?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl