STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

@msinger You should get with Firehouse Technologies and become a distributor of these too! It is the ARC Tri-Colored strobe, White, Red and Green all in one, they alternate flashing the 3 colors and have 7 hour run time. I use this on my bigger drones (Inspire 1 Pro and P4P) and use the Cree's on my smaller ones (Mavic and Spark).

609709882.jpg

609709879.jpg

They look interesting. I'm wondering what the use case is though. Do people really want 3 different colored lights flashing in the same direction?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Neat, but IMHO as a newbie it'd be confusing. I'm adding two red strobes on the back (battery end) so I can get used to the orientation. Some of us old farts can't do mental calisthenics as fast as we once could. Or as Jeff Foxworthy calls it, "Useta'could."

They look interesting. I'm wondering what the use case is though. Do people really want 3 different colored lights flashing in the same direction?
Good point I might keep the cree strobes on as well, a green one and a red one on the arms of my Inspire, and the ARC strobe just on the tail.
It's going to light up like a Christmas tree LOL.

Good point I might keep the cree strobes on as well, a green one and a red one on the arms of my Inspire, and the ARC strobe just on the tail.
It's going to light up like a Christmas tree LOL.

USPS just delivered my strobes & holders & I was smart enough to get a red & green. Maybe the three color one could mount on the front so it'd remind me to go left to go right.

Ordered Mine today cant wait to get it I have a 3D printer so will design and print out a holder to my liking is its nice and visible in the daytime Ill buy a red and green to go with the white

Reactions: PDX1953
Ordered Mine today cant wait to get it I have a 3D printer so will design and print out a holder to my liking is its nice and visible in the daytime Ill buy a red and green to go with the white

I charged the batteries & man-o-man are they bright! I know it's an LED but it looks almost as bright as a laser when they pass your eyes.

I'd be interested in buying a triple strobe mount once you have it perfected.

Reactions: epicdoom
I see the triple LED strobes on amazon but don't know if they are same as these or made by someone else but buying the singles through Msinger is cheapest I've see them. he's a big help with questions here on the forum so he would get my money before amazon any day.

I see the triple LED strobes on amazon but don't know if they are same as these or made by someone else
I'm not sure where they get their strobe lights either. They look very similar to Flytron's lights, so they could be produced by Flytron (and maybe Flytron just doesn't sell them directly).

Reactions: epicdoom
I'm not sure where they get their strobe lights either. They look very similar to Flytron's lights, so they could be produced by Flytron (and maybe Flytron just doesn't sell them directly).
that's possible. I'm not interested in those just don't see the need to flash 3 especially 3 different colors from one location. I will be grabbing a red and green to go along with the white one I just got from you though. my plan is to attach the white one directly to my gimbal guard should make is visible from all angles in the location the red and green ill attach to the sides of the landing gear.

By mounting these lights on the bottom of the drone, does that affect the photo or video in any way,shape,or form that you know of ?

This question has gone unanswered. I'd like to know myself. Perhaps it's best to mount them on the back out of the view of the camera. Certainly, any bright flashing light pointing in the same direction as the camera is gonna show up in video if the scene is a little darker. For photos, I guess you just take multiple images and time it between blinks.

This question has gone unanswered. I'd like to know myself. Perhaps it's best to mount them on the back out of the view of the camera. Certainly, any bright flashing light pointing in the same direction as the camera is gonna show up in video if the scene is a little darker. For photos, I guess you just take multiple images and time it between blinks.
I mount all minor rear-facing or side facing. When mounting them front facing the light is visible during night hours, it's not noticeable during the day.

I still haven’t purchased these yet, for the question still not being answered by anyone that has them. A video and some pics of them operating at night , and mounting locations would be most helpful. Only issue I can think of by mounting them on back out of camera view is... you will be able to see the drone going outbound, but how would you see it returning inbound?
If ANYONE has video/pic at night with these on please post it so we can see if they do in fact affect nighttime recording or photos.

I still haven’t purchased these yet, for the question still not being answered by anyone that has them. A video and some pics of them operating at night , and mounting locations would be most helpful. Only issue I can think of by mounting them on back out of camera view is... you will be able to see the drone going outbound, but how would you see it returning inbound?
If ANYONE has video/pic at night with these on please post it so we can see if they do in fact affect nighttime recording or photos.
The mounts I make and use can be rotated to face backward, sideways, forward or at about any angle you want. The front could be rotated at about a 45 degree angle away from the camera so you could see it better inbound while keeping most of the light out of your shot.

The mounts I make and use can be rotated to face backward, sideways, forward or at about any angle you want. The front could be rotated at about a 45 degree angle away from the camera so you could see it better inbound while keeping most of the light out of your shot.

I really like the mounts you made. A suggestion to anyone who uses them - turn the mount so the strobe slides down in from the top. I initially had them the other way (didn't fly it like that) & realized the strobes might fall out.

Has anyone had a compass calibration error after mounting them? They have a small rechargeable capacitor or battery & which could interfere with the compass and even after removing mine the compass won't calibrate. I've calibrated it successfully quite a few times before w/o any issues so this is most likely a coincidence.

I really like the mounts you made. A suggestion to anyone who uses them - turn the mount so the strobe slides down in from the top. I initially had them the other way (didn't fly it like that) & realized the strobes might fall out.

Has anyone had a compass calibration error after mounting them? They have a small rechargeable capacitor or battery & which could interfere with the compass and even after removing mine the compass won't calibrate. I've calibrated it successfully quite a few times before w/o any issues so this is most likely a coincidence.
I've not had any compass issues while they are mounted to the land legs. The mounts do work anywhere vertically on the leg so if you have an issue maybe try sliding them up or down.

Got my strobe today thanks so much for the fast shipping msinger this thing is Awesome bright should no issues seeing it even in daylight. now to measure it all up and CAD a nice little holder for the 3D printer.

Reactions: PDX1953

I've had these little guys all over a Phantom and Mavic. No compass (or any other) issues, but there are plenty of mounting location options if one spot is giving you trouble. Some industrial velcro and it will hold fast just about anywhere on the Phantom. I use a very thin strip of Gorilla Tape as insurance but I've flown plenty of times without it was fine. :)

I've not had any compass issues while they are mounted to the land legs. The mounts do work anywhere vertically on the leg so if you have an issue maybe try sliding them up or down.

I still have the compass calibration issue but doubt the strobes caused any problems. If it calibrated with them off & didn't calibrate with them on then I'd question it. The weather has been crappy but it's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I'll try again. I'm not worried - I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel