STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
The STROBON Cree® LED strobe light is the brightest navigation strobe solution for drones. The light is visible from 3 miles away at night—making it compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti collision light rules for drones. The on-board battery lasts for 2+ hours of continuous use and can be recharged via a micro USB cable.

I sell and ship these from the US (Harrisburg, PA) everyday except Sunday. I currently have white, red, and green lights in stock. Go here for more details or to place an order.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Note: The above video is showing a larger version of this strobe light. The STROBON Cree® LED strobe light functions exactly like this larger version.

There seems little point in putting red and green on something as small as an sUAS, especially since they can fly backwards, forwards and sideways. I'm leaning towards two white strobes, one on top and one below, for the purposes of a waiver to fly at night. Does that seem consistent with what others are doing?

Most people have ordered more than one color from me. I'm not exactly sure where they are attaching them though. I did see some people using different colors so they could tell which way the Mavic was facing (e.g. red pointing toward the front and white pointing toward the back).

I'm not aware of any FAA requirements for the position of the lights on sUAS. These lights are blindingly bright, so I think other pilots and/or manned aircraft would still be able to see them if you only put them on the top or the bottom (if you don't want to do both).

Reactions: Shoemaker
Most people have ordered more than one color from me. I'm not exactly sure where they are attaching them though. I did see some people using different colors so they could tell which way the Mavic was facing (e.g. red pointing toward the front and white pointing toward the back).

I'm not aware of any FAA requirements for the position of the lights on sUAS. These lights are blindingly bright, so I think other pilots and/or manned aircraft would still be able to see them if you only put them on the top or the bottom (if you don't want to do both).

Good point about using colors to determine orientation. That's on the tablet though. Anyway - those look like they will do exactly what I need. Thanks for posting.

Good point about using colors to determine orientation. That's on the tablet though.
Yep -- until the downlink drops anyhow.

By mounting these lights on the bottom of the drone, does that affect the photo or video in any way,shape,or form that you know of ?

Does anyone have nighttime video or pictures with these strobes on their drone ?

Is any one color better than the other for bottom mounting on drone ?

Thanks @msinger I've been wanting to order one of these. Just bought a white one from you for the Inspire :D

Thanks! I'll ship it out in the morning :)

I think I will be 3D Printing something.
I thought of the same idea, but I'm not sure where most people want them mounted. There are so many possible configurations.

I have been using Strobon for years. They sell quality stuff. It's nice to see someone distributing them in the US.
These cree strobes with the rechargeable battery is a tiny package and insanely bright. I have had mine over two miles away at night and can quickly find it in the sky.
I have red, green, white and blue.

I was thinking something similar to this:

or this:

Last edited:
By mounting these lights on the bottom of the drone, does that affect the photo or video in any way,shape,or form that you know of ?

Does anyone have nighttime video or pictures with these strobes on their drone ?

Is any one color better than the other for bottom mounting on drone ?

I'd be interested in this answer too. I have to imagine that with how bright they are that you're gonna see it in the camera. Anyone mount them behind the camera?

This may be a silly question but any idea what the visibility is in the day time? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem... You have it on sight, look down at the screen and when you look back up can't find it. Wondering if these would help in the day light

Reactions: JohnGleeson
I'd be interested in this answer too. I have to imagine that with how bright they are that you're gonna see it in the camera. Anyone mount them behind the camera?

This may be a silly question but any idea what the visibility is in the day time? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem... You have it on sight, look down at the screen and when you look back up can't find it. Wondering if these would help in the day light
The red really help in daylight. As long as you are not in the sun. But they only help at a much shorter distance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik