STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Is anyone using blue STROBON Cree strobe lights? I haven't tried them yet and was wondering how the brightness compares to the red/green/white lights. If you have them, please share your experience.
I personally don't have any blue in any of the brands, but from what I've heard from other customers the blue isn't nearly as visible as the red green and white.

Correct me if Im wrong but every phantom I’ve had has lights work beautifully. Why would I want this, beside the fact that what idiot would fly a camera drone at night? Thats like fishing in a swimming pool. I may be mistaken though. I would be interested to see what your reasoning is for it, I would be interested in buying it then.

Correct me if Im wrong but every phantom I’ve had has lights work beautifully. Why would I want this, beside the fact that what idiot would fly a camera drone at night? Thats like fishing in a swimming pool. I may be mistaken though. I would be interested to see what your reasoning is for it, I would be interested in buying it then.
It is an FAA requirement for those of us that hold a Daytime Flight waiver to fly commercially at night. Your drone must be visible for 3 miles, the built-in LED's aren't visible to 3 miles, the strobes are. I fly commercially at night quite a bit actually. You can't get shots like this during the day:
xenia_lightning.jpg

Reactions: ralphel21
It is an FAA requirement for those of us that hold a Daytime Flight waiver to fly commercially at night. Your drone must be visible for 3 miles, the built-in LED's aren't visible to 3 miles, the strobes are. I fly commercially at night quite a bit actually. You can't get shots like this during the day:
xenia_lightning.jpg

You’ve sold me. I was confused at their purpose. How much does it cost, where can I get it and how do I fasten it to my Phantom 3 Professional

You’ve sold me. I was confused at their purpose. How much does it cost, where can I get it and how do I fasten it to my Phantom 3 Professional
msinger sells the single cree version or Firehouse Technology makes a Dual Cree Version or a really bright one called the ARC II which has 4 LEDS (this is the one I've standardized on my bigger aircraft, I use the dual on my smaller drones). The mounts for the ARC can be found HERE and the Dual and Single Cree mount HERE or if you order the Strobon Cree's from msinger he also sells mounts.

How much does it cost, where can I get it and how do I fasten it to my Phantom 3 Professional
You can purchase STROBON Cree strobe lights from me here. They are the smallest Cree strobe lights available.

1s.jpg

You can attach these lights to your Phantom with a Velcro product like 3M Dual Lock. I also make these mounts:

3.jpg

Has anyone have their Strobon light and mount fall off the drone during flight? Yesterday I was flying my Phantom 4 Pro and when I landed the Strobon light and mount purchased from here were gone! :( The mount was attached to the landing gear and sitting in the same position as normal before flight.The drone was mostly hovering and taking landscape pictures with no aggressive flying. I searched for a couple hours in the area I was flying with no luck, too bad the light was turned off during the day flight. If the light had been on in the dark it would be easy-peasy to find, so bright!

Has anyone have their Strobon light and mount fall off the drone during flight? Yesterday I was flying my Phantom 4 Pro and when I landed the Strobon light and mount purchased from here were gone! :( The mount was attached to the landing gear and sitting in the same position as normal before flight.The drone was mostly hovering and taking landscape pictures with no aggressive flying. I searched for a couple hours in the area I was flying with no luck, too bad the light was turned off during the day flight. If the light had been on in the dark it would be easy-peasy to find, so bright!
Uh oh, did you purchase the mounts from me or msinger? I have the anti-slip rubber ones, I think msinger's are plastic. I've not had any reports of them coming off.

LOL so one minute your calling people idiots for flying at night and after reading one reply you changed your mind and wanna join the idiot brigade..:)

Has anyone have their Strobon light and mount fall off the drone during flight? Yesterday I was flying my Phantom 4 Pro and when I landed the Strobon light and mount purchased from here were gone!
I've sold many of these mounts and haven't had any reports of mine falling off either. Since they snap securely onto the landing gear, I'm not sure there would be a way for an undamaged mount to fall off.

Back in April when you purchased your mount from me, you accidentally purchased a P4 mount (which fits loosely on the P4P landing gear). I replaced your P4 mount with a P4P mount a few days later. Is it possible that you used the P4 mount instead of the replacement P4P mount I sent you?

I've sold many of these mounts and haven't had any reports of mine falling off either. Since they snap securely onto the landing gear, I'm not sure there would be a way for an undamaged mount to fall off.

Back in April when you purchased your mount from me, you accidentally purchased a P4 mount (which fits loosely on the P4P landing gear). I replaced your P4 mount with a P4P mount a few days later. Is it possible that you used the P4 mount instead of the replacement P4P mount I sent you?

No, I threw that one away since I mistakenly ordered the wrong one. You were very kind on sending me the correct one, no questions asked. I always do a pre-flight checklist with the drone, the mount looked fine and snug beforehand. I don't what happened? I told my neighbors to be on a lookout for it in their yards, I know it will probably be like finding a needle in a haystack!...lol

I always do a pre-flight checklist with the drone, the mount looked fine and snug beforehand. I don't what happened?
I don't know either. It's all very odd.

I'm going to send you a replacement mount and light today.

I don't know either. It's all very odd.

I'm going to send you a replacement mount and light today.
Wow, thank you Mike! I didn't expect that! I was just inquiring if anyone else had this issue, I know things just happen sometime. If I do find the lost one I am going to pay you for the new mount and light. You can see by my website it's more than a hobby and I'm meticulous about taking care of my equipment. www.buckscountydrones.com Thanks again, Keith

So do most mount lights pointing in all directions or just two; trying to figure out how many and how to mount.

Thinking I could mount one on left front at 45 degrees and one on right rear 45 degrees and should be seen from any direction approaching drone.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

So do most mount lights pointing in all directions or just two; trying to figure out how many and how to mount.

Thinking I could mount one on left front at 45 degrees and one on right rear 45 degrees and should be seen from any direction approaching drone.

I have to figure this out myself and check if the strobes are going to show up on stills/video...

Reactions: rvrrat14

I have to figure this out myself and check if the strobes are going to show up on stills/video...

I'll try to get some video tomorrow evening with the 45 degree mounts on. Sorry I can't do it tonight I've been slammed with another huge order from Carolina Dronz, should be done with it by tomorrow night.

I'll try to get some video tomorrow evening with the 45 degree mounts on. Sorry I can't do it tonight I've been slammed with another huge order from Carolina Dronz, should be done with it by tomorrow night.
I’m not thinking about your 45 degree Down mounts. I’m saying use your standard mount and twist them outboard 45 degrees where you can see the drone from the front or the left side; back or the right side.

Reactions: ryantrax
I have the white and red one's and after about 6 months of not flying the red one won't charge or even come on.

I had one that had white, green and red LEDs on one unit--that flashed at separate times that I used for the top of my drone. However, they weren't as bright as the others--and the red light stopped working. So I'm wanting to replace it with one like the others I use--with FOUR white LEDs per unit. Does anyone know what happened to that version; or is the Cree just not pictured correctly? I thought for sure I had crees; but the pictures I see are showing only one LED.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj