Strobe Location

I was just thinking of putting a strobe(s) on my P4 after the second time the coptor disconnected from the app and restarting the app had no effect whatsoever. I am still able to control the bird, but that's hard to do if you cant see it.

Having a strobe you could trigger in such cases would be invaluable, even in cases when you still have app connection but just want to see it, as it can be VERY hard to spot sometimes, as you know.

How are you folks triggering the strobe? I have put them on my home built quads and airplanes, but assigning them to a channel on a futaba radio is dead easy. How have you done it with the Phantom 4?

I was just thinking of putting a strobe(s) on my P4 after the second time the coptor disconnected from the app and restarting the app had no effect whatsoever. I am still able to control the bird, but that's hard to do if you cant see it.

Having a strobe you could trigger in such cases would be invaluable, even in cases when you still have app connection but just want to see it, as it can be VERY hard to spot sometimes, as you know.

How are you folks triggering the strobe? I have put them on my home built quads and airplanes, but assigning them to a channel on a futaba radio is dead easy. How have you done it with the Phantom 4?

No need to trigger it. Just turn it on before you take off. I got one of those $30 self-contained strobes on Amazon from Firehouse Technologies. It works great. Just have to remember to charge the battery.

No need to trigger it. Just turn it on before you take off. I got one of those $30 self-contained strobes on Amazon from Firehouse Technologies. It works great. Just have to remember to charge the battery.

I've already got a couple of the strobon models, I'd sooner have it on a switch so I could only turn in on when I want to see it.

glen_s using the strobon is one less thing to worry about. if you have a disconnection problem then the strobon is already on and flashing. no need to worry about switching something on etc as its already on

I'd still sooner be able to turn it on, especially flying in lower light conditions the strobe being constantly on would likely show up in the video. One way I could do it I suppose is to just velcro a receiver and small battery somewhere, plug the strobe in and have my Futaba radio close by to turn it on/off - but that's a bit of a pain. I just wish they'd put in an accessory plug you could program to one of the buttons on the radio.

OK, to me, personally, and just my opinion so please dont take any offence to what i say. the strobon cree led i use has a built in battery so its fully charged each time i use it and stick it on plus it is really really light. mine is red and i mount mine on the rear of my drone on back of the battery, never had any issue with led showing on videos etc. from what you say you are adding more weight than you need to. like i said just my opinion.

I'll probably end up doing that, adding the extra weight and carrying another radio around is a bit too much. On my other aircraft I have the red and green on the proper sides so when I'm unsure of orientation I just flick them on and I know exactly which way they're facing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT