Strange Error Code - Possible hardware failure?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a lightly flown (probably 3+hrs total) P2V+. When I connect it to the PH2 software, I receive a "Calibration Error" with no number associated. I have tried to recalibrate the compass, no joy. If I turn the bird on and it's sitting on a level surface I receive the steady red lights in back. However, if I hold it (or turn it) on it's side I receive flashing yellow lights as if it's trying to get a GPS signal (which it doesn't).

I am wondering if there's a possible hardware failure going on here? If so, which piece should I look at and replace (I have a complete replacements worth of parts).

Thanks

Have you tried a IMU calibration in vision software. check on your tube to see how to do it. The biggest thing is have the drone cool. when you your started the IMU calibration allot of the times it comes up with MC to hot. so turn off the drone and let it set for 15 minutes and have the software already running on your computer. so when you started the drone you can go right into the calibration. make sure the drone is on a flat surface. ( level).

I have ignored that MC too hot warning, or similar, all three times I calibrated my P2 since I got it in May '14.
The last calibration was done about 1.5 years ago. Last flew it about 1.5 days ago.

Have you tried a IMU calibration in vision software. check on your tube to see how to do it. The biggest thing is have the drone cool. when you your started the IMU calibration allot of the times it comes up with MC to hot. so turn off the drone and let it set for 15 minutes and have the software already running on your computer. so when you started the drone you can go right into the calibration. make sure the drone is on a flat surface. ( level).
I'll check it out the way you describe. I will say that the bird is cold. Haven't flown in days. I will however try out your suggestion. I'm just curious as to why I only get the error when the bird is on level ground upon start up, I lose the error when I tilt it. I'm thinking it might be the IMU unit itself (which one is that?). By the way, no, the rotors dont turn at all.

My initial thought that it was the compass, but since I'm really in the middle of nowhere, I've discounted the EMF causing it not to calibrate.

I'll check it out the way you describe. I will say that the bird is cold. Haven't flown in days. I will however try out your suggestion. I'm just curious as to why I only get the error when the bird is on level ground upon start up, I lose the error when I tilt it. I'm thinking it might be the IMU unit itself (which one is that?). By the way, no, the rotors dont turn at all.

My initial thought that it was the compass, but since I'm really in the middle of nowhere, I've discounted the EMF causing it not to calibrate.
the compress only really lets the drone know which way North is.
IMU I'm not sure but I would guess it built in to the Master control module

I have ignored that MC too hot warning, or similar, all three times I calibrated my P2 since I got it in May '14.
The last calibration was done about 1.5 years ago. Last flew it about 1.5 days ago.
any time I've started and advanced IMC calibration and it came up with too hot warning I'll chut down the drone and wait around 15 minutes and start it over again aqnd then it comes up telling me I need to do an advanced IMC calibration.

Flashing yellow lights are not the quad getting a GPS fix, does it pickup sats and get a lock or just sit and flash red all the time, my guess is the GPS puck may be faulty, have you had the lid off and checked for loose wires ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flashing yellow lights are not the quad getting a GPS fix, does it pickup sats and get a lock or just sit and flash red all the time, my guess is the GPS puck may be faulty, have you had the lid off and checked for loose wires ?

I started to pull the lid off the other day, it just got too dark for me to continue. I should have a chance in the next day or so. Loose wire was one of my first thought (given how the bird is acting).

Will let you know

I will get you an answer tomorrow. Didnt have time today to test it out. IF I remember correctly, it didnt get a GPS fix. Which one is the GPS puck?

Thanks

Could my issue be the black Naza module? If not, what other suggestions can you recommend?

I found the issue. It was the IMU needing to be calibrated. I've never had to do it before, and I was out "in the back country" so finding a spot that I felt comfortable allowing the calibration to happen wasn't an option. Thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions.

Reactions: phxbird57
I found the issue. It was the IMU needing to be calibrated. I've never had to do it before, and I was out "in the back country" so finding a spot that I felt comfortable allowing the calibration to happen wasn't an option. Thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions.

Dam IMU lol, glad you got it sorted mate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.