strange but true

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem. If you reset the camera settings it goes to 30 fps. When you go to record video it records for about 20 seconds and then stops. The camera at this point swings to the left all the way and slowly centers. At this point I switch to 24 fps and have no issues. I have several cameras and they all do it. Is this a firmware issue that DJI has blessed us with?
The other issue I see is that now it say to calibrate the IMU every time I start up. That message goes away when it is ready to fly. Again I see this on several P4's

Change to 24fps or update via beta firmware it will solve the problem its a known issue via latest update

Try Litchi. That also might solve that and several more from DJI GO. I’ve flown Litchi for a year and not bothered by firmware or any other update requirements!
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.

Try Litchi. That also might solve that and several more from DJI GO. I’ve flown Litchi for a year and not bothered by firmware or any other update requirements!
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.
Litchi won't fix firmware... litchi is software not firmware. I hope the OP didn't waste $25 trying your fix...

In my opinion, any amount spent on Litchi is money well spent!! I’ve used it for over a year with no problems and have not been required to do the useless updates in either software OR firmware so I consider my investment to have paid multi dividends countless times when GO users emerge grrounded by DJI updates, whether software or firmware!!! Just think, had EVERYONE switched when the mandatory updates started, no one would have a “bricked drone” and no one would be still grounded by the stupid restrictions that DJI imposed on “the others who remained ‘loyal’ to DJI”!
Sorry if I offended anyone but sometimes the truth stings a little and at other times it is hard to admit that this Chinese company that cares nothing (see customer service) about its customer base, and has no plans to try to improve ur ANY!!! (Again, see DJI Customer Setvice)
Jim
WA5TEF

In my opinion, any amount spent on Litchi is money well spent!! I’ve used it for over a year with no problems and have not been required to do the useless updates in either software OR firmware so I consider my investment to have paid multi dividends countless times when GO users emerge grrounded by DJI updates, whether software or firmware!!! Just think, had EVERYONE switched when the mandatory updates started, no one would have a “bricked drone” and no one would be still grounded by the stupid restrictions that DJI imposed on “the others who remained ‘loyal’ to DJI”!
Sorry if I offended anyone but sometimes the truth stings a little and at other times it is hard to admit that this Chinese company that cares nothing (see customer service) about its customer base, and has no plans to try to improve ur ANY!!! (Again, see DJI Customer Setvice)
Jim
WA5TEF
Don't be absurd. If DJI didn't care they wouldn't be #1 in consumer drones. They are constantly improving the drones, adding features, etc. And litchi has its own set of problems, it's not a unicorn.

Also, I neglected to note the fact of the FAULTY FIRMWARE that DJI required to avoid limits on flights! Think about it, surely there is not a conspiracy against DJI, being such a noble and totally honest company as they are (see customer service) that anyone would make up stories about them when the truth actually tells a lot more than any made up lie about this Chinese company that is so very “concerned” about their customer base that they would intentionally restrict their drones to less than that as advertised before the sale, then change the rules mid game?? Strange public relations indeed. And why, why would they initially reply Pilot Error to a crashed drone without ever looking at all the data first??? And also, why can’t they answer a simple question “Why did my P4 flip over and crash upside down”? They still won’t respond to that one!! WONSET WHY? Oh yeah, they can’t but it is still “Pilot Error, right”?

Rennet, DJI Customer Support will lie when simply telling the truth would be cheaper and easier? Oh, yeah. I forgot, Pilot Error again.
Jim
WA5TEF.

Also, I neglected to note the fact of the FAULTY FIRMWARE that DJI required to avoid limits on flights! Think about it, surely there is not a conspiracy against DJI, being such a noble and totally honest company as they are (see customer service) that anyone would make up stories about them when the truth actually tells a lot more than any made up lie about this Chinese company that is so very “concerned” about their customer base that they would intentionally restrict their drones to less than that as advertised before the sale, then change the rules mid game?? Strange public relations indeed. And why, why would they initially reply Pilot Error to a crashed drone without ever looking at all the data first??? And also, why can’t they answer a simple question “Why did my P4 flip over and crash upside down”? They still won’t respond to that one!! WONSET WHY? Oh yeah, they can’t but it is still “Pilot Error, right”?

Rennet, DJI Customer Support will lie when simply telling the truth would be cheaper and easier? Oh, yeah. I forgot, Pilot Error again.
Jim ... do you ever post about anything other than your beef with DJI?
It's getting beyond tedious. Give it a rest please.
If you have a problem with DJI, take it up with them - don't go over it again and again here.
I'll point you to something from our Community Rules
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Reactions: elhefe4
Don't be absurd. If DJI didn't care they wouldn't be #1 in consumer drones. They are constantly improving the drones, adding features, etc. And litchi has its own set of problems, it's not a unicorn.
Yeah, then simply explain WHY MY CRASH HAD GONE UNANSWERED FOR ALMOST A YEAR WITH DJI HIDING THE TRUTH??? Then try this, fly. a Phantom 4 up to 200 feet, command it flip over and power dive into the ground!!! It can’t be done if the drone had no issues but that is exactly what mine did in January but DJI CUSOMER SUPPORT declared it “Pilot Error”???? Now just explain that to me after almost a year how and why it occurred and get DJI to refund my repair cost to try to get my drone repaired quickly and I’ll afmit that DJI just might be concerned about their customer base!! I agree DJI makes a good product but their policies are continuing to show up every forum and customer service still is rotten. My mistake was the fact I checked out DJI and still bought one just hoping that I would not get caught up in the endless black hole called DJI CUSTOMER SUPPORT but I did and have never recovered!!! Anyone reading this and knows DJI policy of “first it’s Pilot Error and maybe they will shut up and go away” and will learn the truth once they have a firmware, software, or hardware crash and try to get warranty help that does not really exist.

Sorry if the truth about your livelihood is corrupt and lies to their customers but you really should start to consider the fact that DJI does make a great drone(s) but it’s reputation is taking its toll and is already
known worldwide as rotten and seldom takes its customers as legitiment and not just some USA redneck trying to get something for nothing!! We most always have a proper complaint and DJI’s policy that the customer is always wrong does not cut it most of the time!

Now DJI employee, while I have your attention and while you are determined to prove me wrong, please explain my above noted crash so I, a USA Redbeck can understand because I did submit proof to DJI this February that my P4 did invert and fly UPSIDE DOWN INTO THE GROUND!!! This only to be suggested to be a liar and was trying to get my drone fixed for free when all I really needed was for anyone who actually how a drone flew to simply explain how such an event was possible and yet no one could!!! for your information, I paid the repair price and was even allowed to follow my drone through the several steps of testing, repair and test flight and shipping only to get my drone switched out and get one that had IRS propeller lock springs removed (not left off but removed as they left the screws loosen). However it ONLY TOOK FIVE MORE WEEKS TO MAIL ME THESE THOUSAND DOLLAR PARTS that had been deliberately removed, and after I had to submit a video SHOEING THESE PARTS ACTUALLY MISSING!!! Wow, and you question me on whether Litchi is not needed after all these problems?? Then earn your pay for once and explain why my Phantom crashed and then I’ll shut up and quietly go away. But until you can honestly do this, or you ban me FTOM THUS SITE ONLY, I’ll keep telling the truth about dji’s customer Support and it’s well known buggy firmware!

So, for once, please tell me the truth!
Jim
WA5TEF

Jim ... what part of my post don't you understand?
It appears quite clear to me.
Then earn your pay for once and explain why my Phantom crashed and then I’ll shut up and quietly go away. But until you can honestly do this, or you ban me FTOM THUS SITE ONLY, I’ll keep telling the truth about dji’s customer Support and it’s well known buggy firmware!

So, for once, please tell me the truth!
You just don't get it do you?
I am not a DJI employee.
I pay for my drones like everyone else here.
Can you understand that?

Jim ... what part of my post don't you understand?
It appears quite clear to me.

You just don't get it do you?
I am not a DJI employee.
I pay for my drones like everyone else here.
Can you understand that?

That’s not the issue at all. Sure I can understand what you say but you dodge the questions just like DJI did when I caught them in the lies and after I sent proof that my crashe happened EXACTLY as I stated and no pilot error or any external influence caused the drone to flip over and crash! I sent video of the drone laying in the soft mud with four broken props and battery indicating about 85% charge disproving the first defensive response that the battery popped out because I didn’t install it properly. The audio track of the video clearly recorded the digital telementary from the drone proving it was still fully operational after the crash and videos taken 17 minutes of it flying after cleaning off the mud and grass and replacing four broken props! But DJI claims it was simply my pilot error and demanded payment for repairs that never happened! In other words if I wanted my drone back I had to pay up, which I did immediately which told DJI it was not their fault!

Then when they swapped drones on me because mine was not repairable, even after watching it daily being processed through their own supplied link, they junked it, or rather repaired it for the next fool to send one to them. The drone they sent me had the four prop locking springs removed so the props could not be fitted!!!!! I called immediately and after maybe ten minutes if trying to convince this yokel there that yes, the clips were really missing because SOMEONE GAD INTENTIONALLY REMOVED THEM as the screws were left loose! Then I had to send a video to this same yokel to actually prove that these terrible expensive parts were missing before he would immediately MAIL them to me. Then I had to call another ten to fifteen times to get someone to send me the parts and only after I started posting it on all the forums did I get a Moderatir to promise to send them to me, which she did about five days later but without those parts the drone was a stationary camera with its useless warranty ticking the year off.

So, defend that. Meta4!!!!! Bet you can’t as no one else had. They just disappear never to reply again I just hope enough flyers read these and the other 143 posts since February before they have to deal with DJI Customer service!
Jim
WA5TEF.

So, defend that. Meta4!!!!! Bet you can’t as no one else had. They just disappear never to reply again I just hope enough flyers read these and the other 143 posts since February before they have to deal with DJI Customer service!
jim ... I don't have to defend anything that DJI did ... they can do it for themselves.
You've just gone on and posted your rant two more times since I told you to give it a rest.
If you do it again, you'll get some warning points and time out to think about things.

Reactions: F3honda4me
jim ... I don't have to defend anything that DJI did ... they can do it for themselves.
You've just gone on and posted your rant two more times since I told you to give it a rest.
If you do it again, you'll get some warning points and time out to think about things.
So the way it works is if someone has a legitimate complaint and voices it so that when others begin to have similar customer service issues and it starts to show a pattern.. You get mad and close them down? Hmm.. Similar to the actual DJI forum huh??

Reactions: Droneboondocker
So the way it works is if someone has a legitimate complaint and voices it so that when others begin to have similar customer service issues and it starts to show a pattern.. You get mad and close them down? Hmm.. Similar to the actual DJI forum huh??
Look at his posting record here.
For months all he posts is the same rant.
According to him, 143 posts since February, on and on, in contravention of the rules.
I'm tired of reading it, others have complained about it so I've told him what the situation is.
And he gets narky at me because he thinks I'm a DJI employee.
You sort him out if you feel so sympathetic.

Reactions: WBN3 and F3honda4me
Well it's not so much feeling sympathetic, but if my $1100.00 P4 simply flipped and powered to the ground and it clearly done so with no possible way a user could control I would probably have a continuing rant as well. But I haven't followed his story and don't know all the details.

Well that went sideways fast
I suspect not before time. As @Meta4 has noted above, Jim's tirade against DJI service has been steaming along since early this year and I seem to remember being part of the original posse trying to round up a solution for him. Clearly he wasn't satisfied with the response from DJI and hence the almost fanatically driven negative campaign. Myself, including a number of others have tried to post reasoned responses to give new members to the the forum a chance to make balanced choices when flying for the first time.
FWIW, Litchi for me has had as many issues as the GO app and I just get on with it and no, I don't work for DJI either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94