Still getting constant "Strong Interference detected" warnings.

All of this discussion would stand for further clarification from DJI re;

1. Does Go report interference specifically on the channel that the controller/aircraft are currently using, or sources an all the channels in the 24 GHZ space?

2. At what point does the app decide the interference is strong enough to warrant popping the warning?

3. How much margin is there between the warning and actual problems with the drone communications?

4. What is the nature of the effect of interference? Is it slowing the communications down as function of the ratio between the drone signal strength and the interference signal strength, or a go/no go of communication? The answer to this question will provide some answers on how reliable the RTH function will be. If it is a go/no go, RTH should work fine after comms fail for 3 sec. If it is a dramatic slow down, RTH may not kick in at all, and you won't have real time control of the aircraft - bye bye birdie.

All good points, to which I would add:

5. Who said in the first place that the message is only about congestion in the 2.4GHz band? Maybe it's also/only about the 5.8GHz band...

6. Is the interference detected by the AC or RC?

7. While I take these reports with caution, there are people claiming they are literally plagued by this message even when they are in the middle of nowhere. Personally, I rarely get these warnings, even when flying in areas with plenty of Wi-Fi networks. This, to say: are there some units (AC/RC) that are more sensitive than others?

Long story short: without knowing much about why/what/where/when, I take this message for what it is, a warning. I always fly under the assumption that I could lose signal (which means to make sure that the Home Point got set correctly, and the RTH height is adequate), so the few times I got it, I basically ignored it. For this reason, I don't see much value in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rustyfsa
yeah its just keeps you on your toes a bit I guess, but they are getting annoying now lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart