Still getting constant "Strong Interference detected" warnings.

Reaction score
All the time with my P3S with DJI go app, but not seeing any degradation in control. Is this just a software thing? is there a fix? It is annoying and distracting.

I had the same problem with constant error messages when I first got my phantom. Something like "strong interference, fly with caution at great distances". Even at short distances. lol. I believe it was after a firmware update that they seemed to disappear. But I shortly after started using litchi. Which in my opinion is less buggy then the go app and you get waypoints.

I had the same problem with constant error messages when I first got my phantom. Something like "strong interference, fly with caution at great distances". Even at short distances. lol. I believe it was after a firmware update that they seemed to disappear. But I shortly after started using litchi. Which in my opinion is less buggy then the go app and you get waypoints.
There is not issue with the phantom... I tested this when I went to a soccer field... never been there before and whatever I moved in in that field there was a strong interference detected. I powered off the aircraft and powered back on, same issue. Them I moved to another field with a river... half of mile away. The strong interference was gone and was able to flight my bird. There is definitely something going on in that soccer field.

I seem to get them often don't pay much attention to them now, guess its cried wolf to much now.
it was a little unsettling to start with but it should come back if it all goes south Fingers crossed

I'm getting this message too it's distracting as hell!
Nothing ever seems to happen to the craft maintains perfect control etc but it's really driving me mad!
I was starting to think it was my phantom but now I'm thinking it's maybe a software/firmware issue!
Anyone got an fixes still using the DJI GO app?

Last edited:
is it wifi interference its referring to?, surely the control side is tight enough

Is litchi free I'm new to drones I just got a P3S last week

I think it's $25, there are some good videos that explain the app on YouTube. For the standard I think it's worth every penny

Last edited:
I get it too. You will get the Strong interference detected error any time you are flying near civilization. It's because there are lots of radio devices like wifi, cellular towers close to you. Once you arent near those you won't get the error.

I get it too. You will get the Strong interference detected error any time you are flying near civilization. It's because there are lots of radio devices like wifi, cellular towers close to you. Once you arent near those you won't get the error.
I got it in a big open soccer field that look like a park.

I got it in a big open soccer field that look like a park.

You still have cell towers everywhere. When I send my drone up I can point out 30 of them, 10 in a 2x2 city block area. Each tower has a 22-45km range. Now the thing is you do not need to be 22-45km away from a cell tower to stop getting strong interference warnings. It may be just 2km until the cell tower signal isnt strong enough to trigger a warning, but I don't know the exact distance.

Reactions: macoman
You still have cell towers everywhere. When I send my drone up I can point out 30 of them, 10 in a 2x2 city block area. Each tower has a 22-45km range. Now the thing is you do not need to be 22-45km away from a cell tower to stop getting strong interference warnings. It may be just 2km until the cell tower signal isnt strong enough to trigger a warning, but I don't know the exact distance.
But how you explain that I went less than half a mile away to a lake park and there is not interference of any kind. Very strange to me.

But how you explain that I went less than half a mile away to a lake park and there is not interference of any kind. Very strange to me.

You may have been 1.5km from the closest tower and then you moved further away from the closest tower to the other location and at the second distance the cell tower wasn't strong enough to trigger the warning.

You may have been 1.5km from the closest tower and then you moved further away from the closest tower to the other location and at the second distance the cell tower wasn't strong enough to trigger the warning.
These cell towers are really dangerous for drones that are very sensitive like the phantoms with all their sensors inside.

I get them randomly as well. I don't pay much attention to them anyways because you can't fly very far anyways with the Standard...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31