State Farm Drone Insurance

Reaction score
I read that it here first, and its true. State Farm covered my Phantom 4 under their Personal Articles Policy for $60 a year. Covers repair or replacemet due to Fire, Theft, or Accident. No deductable no depreciation. You do not have to have an existing policy coverimg anything else. It is a seperate and its own policy so it wont effect your car or home insurance rates if you have to file a claim. It covers the Drone, battery(s) and case. In my case up to $1,300.00

I read that it here first, and its true. State Farm covered my Phantom 4 under their Personal Articles Policy for $60 a year. Covers repair or replacemet due to Fire, Theft, or Accident. No deductable no depreciation. You do not have to have an existing policy coverimg anything else. It is a seperate and its own policy so it wont effect your car or home insurance rates if you have to file a claim. It covers the Drone, battery(s) and case. In my case up to $1,300.00

Was this an add-on to your home owner's policy or did they write you a standalone policy just for your Phantom?

Was this an add-on to your home owner's policy or did they write you a standalone policy just for your Phantom?
I have my home and auto insured with a different company. State Farm wrote the policy to cover my Phantom and Marco Polo for $1630. The premium was $60 for the year, 0 deductible. How can you beat that!

Last edited:
I have my home and auto insured with a different company. They wrote the policy to cover my Phantom and Marco Polo for $1630. The premium was $60 for the year, 0 deductible. How can you beat that!

Definitely worth giving my local agent a call...thanks for the tip!

Reactions: jbolf6
For anyone else wondering, I checked with State Farm in Minnesota - they do offer this, I was quoted $30/year for my P4. Liability would be covered under a homeowner's or renter's insurance policy. I'm all in on this . . .

Reactions: Bassplayer838
Here in WV a local State Farm agent is telling me that I must have a homeowners policy as the personal articles policy is an add on. :(

Reactions: DonnieM304

I did it, exactly the same for my P4P.

Trying to get insurance on my p3p in Charleston SC. Since it was a second hand purchase I need to get an appraisal of the drone. Anyone know where I can get one?

I am on the way to State Farm to get this insurance. Awesome deal. Now if I could figure out my serial #'s I would be golden

I just called two different agents and they aren't willing to do it :/
Well I signed up yesterday they insured my P3A and all my camera equipment for $63 per year. $900 in drone coverage and $2600 in camera coverage. I have to admit it was a lot of work the the agent to document all the serial #'s. Just the drone is not that much work. I would try a couple more agents if I were you. If its offered in your state. I would call State Farm corporate and report the agents that refused to write your policy. That is unless you have a history of a lot of claims from them or other insurance companies. They do check you out whenever they write a policy and some people State Farm will not cover. Specifically if you've had a history of frivolous claims or a DWI. If not I would not take no for an answer keep working on it till you get some coverage.

Trying to get insurance on my p3p in Charleston SC. Since it was a second hand purchase I need to get an appraisal of the drone. Anyone know where I can get one?
I insured my used drone with State Farm yesterday. I provided the order information from Ebay and a replacement cost estimate by printing out similar systems on Amazon. They took that and I am fully covered to replace the items if need be at full price. I also physically took in my drone so they could see it and they know you own it and its condition.

The agent I was going through has said they needed an appraisal but was unaware of where to find someone who was qualified to give it.

Here in WV a local State Farm agent is telling me that I must have a homeowners policy as the personal articles policy is an add on. :(
Well I would try another agent. I have all my other insurance with American Family and they wrote my Personal Items Policy separate. Its not a rider on homeowners. Some agents do not want to do the work to write the policy for the small premium involved. Call a few more agents or call State Farm Corporate office and find out who manages the agents in your area so you can complain about it. Its possible your State is different but I doubt it.

The agent I was going through has said they needed an appraisal but was unaware of where to find someone who was qualified to give it.
All they should need is the replacement cost. Find a similar drone on Amazon and print it out for them. Don't you have a receipt for when you bought your drone? Like I said I just screen captured my Ebay order page and printed it out. I got my P3A a extra battery and a hard case. I printed out a similar package from Amazon with a case and extra battery. Thats all I needed. They cover REPLACEMENT cost. So all they should need is what a new drone cost is. They may want proof you own the drone though. Take it in and show the agent.

All they should need is the replacement cost. Find a similar drone on Amazon and print it out for them. Don't you have a receipt for when you bought your drone? Like I said I just screen captured my Ebay order page and printed it out. I got my P3A a extra battery and a hard case. I printed out a similar package from Amazon with a case and extra battery. Thats all I needed. They cover REPLACEMENT cost. So all they should need is what a new drone cost is. They may want proof you own the drone though. Take it in and show the agent.
They also must have the serial # off of the drone. They MUST have that.

The Serial# is shown on the box that it came in. I don't think it is on the exterior of the drone. I think the shell needs to be opened to find the serial# of the drone. Don't mistake giving them the camera/gimbal serial#.

Another verification that State Farm now offers coverage (Ohio). Stopped by my local agent to get the particulars today and one of the agents had actually heard of it and pending a bit more info from the home office, the policy would indeed be a separate "Personal Items" policy at $60.00/yr. Covers the Phantom only, but since I'l probably re-join the AMA with my old number, that would cover liabilities.

Reactions: BoneThrower13
Hey all. New here and a new phantom owner... But that's awesome.. Vie been reading up on this... I live in wv and am going to check into this.. I have nationwide insurance for my car and home. I wonder if they would offer it for my p3s? Would be nice BC in always forking out money for insurance and have never had a accident or filed any claim.. I have been planning on calling them Monday and if its a no go then I may contact a local state farm and see if I could get coverage on my phantom only or something. If anyone knows of any companies other than state farm let me know PLz and thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers