Insurance

Will State Farm cover a commercial bird or is their insurance for recreational only?

State Farm will insure your drone the problem is that a lot of the agents are assholes and will only insure your drone if you switch over to them for coverage on your home and car. Call around you will find the one honest agent that will just insure your drone. I had the same problem so I called another agent in the neighboring state and he told me that they can insure just the drone, and keep calling around. It was to his dismay that several of the agents stated you needed to switch your insurance.

Thankfully I don't flight over any private property or even close to people. I always do flight over water or in a public park when there is not people around or the people is far away. I don't need liability policy, I will like an insurance that cover my drone in case of falling down and crashing.

What happens if you have a fly away and it causes injury or damage? I don't have liability insurance but i am looking for some.

I just got insurance on my 4Pro. State Farm. Thank you for the suggestion to try a different agent. No problem with him. He says this policy is available in the continental US. When they rolled the program out a few months ago they tried it in 5 states. I chose $1200 coverage. No deductible. $33 per year. If I had increased the coverage to $1500 it would have been $41 per year. He wrote the policy on the phone. I gave him a credit card number and I was immediately covered. Hope that helps somebody else out.

The policy in NC is $60 year for $3000 coverage, no deductible, covers theft, crash, fly away's. You can put many other things on the policy. I have my P4 & accessories, my Nikon DSLR & accessories, my firearms, jewelry, etc.... They will not cover your tablet you use with the drone unfortunately.

Never hear about phantom 3 standard flying away.
Most 'fly-aways' you do hear about aren't really true fly-aways at all, they're user error or panick mistakes by those that do not know how to fly a quadcopter. True fly-aways are rare and were much more common in the past (think P2 days.) Typically, issues that are falsely labeled as such are the end result of poor decision making by the operator...
"Oh, I shouldn't fly near that transmitter tower? Oh, the 60 mph winds on the ocean beach were too much for my incredible Phantom at 400'?" :rolleyes:

Reactions: macoman
Anyone one know of a French or European company that does insurance for damage or written off drone for this sort of money. I have liability cover as part of my house insurance but would love separate cover for the drone itself.

$50 a year for $1,000 of coverage through State Farm here in Connecticut. Hope I never need it.
Oh, and I don't have auto insurance through them either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl