Start again

cwt

Reaction score
Hi folks. after moving and renovation drone flying has been bottom of my to do list. I've got my phantom 3 professional out today, fully charged remote and batteries.
Plugged it into I pad that it ran from before and wouldn't display camera view, just displays how to connect.
Deleted app and started again, paired remote with craft, remote showed green light and could move gimbal up/ down but still no camera option on app.
Did firmware update onto SD card and left craft for 1 hour, it appeared to be updating making noises, moving gimbal etc.
Now remote won't pair with craft. Remote light blinks fast between red/green and app still has no acknowledgement of anything. Tried iPad and Android phone.
When I go into app I can view all my old saved flights.
I don't know where I am with it all and wondered if there was some factory reset and could start again as if I had just got it out of the box.
Thanks.

So if it was working all OK when you put it away, why do updates etc?
I guess the first place to start is what firmware are you running on the RC/AC now? I'm no expert but have a P3A so similar to yours. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here to help......

Yep,, sounds like a firmware mismatch between rc and ac. The no image transmission on your device is likely due to long period of time between power up. The nand chip lost its memory. It happens a lot with the P3P model.

Yep,, sounds like a firmware mismatch between rc and ac. The no image transmission on your device is likely due to long period of time between power up. The nand chip lost its memory. It happens a lot with the P3P model.
[/Q
What's the answer to get it going?

As I said previously cwt, what firmware have you got installed on the AC and RC?

So when you turn on the RC and plug in your iPad, can you run the Go App? If you can you should be able to go into the menu and see what firmware you're running on the RC.
Frome home screen, tap the three bars at the top right of screen..............
IMG_7824.jpg

Scroll down to last option - "About" and tap that.............

IMG_7825.jpg

Then you should see the firmware version for the RC and the App version......

IMG_7826.jpg

if
So when you turn on the RC and plug in your iPad, can you run the Go App? If you can you should be able to go into the menu and see what firmware you're running on the RC.
Frome home screen, tap the three bars at the top right of screen..............
View attachment 119404

Scroll down to last option - "About" and tap that.............

View attachment 119405

Then you should see the firmware version for the RC and the App version......

View attachment 119406
I can get DJI go app up but it won't connect to AC or RC. All I have is previous flights from years ago

Sounds like the upgrade has broken the pairing between RC and AC. Try pairing again:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: cwt
How to reset RC in writing............
Have the controller OFF. Press and hold down C1+C2+red record button (top left) + right wheel button in (top right).
Somehow turn the controller ON and keep holding the four buttons for about 5 seconds.
now release - the controller should be reset.

Now you need to relink the RC to the AC..........

Turn RC and AC ON
Press the link button (14) on the AC - it will blink RED when AC is ready to link
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.14.00.jpg

Press C1 and C2 and the RED record button on the RC - the RC should BEEP.
Let go C1 & C2 and press the RH side wheel - the first (LH) light on the RC will turn BLUE and the RC will constantly BEEP _ . . _ . . _ . . (D in morse)
The RC will stop b beeping and the link light will turn GREEN if linking is successful.

Reactions: cwt
Perhaps this post will help:

How are you getting on CWT?
Any success?

Funnily enough I thought I'd had a problem with the latest AC firmware, 1.11.20 and had downgraded to an earlier version, so was surprised to find that I am in fact running it and, touch wood, everything has been very stable.

IMG_7826.jpg

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic