Sport mode

Reaction score
My son took the sticks yesterday and flew it like a maniac untill I managed to regain the controller! Blimey this P4 is fast and reactive.
Anyway, my question is:
Can flying a phantom 4 in sport mode aggressively cause damage to motors/props or even a crash (not collision)?

My son took the sticks yesterday and flew it like a maniac untill I managed to regain the controller! Blimey this P4 is fast and reactive.
Anyway, my question is:
Can flying a phantom 4 in sport mode aggressively cause damage to motors/props or even a crash (not collision)?
No ,,I fly hard in sport mode and put it through its paces,,very hard turns aswell never hard any issue,it's dead now but going for another one,it's a great drone,,ps died from free fall (batt error),,got 1039 flights and was good till I insert bad batt,,,,,,just have to add if flying hard on occasion always check prop locks or upgrade them to p4p ones,,they have spring set up and much better and they cheap......also going to add turn off obstical avoidence if want to go faster,only good at low level ..nothing to hit up there,,sometime the sun can trigger it and give strange warnings and sometime stop in flight and leave you thinking what up:) it's also good to know what your phantom capable of,,very agile machine or very gentle

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sorted of worried that in windy conditions for example, if you were to turn as sharp as possible that it may be possible to flip the P4. (or damage a prop)
I'm just one of those paranoid worriers I think!

Anyway, my question is:
You can't fly it harder than the designers allowed it to go with the parameters they set for the flight controller.
As long as it's just pushing against air, it should be fine ... and it's not going to flip.

There was some discussion about being a possible cause of the battery dislodging. It wasn’t meant to be a racing drone and the stress could aggravate design flaws. The phantoms have shell cracking and battery disconnect problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl