Sport mode speed restricted by firmware..

Reaction score
I was having a few issues with how the CS display was running and decided to update the P4P's firmware from .406 to .506 and one thing I noticed right off the bat was I couldn't go faster then 26-28 mph in Sport mode with OA disabled once I rolled back the FW I was able to fly normal speeds again (mid 40's) I just thought I'd pass this little tidbit along.
A question though on a different matter in my flight records all previous flights were recorded by "Date" but these last few flights are being recorded by the "Time" I launched is there any way to fix this in the settings...

my flight records all previous flights were recorded by "Date" but these last few flights are being recorded by the "Time" I launched is there any way to fix this in the settings...
You can sort the flight records any way you want.
Tap the top of the column you want to sort by.
Tap it again to reverse the order

When you update firmware you will need to re-set all your personal preferences settings as well, as they default to factory settings with the new FW. Look under Main Controller Settings--Multiple Flight Modes, and make sure they are selected to ON.

You can sort the flight records any way you want.
Tap the top of the column you want to sort by.
Tap it again to reverse the order

Look at the top two they’re time stamped and the rest are date stamped , they’re mixed .
The top one are with me using the CS display(Ultra) I had a (High briteness) but I returned it cause after I updated the firmware in it it stopped recording flight records so I’m staying with the firmware that was shipped with the CS but this is the only thing I noticed that’s “not right”
IMG_0513.jpg

When you update firmware you will need to re-set all your personal preferences settings as well, as they default to factory settings with the new FW. Look under Main Controller Settings--Multiple Flight Modes, and make sure they are selected to ON.
Yes I went thru all my settings but this is different

I don't know for sure but check those flight recordings tomorrow and see if they don't switch the date stamp. May be possible your most recent flights in the same day are time-stamped but once you enter the next day on the flight records and may switch to date stamp. Kind of like emails and text messages will do the same thing.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
I don't know for sure but check those flight recordings tomorrow and see if they don't switch the date stamp. May be possible your most recent flights in the same day are time-stamped but once you enter the next day on the flight records and may switch to date stamp. Kind of like emails and text messages will do the same thing.
Yes your correct that's how it works, it changed to " Yesterday"this morning and I'm guessing tomorrow it'll be dated..

Look at the top two they’re time stamped and the rest are date stamped , they’re mixed .
The top one are with me using the CS display(Ultra) I had a (High briteness) but I returned it cause after I updated the firmware in it it stopped recording flight records so I’m staying with the firmware that was shipped with the CS but this is the only thing I noticed that’s “not right”View attachment 99082
On your screen cap.....Mine used to give the county that i was droning in...Now for quite some time.....i Only See "map loading" like a few upper ones in YOURS...why is it that way now........I loved it when it listed the county and have i done some thing to change that ?

On your screen cap.....Mine used to give the county that i was droning in...Now for quite some time.....i Only See "map loading" like a few upper ones in YOURS...why is it that way now........I loved it when it listed the county and have i done some thing to change that ?
Hmm, on my end that looks like a Droid thing I just checked my flight records on the CS which is the photo above which has the "map loading" location listed which after checking where I launched at was either a City park or a location within the city , and if I launched within a County Park it would be listed as Hudson County
On my IOS flight records things were a little different sometimes County Parks were listed as the town they were located in sometimes just the County but NEVER listed as " Map Loading" that I only see on the CS

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Mines been the same for a while now.
I haven't updated for about 18 months so it's not that?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
With all the negative reports on here about firmware problems why does anyone risk possible restrictions of new firmware? I’m still flying with firmware from November 2016 but I’m flying only with Litchi.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Phill2 and KCadby
I was having a few issues with how the CS display was running and decided to update the P4P's firmware from .406 to .506 and one thing I noticed right off the bat was I couldn't go faster then 26-28 mph in Sport mode with OA disabled once I rolled back the FW I was able to fly normal speeds again (mid 40's) I just thought I'd pass this little tidbit along.
A question though on a different matter in my flight records all previous flights were recorded by "Date" but these last few flights are being recorded by the "Time" I launched is there any way to fix this in the settings...
I just noticed yesterday that I couldn't fly as fast in sport mode but I downgraded to 509 awhile ago and haven’t changed anything since. Except maybe turning off OA because it gives more speed in P-GPS Mode. Could it be that it turning it off limits the speed in Sport? Maybe it’s documented somewhere. I’ll have to peruse the manual again. I could always fly it and rest it. But I guess it’s always a good idea to re-RTFM once in awhile. ;)

I just noticed yesterday that I couldn't fly as fast in sport mode but I downgraded to 509 awhile ago and haven’t changed anything since. Except maybe turning off OA because it gives more speed in P-GPS Mode. Could it be that it turning it off limits the speed in Sport? Maybe it’s documented somewhere. I’ll have to peruse the manual again. I could always fly it and rest it. But I guess it’s always a good idea to re-RTFM once in awhile. ;)
It sure as I've only had. P4p 2 weeks/ but I do remember reading something about having OA on limits Sports mode- or the speed at least.
Or was it if you go to Sports mode, you don't have OA...?

It sure as I've only had. P4p 2 weeks/ but I do remember reading something about having OA on limits Sports mode- or the speed at least.
Or was it if you go to Sports mode, you don't have OA...?
That is correct sport mode no OA

That is correct sport mode no OA
Thanks. Just verified that with the manual.

Then why no 45MPH in sport mode?

Edit: NVM. Maybe I had a headwind yesterday. I just took a short flight. Got to almost 40MPH on the way out and about 42 or so on the way back. If I had a headwind in the way out then I thought I’d beat 45 on the way back. But I don’t think it’s as bad as yesterday. I wasn’t getting over 28. But I think that was independent of direction. I’ll have to keep my eyes out for this behavior.

Last edited:
I dun no !!

I rolled the FW back to.406 and its fine

With all the negative reports on here about firmware problems why does anyone risk possible restrictions of new firmware? I’m still flying with firmware from November 2016 but I’m flying only with Litchi.
Jim
WA5TEF
Because I was having trouble with the CS display and wanted to see if updating the aircrafts FW would've corrected it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl