Speed Limit and Active Track Questions

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out what I can do with the DJI GO app before moving over to something like Litchi or Autopilot. I'm flying a P4 with the latest firmware and v2.8.0 of the GO app.

I was using Follow-Me the other day flying over water and tracking a boat I was riding in. It's clear from the logs that DJI has imposed a Follow-Me speed limit of 6 m/s in that mode and it was way too slow. If I disable obstacle avoidance, will that remove or at least increase the speed limit (I plan on testing this, but thought I'd ask).

With respect to Active Track, here's the situation. The boat (65' long and mostly white) was well offshore and there was good contrast with the color of the water. Although I could highlight the boat and the onscreen box kept track of the boat, it never changed from red to green, gave me the "GO" option or actually controlled the yaw and gimbal angle. There was an onscreen message something like "cannot track object". The P4 was above 15m when I tried to engage and I increased the height to 25m without any change.

I eventually gave up and did other cool things, but any thoughts as to why Active Track wouldn't engage?

Attachments

• vlcsnap-error932.png
    vlcsnap-error932.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 745
  • vlcsnap-error178.png
    vlcsnap-error178.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 708
I've had the exact same issue when trying to track cars, although I've seen it at speeds up to 15mph, the average seems to be around 7-8 when tracking. I don't need high speed, I can always adjust in post, but at least 25mph is required for the desired effect. Pretty frustrating since the drone is able to do 45 mph in "S" mode. If anyone has an app that is better at tracking at higher speeds, I'd love to know about it. Similar results with Litchi, I have to manually fly it and track the faster moving object in "S" mode. Both apps track a human walking or jogging quite easily.

I have used Litchi on the P3 to follow me up to 35mph.

I use the leash feature. Not the same as Active Track, but I guess it works at higher speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers