Speed error, compass error and crash.

Hi.

While going through some camera settings i had the drone hovering about 1m Above ground. I did not touch the controls so the issue is not the cause of bad piloting. While hovering i got "compass error" and then it took of sideways really fast. It was about to hit a wall so i tried to set it down straight. But due to the speed it tilted, props touched the ground and then it flipped upside down. It was dancing around there for a second before i managed to shut it down. Props are damaged but the drone looks aldright. Lucky me i guess...

Uploaded flight log and could see that a "speed error" warning has been recorded just before it got freaky. Any suggestions to what caused the speed error and what it means? Another good question is why it after later getting "compass error" took off at full speed?!?!

Sad day and as i've said before. I'm loosing fate in this product. Had so many weird things happening to it so i dont even get worked up about it any more. Clearly the tech is not good enough yet...

My 4 year old P3P finally went wacko today. Flew it away from me at 25 feet altitude, let go and hovered, suddenly tilted to my right and crashed. AIRDATA output:

P3P 11272018.JPG

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

@LUISMARTINEZ ...When we see the aircraft data from your other thread on the same issue we can most likely confirm what happened. For now, as was stated before, there is no evidence of any anomoly other than the compass error at the end of the flight then loss of data transmission. Which would not cause the final result as stated.

@LUISMARTINEZ ...When we see the aircraft data from your other thread on the same issue we can most likely confirm what happened. For now, as was stated before, there is no evidence of any anomoly other than the compass error at the end of the flight then loss of data transmission. Which would not cause the final result as stated.
Is there any speculation on why the data recording/transmission stopped? This has been mentioned many times but not really questioned as far as ive seen. Is there a common issue that could have caused all of this together?

The "anomaly" was that the bird took an uncommanded dive into the ground.

The "anomaly" was that the bird took an uncommanded dive into the ground.
I agree again but you keep repeating the same statement over and over again and are not providing the data to support that. If it is not possible for you to get that supporting data, then that is fine. Otherwise we will need to see the remainder of the data to confirm, deny or otherwise see what the issue was. What is it that you don't seem to understand? I am all ears....

Is there a common issue that could have caused all of this together?
Not really. It was either pilot error in ATTI mode, a catastrophic failure, or a lost prop at this point. But without the AC .dat...it is all speculation.

Not really. It was either pilot error in ATTI mode, a catastrophic failure, or a lost prop at this point. But without the AC .dat...it is all speculation.
The data shows exactly what the drone did, took an uncommanded dump to the ground. I was there. Thanks for the input.

The data shows exactly what the drone did, took an uncommanded dump to the ground.
I beg to differ with that comment, but In that instance would you care to share the data that exhibits that? There is nothing in the data you posted anyplace that exhibits anything like you are suggesting. The stream ends as the aircraft pitched up in a normal stop mode when you released the throttle. That's it. It is the same in 3 different .csv files.

I beg to differ with that comment, but In that instance would you care to share the data that exhibits that? There is nothing in the data you posted anyplace that exhibits anything like you are suggesting. The stream ends as the aircraft pitched up in a normal stop mode when you released the throttle. That's it. It is the same in 3 different .csv files.
Differ all you want to. "The stream ends as the aircraft pitched up in a normal stop mode when you released the throttle. " Yes I know and that's all you can state with any degree of assurance. If you are inferring this was pilot error you are wrong. I think we beat this dead horse long enough.

If you are inferring this was pilot error you are wrong.
I was not inferring anything of the sort. In Post#27 you were adamant that the data showed exactly what the aircraft did. As stated before, there is nothing to show the last few seconds of the flight following the pitch up stop. And as I said previously, the compass and speed errors will not cause what you are describing. Once the aircraft goes in to ATTI mode, it will attempt to hold it's position but will drift with any wind. Compass error or not, that is what happens. If you really want to know, pull the aircraft .dat file. Unless there was a catostrophic power failure before the incident you describe the data will be there. That is all I am attempting to relay to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12