Special effect footage Litchi

Wonderful video-great flying- fabulous editing. What program do you use? I'd love to be able to do that. I am assuming you locked in your courses on Litchi...flew them in
daylight and then nighttime, then merge edited them over one another??
Yes that's exactly how I did it. Thanks for your comment.

Just so you know, your work is appreciated here on the other side of the pond as well.
Having no experience with editing videos, I am very impressed, and a bit mystified by the exact transition (altitude and position) from day to night, and back.

Just so you know, your work is appreciated here on the other side of the pond as well.
Having no experience with editing videos, I am very impressed, and a bit mystified by the exact transition (altitude and position) from day to night, and back.
Thanks for your generous comment. The flight was pre programmed with waypoints in Litchi, this video could not have been achieved with it. It's similar to the film industries' motion control rigs, where the camera movements, and angles are controlled by a computer so the scene can be shot over and over, certain parts of that scene can be then changed as desired then edited together for a seamless clip. Lot's of things can be achieved with this technique. I'm glad you liked it, and thanks again.

Beautiful footage! It's certainly inspired me, for it's my target now to produce something as good. I presume it was Litchi that allowed you to fly the same route so accurately. I have in mind something similar by the river in my home town... while I love the idea of the day and night metamorphoses, I'd like to capture the change between the seasons. So watch this space in a year or so's time!
Tony.

Awesome day to night transition. Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
thanks glad you liked it
Beautiful footage! It's certainly inspired me, for it's my target now to produce something as good. I presume it was Litchi that allowed you to fly the same route so accurately. I have in mind something similar by the river in my home town... while I love the idea of the day and night metamorphoses, I'd like to capture the change between the seasons. So watch this space in a year or so's time!
Tony.
I will look forward to it.

Brilliant (not the music lol) great steady shooting and seamless edits from day to night
nice work

Hi Guys I thought I would share some experimental footage I took a couple of week ago using Litchi.
It's my first time posting here I hope I've put this in the correct place.

Wow! Really cool video. The part where the carnival rides light up is really satisfying haha. I'm new to the hobby and I've read that flying at night is restricted in some instances here in California. Is it only for commercial use or for every one? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance...

Wow! Really cool video. The part where the carnival rides light up is really satisfying haha. I'm new to the hobby and I've read that flying at night is restricted in some instances here in California. Is it only for commercial use or for every one? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance...
Thanks for your comment mate. As for the laws in the US I have no idea, there is np night time restrictions here as far as I am aware. Glad you liked it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub