soon to be owner of a p3A, p3P or P4 - phone question

Reaction score
I believe I will be a phantom owner shortly, likely a phantom 3 advanced, pro or a 4.

My phone is an iPhone 6 and for short term I plan on using that to fly it.

My question is the phone is provided by work and goes to sleep after 5 minutes. Will the phone, while in use, receive constant feedback to prevent it from going to sleep? Some apps do keep it active, like Waze so hoping the phone doesn't go dark/lose contact while flying.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

The dji app will keep running whilst you are using it. I'd get rid of any apps running in the background and switch off auto updates.

thanks for the responses, will be pulling the trigger today, likely an Amazon (from DJI) package with extra battery and lots of extras.

Worth $200 more for a 4 vs. 3 pro or advanced?

can you get dji care even if you buy new through Amazon (SSE) or from Costco?

I'm assuming as a first time drone owner I would want DJI care, correct?

Last edited:
Yes, you can purchase DJI Care directly from DJI even if you purchase your Phantom elsewhere. Check out the DJI Care FAQ for more details about it and to see if it's a good fit for you.

purchased the 4 (not 4p) today in a bundle with an extra battery, extra props, the gray foam case (doesn't look like the greatest) , the 32 gb card, gimbal lock, lens cover, landing gear stabilizers (needed?) and a few other things. Thanks for those that answered questions today. Christmas will be the beginning for me.

Will be using ultimately over water (lake) to capture video of me and friends hydrofoiling. Christmas to ~ May or June to practice flying and get comfortable before taking it over water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.