Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

It's when you need to bring it home in ATTI mode on a breezy day that the time spent with the $29 mini will pay off.
I agree. Flying a cheap drone ( in house!) is much more difficult, but will train you reflexes and skills.

Practice flying squares and 8's in a open field.
By very cautious your first flights. Many crashes have occurred because OPs became overconfident.

ps I have a Samsung S6 edge. This works great for DJI GO.
I rarely calibrate the compass. Only if needed (after an update).
If you want a larger screen, try to get hold of Nvidea Shield tablet.

Reactions: mikesmiley
I'm starting to think that I should just use my galaxy s7 edge since I have GPS and data. Guess I'll try both the iPad 2 and galaxy s7 edge and see which one works best for me. The drone is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait!

Just received my drone. Currently charging the batteries. Nown how do I update this thing?

Just received my drone. Currently charging the batteries. Nown how do I update this thing?

Download the firmware file from dji's web site. Load the bin file in the root of the memory card, make sure the RC is off, then turn on the aircraft. The fw upgrade process may take up to 20 minutes or so. There is a light in the front of the camera, that light is going to change from green to red during the process. Wait until the lights in the bird turn to normal, red and green. When the light in front of the camera turns to solid green the fw upgrade process is complete.

Download the firmware file from dji's web site. Load the bin file in the root of the memory card, make sure the RC is off, then turn on the aircraft. The fw upgrade process may take up to 20 minutes or so. There is a light in the front of the camera, that light is going to change from green to red during the process. Wait until the lights in the bird turn to normal, red and green. When the light in front of the camera turns to solid green the fw upgrade process is complete.
Ok thank you sounds easy enough. But if I have any issues do you mind If I ask you

This should help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is also recommended to perform a compass calibration after a firmware update.

One more thing, make sure the RC and the AC battery are fully charged before starting the firmware update process, do not rush to the upgrade with a partially charged battery.

Welcome to the club, happy flying. Congrats!!

Reactions: fancymark
I charged both the controller and drone battery at the same time before I knew it wasn't recommended. Any thing I should be worried about?

I charged both the controller and drone battery at the same time before I knew it wasn't recommended. Any thing I should be worried about?
2 comments....
1 Many people charge both at the same time. I don't because I don't like how hot the charger gets when you do. But like I said, many on here still do both at the same time.
2 Don't update any firmware...yet. No need. Go enjoy the drone for a week or 2. No need to update now.

2 comments....
1 Many people charge both at the same time. I don't because I don't like how hot the charger gets when you do. But like I said, many on here still do both at the same time.
2 Don't update any firmware...yet. No need. Go enjoy the drone for a week or 2. No need to update now.

What's the reason for not updating the firmware yet? Just curious

What's the reason for not updating the firmware yet? Just curious
Below is what I usually tell people. Its the background of why I noted earlier in the thread that you dont need to update right away (unless the AC came with 1.5). Others of course will have different reasons, or may even disagree and suggest that you update immediately. Just use this as a data point to decide for yourself.

Using what you get when it arrives will give you a chance to check out your new drone for any unlikely infant mortality (early life) type of electronic issues, to understand the relationship between the RC, the AC, your mobile device, and the software, plus learn the many nuances of the design and it's features. Once you are very comfortable with what you have, you will better understand the forum discussions about pros/cons with each FW version and you can make a more educated decision about which version you prefer. You will also be in a better position to recognize any issues that are introduced if you do decide to update.

I cringe when I read about people who immediately update their firmware before they even know how to fly or before they know yet if what they have is fully functional. Then it's more difficult to diagnose or recognize any issues, and much more difficult if not impossible to go back to what they started with when new.

As always, just my humble opinion. Cheers and good luck sir!

Reactions: dtviewer
For some reason it made me update. So I'm updating and at first it was beeping DDDD and red, green flashing on camera little light. Then the little light turned solid green and now it has solid red lights and the back green lights are flashing while beeping D, DD. What's going on?

Nevermind . I got tired of the beeping so after waiting almost 20 minutes I turned off the drone and back on went outside compass calibrated . Reset return to home and with a pounding heart shakeyes hands I pressed the auto takeoff button! Nothing. Looked at iPad and it said slide to take off . So once again nervous as all he'll I slide the button and it was the most beautiful site. Went up and hovered at about 4 feet or so and just stayed there . Dang this thing is stable!!! I did a little maneuvering and went up about 15 but it's dark and sorta windy so I only had it in the air for 5 minutes or so. I'm in love and addicted! This thing is awesome!! I didn't land though. I grabbed it while it was in the air and put the stick all the way down until the blades stopped spinning . I need practice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers