something weird

got another email from DJI after I replied to their " contact us" email with a bit of ( :evil: ) words:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not service your region and have to recommend you contact the UK support team. You can call them at +49 (0) 1803 354000* or email them at [email protected].

This has happened a few times but not a common occurrence.

but not sure about " This has happened a few times " if he was referring to the stickers or the serial numbers or maybe both :(

pilot said:
got another email from DJI after I replied to their " contact us" email with a bit of ( :evil: ) words:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not service your region and have to recommend you contact the UK support team. You can call them at +49 (0) 1803 354000* or email them at [email protected].

This has happened a few times but not a common occurrence.

but not sure about " This has happened a few times " if he was referring to the stickers or the serial numbers or maybe both :(

Yet again... clear, concise tech support from the leaders in their field.... How long they'll be the leaders in their field depends on how long this type of horse **** continues... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

pilot said:
Mosleyh said:
This will be a real issue if and when you have to re-bind the range extender to the camera. The QR code on the box won't give the correct MAC address for your camera because it matches the one that was originally in that box.

As the guys said earlier here and I also checked with 2 P2V boxes I have + a couple of my friend out here, the repeater & camera serial numbers match correctly, the phantom (bird) it self is the one that does not match the serial number on the box

It's almost as if they abducted your brand new Phantom and replaced it with one that already had the stickers applied. I wonder to what nefarious end... If a swarm of Phantoms wind up attacking government centers... and they all have red arm bands and one red dji sticker on top... :shock: :shock: :shock:

queue the creepy organ music here, please...

-slinger

Anyone figure this out? I've had 2 vision plus's both had stickers on them and just noticed the one I still have does not have matching phantom serial numbers. Repeater is same but one on the bird and box do not match just like everyone else has said. I bought in NYC (stc) if anyone else bought from the same spot with the same issue?

Two possible reasons for stickers. Marketing department want the DJI logo on the machine and don't want to trust us to put it on or in the best place, ie where it can be seen by rubberneckers when it is on the ground.

The red bands may be there so that there is no excuse for not knowing which way round it is for first time pilots. I wonder if they have a file of accident reports from people flying their new toy into their faces thinking it was the other way round ( if you can call such stupidity 'thinking'.

Just a theory...

I'm sending my P2V back B&H today for repair... they are going to send it to DJI. I have absolutely no idea how long it will take. My just tumbled out of the sky from 200 feet due to a faulty solder joint. B&H told me that these things have a 1 year warrantee for that kind of thing. Nonetheless, my confidence for successful and timely repair is low.

But your answers (or non-answers) from DJI, along with my inability to find spare parts, and the numerous flyaway and crash reports I've read, all lead me on one path... don't buy another DJI phantom. There are other companies in this business... probably with a far less integrated approach than the Phantom, but service after the sale matters.

re the serial numbers,I had thought I read somewhere that when re-binding you need to use the QR codes from the box and not the Phantom, and that if you got rid of the box you need to contact DJI to get a new QR code. So it may very well be possible that the numbers on the box have never matched what's on the phantom. I will double check mine when I get home.

When I got my + two weeks ago the red sticker were already on it...I didn't think a second about it.

Interesting topic...
When I got my PV2+ it had the stickers on it as well
but
the first video I recorded was DJI00017... shouldn't it have been DJI00001 :?:

btw my S/N on my Phantom doesn't match the box either...

The box definitely looked factory "sealed" when I got it fwiw.

My first P2V was returned due to bad pixels in the camera. I assume B&H (my dealer) sent it back DJI.

So what did DJI do with it? Replace the camera, clean it up and resell it as new? I have no idea. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. But I've never seem them offer 'refurbished' sales. We know they have returns.

Good topic for a sticky post: How to inspect your brand new P2V. First image file name should be on the list, as well as wether or not the stickers have been applied.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl